Username
Password

Comments: Page 15
Displaying posts 210 - 225 of 233
06:02 AM on 10/12/12
Kal El
Yesterday means nothing to me.
User Info.
I don't mean to be a douche or anything, but the easiest way I can say this: Yes, this is unmistakably an Anberlin album. For better or worse, I guess.

I was, and still am, a huge fan of Cities though.
06:27 AM on 10/12/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I've never been a fan of Anberlin, specifically for the vocal style. With autotune, it's just so much worse. I can't stand listening to him sing. It's really frustrating because the music behind it is absolutely killer.

Instrumental version of the album, please? :|
I don't hear this autotune you speak of on the album. I mean I listened twice but maybe not closely enough. I know they layered a lot of synth but the dude sounds as good as he has always in the past imo.
06:38 AM on 10/12/12
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
Lol what autotune???

I've never been a fan of Anberlin, specifically for the vocal style. With autotune, it's just so much worse. I can't stand listening to him sing. It's really frustrating because the music behind it is absolutely killer.

Instrumental version of the album, please? :|
07:36 AM on 10/12/12
atticusfinch
Faith In More Than Steel
User Info.
This album is impressive. Kinda wanna go hear these new synth songs live next month, but our concert is on a Tuesday out of town. Maybe.
08:22 AM on 10/12/12
Lovely?
User Info.
fuck yeah
09:12 AM on 10/12/12
cappslock
Tory-loving Royalist
User Info.
Orpheum/Modern Age/God, Drugs & Sex is just as good as Inevitable/Dismantle.Repair/*Fin.

Listening to those 3 songs straight down were 50% of the reason I loved Cities so much. Obviously the vibe's different on this album, but I absolutely think those hold up to that standard.
09:21 AM on 10/12/12
PetitnaindesĪles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
User Info.
This is so so so so much better than i expected after Dark Is The Way. It could possibly be their best album, which isn't common for a 6th album.
09:26 AM on 10/12/12
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Orpheum/Modern Age/God, Drugs & Sex is just as good as Inevitable/Dismantle.Repair/*Fin.

Listening to those 3 songs straight down were 50% of the reason I loved Cities so much. Obviously the vibe's different on this album, but I absolutely think those hold up to that standard.
as much as I like those songs I was just thinking the opposite on the way home.
10:34 AM on 10/12/12
Forefall
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't hear this autotune you speak of on the album. I mean I listened twice but maybe not closely enough. I know they layered a lot of synth but the dude sounds as good as he has always in the past imo.
Yeah, you're right. I take the autotune comment back. The stream is incredibly bad quality that made it sound like his voice was autotuned to me. I'm just not a fan of some of the synths (especially on Innocent) and I still don't care for his voice. More of a personal thing I guess. The music is really fucking great and the lyrics are nice (though not spectacular). I want to like this band so much, too.

His screams are decent though.
10:40 AM on 10/12/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Yeah, you're right. I take the autotune comment back. The stream is incredibly bad quality that made it sound like his voice was autotuned to me. I'm just not a fan of some of the synths (especially on Innocent) and I still don't care for his voice. More of a personal thing I guess. The music is really fucking great and the lyrics are nice (though not spectacular). I want to like this band so much, too.

His screams are decent though.
Eh my best suggestion is wait for higher quality release of the album. Not gonna change your opinion of his vocals and tons of times really talented artists and bands have not really done it for me because of the vocals. If you end up not liking it don't fret cause while Anberlin are really good this is a golden era for finding small bands who are really good and may sound similiar.
12:39 PM on 10/12/12
B.G.
User Info.

I agree, These three songs are clearly the three best on this album. They all flow well into one another
03:30 PM on 10/12/12
ValleyForge
User Info.
This album is monstrous. So good. Definitely top 10 material for me.

On another note, am I the only one hearing "Climbing Up The Walls" by Radiohead on "God, Drugs, and Sex"?
03:52 PM on 10/12/12
TheHeretic
User Info.
Very satisfied by this. It´s not as diverse as I still think Cities is, but it´s cohesive and of consistent quality, something New Surrender and Dark is the Way... aren't. Anyone else loving the ´love mee-hee' change-up in Other Side? I keep belting along with that.
07:35 PM on 10/12/12
EncasedInIce
User Info.
Definitely a top 10 album for me in what has been an absolutely huge year for music. That beginning to Desires rocks so hard
05:49 AM on 10/13/12
jtalep
Save Me From Myself
User Info.
Very satisfied by this. It´s not as diverse as I still think Cities is, but it´s cohesive and of consistent quality, something New Surrender and Dark is the Way... aren't. Anyone else loving the ´love mee-hee' change-up in Other Side? I keep belting along with that.
Gave me goosebumps when I heard that bit, it's awesome!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos