Username
Password

Comments: Page 7
Displaying posts 90 - 105 of 175
11:59 AM on 10/12/12
Daveyhavok832
O.G.
User Info.
Hey dude! I'm Joe from the band Patent Pending. First and foremost you need to know that we treat our band as a family. Someone attacked one of us on stage, the rest of us are going to have something to say about it.
- Joe!
http://patentpendingmusic.com
I've always like Patent Pending. I discovered you guys my junior year of high school and so I've been a fan for 7 or 8 years now. I wish as a fan of both Patent Pending and The Ataris, that this never happened. I also wish you guys hadn't made this video. You guys like to joke a lot and that's cool. Kris Roe doesn't really joke at all anymore and that's cool too. But knowing there is a big difference between his two bands, Rob should have acted accordingly. And defending him as "family" is bogus because every family has a fuck-up that does something stupid (My sister for instance) and you can't always come to their defense.

What Kris did was wrong, it was messed up, etc. We know that. No one is defending his actions. Coming up with a video response 3 days after the fact is a little petulent though. Think about it, you guys are semi-big. You've been on tour, you get maybe 1000-2000 people watching you at Warped Tour/Bamboozle and such... Now look at Kris Roe. He's sold over a million albums, played live at The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, was on MTV and the Billboard charts... and now he has nothing. Don't you think he's lost enough that taking the high road on this one would have been acceptable? The dude is a shadow and while I really do wish him the best and hope for redemption with his new album, it's not likely.

Making fun of Kris with your video is equivalent to bullying the kid who's mom died.
12:00 PM on 10/12/12
SupMikecheck
The Official @SupMikecheck
User Info.
Hats off to him!
12:03 PM on 10/12/12
Daveyhavok832
O.G.
User Info.
Honestly the only song I remember by them is a Don Henley cover.
That's odd because we're the same age and when I was a sophmore in high school, I couldn't go anywhere without hearing In This Diary.
12:16 PM on 10/12/12
phillipjacob
@phillipjacob
User Info.
This kind of reminds me of that time Christian Bale had that huge freak out on set and Michael Cera made a mockumentary video of it.

I don't consider this video immature or childish so much as the band is making light of the situation and promoting their own band.

It's a situation all sides wish never happened I'm sure, but it looks like both sides are making the best of it possible.
12:20 PM on 10/12/12
JamesMichael
Fight Fuck Regret
User Info.
What he said about "countless others" who have left the band, made me go check their Wikipedia page and HOLY SHIT does The Ataris have a ton of ex-members. Wonder why that is?

Former members
Marko DeSantis – bass guitar (1996–1997)
Derrick Plourde – drums (1996–1997)
Mike Davenport – bass guitar (1998–2005)
Chris Knapp – drums (1998–2005)
Patrick Riley – guitar (1998)
Marco Peña – guitar (1998–2001)
John Collura – guitar, backing vocals, piano (2001–2007)
Paul Carabello – guitar, backing vocals (2005–2007)
Sean Hansen – bass guitar, backing vocals (2005–2007)
Angus Cooke – cello (2005–2007)
Shane Chikeles – drums (2005–2007)
Christopher Swinney – guitar, backing vocals (2008–2010)
Jacob Dwiggins – drums (2008–2012)
Rob Felicetti – lead guitar (2010–2011), drums, percussion (2012)

Seems like a large chunk of them left in 2007. Anyone know what happened?
12:21 PM on 10/12/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Seems like a large chunk of them left in 2007. Anyone know what happened?
Welcome the Night
12:28 PM on 10/12/12
JamesMichael
Fight Fuck Regret
User Info.

Ahaha good point!

Whats the chances of The Graveyard of the Atlantic ACTUALLY coming out in the future? It's been years!
12:35 PM on 10/12/12
bakerboy420
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Haha this rules. Fuck Kris Roe, I used to really like the Ataris but this ruined everything for me. But seriously people saying this video is immature are losers, who wouldn't do the same if you were fucked over like he was.
12:35 PM on 10/12/12
jacqsmack6
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It was bad enough to for the incident to happen to begin with. But then for Kris to try and defend himself for it, and tell everyone that Rob has a drinking problem? You cannot try and tarnish someone's reputation like that by making extremely serious accusations about their character, and expect nothing to happen.

I'm probably biased because this video freakin cracks me up, but regardless, I think it was totally warranted.
12:38 PM on 10/12/12
brothemighty
Blue moon, where are you today?
User Info.
Well, I'm gonna freaking look up Patent Pending now
12:39 PM on 10/12/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Ahaha good point!

Whats the chances of The Graveyard of the Atlantic ACTUALLY coming out in the future? It's been years!
Slim
12:39 PM on 10/12/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Well, I'm gonna freaking look up Patent Pending now
Their most recent album, Second Family, is still streaming on their AP.net profile if you want to check it out.
12:43 PM on 10/12/12
.dot
behance.net/jordanhaenlein
User Info.
They both seem like douches to me.
schmalz
...with the saves the day record on
User Info.
Thomas is only defending the Ataris because his label released their 7"
Basketcase