AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
The Ataris News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 85.
04:48 PM on 10/12/12
mrzippo3
User Info.
Got bored half way through the 1st song. Been listening to the 2nd song for years so that didn't really move me either. Setting my expectations super low for this album so that when/if it ever comes out, it might be enjoyable.
04:54 PM on 10/12/12
honkytonk
Fedoras, limit 1 per group.
User Info.
Holy shit. These are so great. This record needs to be in my ears. I'm ecstatic to see that Kris has gone the slower and more melodic route for some songs on this record, the way Welcome the Night was. I'll always champion that record as being criminally under appreciated.
Definitely agree about Welcome The Night, that record just hit me at the perfect time, love it.

I'm liking these new songs too, my interest in the new record has kinda waned over time but I can't see myself not enjoying it
05:00 PM on 10/12/12
bradsonemanband
Change To Fire/Cootie Catcher
User Info.
this shit is fucking awesome....
05:04 PM on 10/12/12
veronabryce
User Info.
Hell yeah love it.

All the nay-sayers flip flopped back into fans haha trolls.
05:08 PM on 10/12/12
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
User Info.
distractions from the craziness
05:29 PM on 10/12/12
p93
hopelessly yours, Alabama
User Info.
Definitely agree about Welcome The Night, that record just hit me at the perfect time, love it.

I'm liking these new songs too, my interest in the new record has kinda waned over time but I can't see myself not enjoying it

Glad to know people out there agree. And yeah, it would have been a lot more effective (or relevant, as most people on this site love to throw out) in say, 2009 or 2010, but I'll just be glad when it gets released at all.
05:30 PM on 10/12/12
ihatehatehaters
User Info.
If Kris's goal with releasing these songs was to make me forget about his shenanigans that took place earlier this week, then I say well played sir. These are phenomenal.
05:30 PM on 10/12/12
bradsonemanband
Change To Fire/Cootie Catcher
User Info.
is anyone else having problems buying these songs? i neeeeed them on a cd right nooooow :)
05:43 PM on 10/12/12
Freshman15Davey
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
No harmonies, no care.
05:48 PM on 10/12/12
jjnunn118
The Alternative Review
User Info.
New Ataris?!?!?!?! PERFECT way to start my weekend!!!

Edit: Don't know about drummers, but at least it states that no computers were harmed in the credits
08:47 PM on 10/12/12
Jerzeyboy525
User Info.
these songs are amazing...esp the redone fast times...despite all kris' mistakes he makes (ie asbury), he will always be one of my favorite songwriters and a good guy personally. the ataris will always have a place in my heart. i loved welcome the night because of that. it was a different direction, a more matured attempt that worked for me. 12/15/10 seems to blend welcome the night with the older ataris sound....thank you.
10:09 PM on 10/12/12
March_Faster!!
まくどなるどなしじゃいきられない。
User Info.
This dude can still craft a good, melodic song. I'm diggin 'em.
10:18 PM on 10/12/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Songs are awesome. Record will be awesome.
10:28 PM on 10/12/12
Daveyhavok832
O.G.
User Info.
Holy shit. These are so great. This record needs to be in my ears. I'm ecstatic to see that Kris has gone the slower and more melodic route for some songs on this record, the way Welcome the Night was. I'll always champion that record as being criminally under appreciated.
I'm right there with you. I listened to that album almost every single day for two years. It wasn't poppy enough for the people that wanted another So Long Astoria but had any other band released that album, it would still be talked about regularly today.
10:55 PM on 10/12/12
mattregan
www.twitter.com/vipregan
User Info.
Good songs, but they aren't exactly new though.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS