Username
Password
Canada News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Canada
Inside AP.net

Canadian Music Round-Up (10/21/12)

Posted by: Deborah Remus (10/21/12)
Head to the replies to read this week's Canadian Music Round-Up.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 21
07:57 AM on 10/21/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Canadian Music Round-UpAlexisonfire Announced the Various Bands (Moneen, Billy Talent, Fucked Up, etc) That Will Open Their Farewell Tour

Billy Talent
Released the Music Video For "Surprise Surprise"

The Flatliners
Confirmed More Shows in Ontario, Quebec and Australia

Kids & Heroes Streamed Two New Songs From Their Upcoming Record Chalet

We Interviewed Sam Sutherland About His New Book Perfect Youth: The Birth of Canadian Punk

Seaway and Safe to Say Streamed Their New Split 7"

Tegan and Sara
Performed a New Song

------------------------------------------------------------------
If you’d like to submit Canadian news to AbsolutePunk.net, email me at deborah.remus@absolutepunk.net or send me a PM with “Canadian Round-Up” in the subject line. I don't check the news queue often so that's probably the best way if you want to guarantee I'll see it.
07:58 AM on 10/21/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
These posts are so dead nowadays I'd like to attempt to breathe some more life back into them. Anyone been to any shows recently? These are the ones I can think of off the top of my head, I'm sure I'm missing tons that are going on this weekend:

-Marianas Trench began their first arena tour across Canada and I'll be checking it out tonight.

-Protest the Hero are currently touring across the country with Black Label Society.

-I think Less Than Jake are in Alberta this weekend?
09:02 AM on 10/21/12
Keele
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Happy to hear moneen is playing shows. Wonder if there will be a new record from them in 2012
09:35 AM on 10/21/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Happy to hear moneen is playing shows. Wonder if there will be a new record from them in 2012

Maybe in 2013, but I don't know. I feel like they're playing those shows for nostalgia more than anything else.
12:00 PM on 10/21/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
I love these threads, keep doing them!! On a side note I finally got into Marianas Trench after all these years. They truly deserve all the praise they get.
12:16 PM on 10/21/12
mattbp
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Maybe in 2013, but I don't know. I feel like they're playing those shows for nostalgia more than anything else.
Same here. I had no idea they were still together..
12:18 PM on 10/21/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
I love these threads, keep doing them!! On a side note I finally got into Marianas Trench after all these years. They truly deserve all the praise they get.

Cool, which MT record won you over? Alongside Brighter Brightest, I think they're one of the best pop-rock bands making music right now.
01:06 PM on 10/21/12
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
Marianas Trench were in town the other day, but I didn't really have any desire to go, mostly to do with the people that would be there and Down With Webster. I wouldn't mind seeing them again at some point, but I doubt they will tour Canada anymore with bands that interest me.
01:36 PM on 10/21/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Marianas Trench were in town the other day, but I didn't really have any desire to go, mostly to do with the people that would be there and Down With Webster. I wouldn't mind seeing them again at some point, but I doubt they will tour Canada anymore with bands that interest me.

I understand what you're saying. I have a feeling I'm going to be one of the oldest people there tonight, even though I'm only 22. I'm also not interested in Down With Webster.

But I've also never seen Marianas Trench so I just want to finally see them regardless of the situation. I hear they're going all out with stage props and theatrics and all that stuff so I'm hoping that will be cool at the very least. They've been saying in interviews they could never pull this stuff off in smaller venues, which makes sense.
01:40 PM on 10/21/12
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
I understand what you're saying. I have a feeling I'm going to be one of the oldest people there tonight, even though I'm only 22. I'm also not interested in Down With Webster.

But I've also never seen Marianas Trench so I just want to finally see them regardless of the situation. I hear they're going all out with stage props and theatrics and all that stuff so I'm hoping that will be cool at the very least. They've been saying in interviews they could never pull this stuff off in smaller venues, which makes sense.
I was lucky enough to see them shortly after Fix Me came out, and they played to no more than 100 people. I think the music they are releasing now is far better, but that was such a cool show.
01:45 PM on 10/21/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
I was lucky enough to see them shortly after Fix Me came out, and they played to no more than 100 people. I think the music they are releasing now is far better, but that was such a cool show.

For sure, that would have been awesome. I've liked this band since 2006, I just never got around to seeing them. Do you remember who else was playing?
01:59 PM on 10/21/12
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
For sure, that would have been awesome. I've liked this band since 2006, I just never got around to seeing them. Do you remember who else was playing?
It was just a bunch of locals. Hello Beautiful, Hail The Villain, Cauterize. I'm not sure how many of those had any recognition outside of the area at the time.
06:48 PM on 10/21/12
Brandon Allin
Stay Ready
User Info.
Cauterize were pretty big there for a little bit.
07:14 PM on 10/21/12
softhands
@saskhockey
User Info.
No Bragging Rights were going to play Saskatchewan but couldn't get over the border in time, but they are in Calgary tonight.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests