Username
Password

10:45 AM on 10/15/12 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old

After seeing many of your other posts on this site, I can attest this is the most true addiction of anyone in this thread.
10:56 AM on 10/15/12 
User Info.
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 23 Years Old
After seeing many of your other posts on this site, I can attest this is the most true addiction of anyone in this thread.
Except for maybe the meth one. God damn.
11:22 AM on 10/15/12 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
Except for maybe the meth one. God damn.

Meth is a helluva drug. I've had friends that were into it and then quit and almost every one of them fell back into it at one point or another. I mean I've seen people quit for years and still go back.

Luckily, the only thing I've every really dealt with is cigarettes but after 8 years of smoking I quit, and after 4 years I have ZERO desire to go back.

I do smoke lots of pot, and drink (but I've stopped drinking daily and now only drink maybe once a week if that)

I would venture to say that I am addicted to TV/movies too though... and probably to unhealthy foods...
11:56 AM on 10/15/12 
User Info.
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
PNW
Female - 21 Years Old
He's kinda right. When you're looking for comfort you're going to grab something unhealthy versus healthy because you're addicted to the additives in unhealthy food.

I only disagreed because while yes, I love unhealthy food and love to eat it which I am sure has something to do with additives, I also eat a ton of healthy food too. It is more the act of eating that is comforting, if that makes sense. I've given in to cravings and eaten a ton of healthy food because I just needed to eat something. I think the additives is a very insignificant factor barely worth mentioning. Still a factor, of course, but even if I only had a pantry full of amazing and organic healthy foods, I would still go crazy if I was feeling down. It's hard to explain. I will just get a super strong craving for something specific - and I have these for both healthy and unhealthy foods equally. I get where he was coming from since we were asking why unhealthy food was so delicious, but from where I'm coming from it's more of a "why do I punish myself with this greasy food?" question instead of literally asking why it is so amazing.
12:00 PM on 10/15/12 
User Info.
ChelseaRiane
<3
Buffalo, NY
Female - 22 Years Old
I only disagreed because while yes, I love unhealthy food and love to eat it which I am sure has something to do with additives, I also eat a ton of healthy food too. It is more the act of eating that is comforting, if that makes sense. I've given in to cravings and eaten a ton of healthy food because I just needed to eat something. Wanting to eat the bad food so much is more like a punishment because I know it is bad and awful for me, so it depends on the situation on what kind of food I go for. I think the additives is a very insignificant factor. Still a factor, of course, but even if I only had a pantry full of amazing and organic healthy foods, I would still go crazy if I was feeling down.

I get that too. But like I said in my post after this one, addiction has so many more components than what we see and is a lot more complex. All addictions are different and effect everyone in different ways. While it may not be part of your addiction, it could very well be part of someone else's
12:12 PM on 10/15/12 
User Info.
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
PNW
Female - 21 Years Old
I get that too. But like I said in my post after this one, addiction has so many more components than what we see and is a lot more complex. All addictions are different and effect everyone in different ways. While it may not be part of your addiction, it could very well be part of someone else's

I get that too. He just came off condescending because what he said didn't really apply to me personally (can't speak for who I was originally having the convo with, though she seemed to disagree as well) and he was arguing back with both of us when we disagreed with him. I wasn't speaking on behalf of anyone else's issues, just my own. I know there are lots of people who are actually addicted to food and the taste of it, which mine has little to do with the actual taste and needing the junk food - mine is more just the comfort provided by the act of eating whatever - healthy or unhealthy. To me, we were discussing something totally different than what he was talking about, and when I told him how that didn't really apply to my addiction, he still argued back, and I don't really care for that, since like you said, everyone's addiction is different and he doesn't really know mine well enough to do that. It's not like we don't know that the food is bad because of stuff like that, you know? So I just got a bit defensive. It's like telling an alcoholic about the dangers of alcohol when everybody already knows them already. Just kind of unnecessary.
01:29 PM on 10/15/12 
User Info.
herestoyoufla
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 23 Years Old
Meth is a helluva drug. I've had friends that were into it and then quit and almost every one of them fell back into it at one point or another. I mean I've seen people quit for years and still go back.

Luckily, the only thing I've every really dealt with is cigarettes but after 8 years of smoking I quit, and after 4 years I have ZERO desire to go back.

I do smoke lots of pot, and drink (but I've stopped drinking daily and now only drink maybe once a week if that)

I would venture to say that I am addicted to TV/movies too though... and probably to unhealthy foods...

haha, yeah, i always talk to you in the marijuana forum. I'm about to go look up your firecracker recipe actually, haha.

Do you think smoking weed actually HELPED you quit cigarettes? I've always felt that it could help to transition to weed, and then stop smoking all together if you wanted.
01:41 PM on 10/15/12 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
haha, yeah, i always talk to you in the marijuana forum. I'm about to go look up your firecracker recipe actually, haha.

Do you think smoking weed actually HELPED you quit cigarettes? I've always felt that it could help to transition to weed, and then stop smoking all together if you wanted.

Smoking weed probably helped in some way... The hardest part for me was when I was driving, cuz I would always smoke a cigarette in the car. I just started eating sunflower seeds instead and that helped a ton. I just kept an empty cup in my car to spit the shells into. Some people thought it was gross, but it's way grosser to smoke cigarettes.
01:45 PM on 10/15/12 
User Info.
herestoyoufla
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 23 Years Old
Smoking weed probably helped in some way... The hardest part for me was when I was driving, cuz I would always smoke a cigarette in the car. I just started eating sunflower seeds instead and that helped a ton. I just kept an empty cup in my car to spit the shells into. Some people thought it was gross, but it's way grosser to smoke cigarettes.

That's for sure. On another note, what temp do you cook your firecrackers on? I can't find our convo in the other thread. Just trying to make sure i don't burn off all the thc, which i most likely did last time.
05:15 AM on 10/16/12 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
That's for sure. On another note, what temp do you cook your firecrackers on? I can't find our convo in the other thread. Just trying to make sure i don't burn off all the thc, which i most likely did last time.

I actually just made some the other day and did them at about 290, which I think was a little too high... I'd cook them at 275 for about 18 minutes... Let me know how they turn out... Also make sure they peanut butter you use does NOT have hydrogenated oil.
05:36 PM on 10/16/12 
User Info.
makeasound
start appreciating yourself
sf bay area
Female - 31 Years Old
Fast food.

I know the root of the issue (goes back to childhood) and it would take paragraphs to explain, but there is a very unhealthy relationship between that type of food and my emotions. Went from something I craved during bad times, to something I crave in response to any strong emotion. Sometimes it reaches binge-proportions, other times its a snack or small meal.

I'm lucky that my metabolism is somewhat insane and I live a relatively active life, so it doesn't show. But my family has a history of cholesterol issues, so it's definitely something I'm working on weening myself away from.
10:12 AM on 10/18/12 
User Info.
crookhawk
union County, New...
Male
weed, alcohol, videogames, pills, and im sure there was probly something else
10:26 AM on 10/18/12 
User Info.
SwertsOnALog
Jump Jump
Ohio
Male - 26 Years Old
D-d-d-drugs. No further details to share
07:28 PM on 11/23/12 
User Info.
wecameaswaffles
peacemaker
Engineering at UML
Female - 17 Years Old
I had an embarrassing Guitar Hero "addiction" in the 7th grade. My grades dropped and I gained 20 pounds.

It was awesome.
11:20 PM on 11/23/12 
User Info.
banditandrew
Swiper No Swiping
Orange County
Male - 27 Years Old
I am addicted to being nice

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives