AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Fearless Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Summer Set Performs New Song

Posted by - 11:20 AM on 10/17/12
The Summer Set recently performed their new How I Met Your Mother-inspired song, "Legendary," acoustically. Video is in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 21
11:20 AM on 10/17/12
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
11:23 AM on 10/17/12
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
These guys made such big strides with that last record, and now it seems they're back to terribly immature stuff. A shame.
11:27 AM on 10/17/12
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 700 bands!
User Info.
It would've been legendary if their lyrics were "I want to be legend, wait for it, dary."
11:50 AM on 10/17/12
Thtsimskid15
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
pretty good whens the new album out?
11:50 AM on 10/17/12
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
These guys made such big strides with that last record, and now it seems they're back to terribly immature stuff. A shame.
what's immature about it?
12:01 PM on 10/17/12
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
what's immature about it?

The "How I Met Your Mother" and "Celebrity Rehab" name drops, the Peter Pan stuff.
12:03 PM on 10/17/12
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
i don't think this song is immature at all. referencing a tv show might not make for the best lyrics, but it's in a pretty mature setting here.
12:11 PM on 10/17/12
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
i don't think this song is immature at all. referencing a tv show might not make for the best lyrics, but it's in a pretty mature setting here.
This song is going to be incredibly dated in just a few years, and the name drops are just cringe-worthy.

But whatever
12:17 PM on 10/17/12
HeyItsAllyssa
Graphic Designer / AllyssaMarae.com
User Info.
Well I do love HIMYM but I do see the point in this being dated in a few years. I can see this song being more for fun or a B-side but not as a legitimate song on the album. But hey I could be wrong?
12:20 PM on 10/17/12
firewater
the ransom
User Info.
This song is going to be incredibly dated in just a few years, and the name drops are just cringe-worthy.

But whatever
I hate when bands write about subject matter that relates to a present fad. I know artists refer to certain time periods, but to namedrop a TV show is lame in this day and age(IMO).
12:21 PM on 10/17/12
firewater
the ransom
User Info.
I also loved where they were heading based on their last album. Got alot of MB20/Train vibes from that record; definitely my favorite they've released.
02:18 PM on 10/17/12
seanwaits
Let It Happen / Sean
User Info.
The "How I Met Your Mother" and "Celebrity Rehab" name drops, the Peter Pan stuff.
I do love HIMYM though....
02:43 PM on 10/17/12
the new dancer
User Info.
I thought BDales was joking a few months back when he said he was going to write a song about HIMYM. I only listened to maybe the first minute or so but as of right now I am so up in the air about if I like it or not.
04:43 PM on 10/17/12
taylorenzminger
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think the album version will be sick. With the way bands go through album cycles, its not like the record is going to be relevant much longer than the show anyway.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos