07:24 PM on 10/23/12
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
User Info.
awesome! great album
07:44 PM on 10/23/12
Thisisgoodbye
User Info.
You must've heard some other fun. songs other than We Are Young, right?

And the only ~irony~ here is "T Swift" and "great songwriter" being in the same paragraph.
um yeah I've heard everything by fun., they are great. The point Im trying to make is that people like you crucify her just because she is a pop star, but the fact is bands like fun. are in the same category as her.

Actually the real irony here is if you just add distortion to taylor swift's songs and replace her voice with a "scene" singer, people like you would eat her music up.
07:49 PM on 10/23/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Not sure I understand some of the people on here with hate for T Swift. She's a great songwriter and she's very smart in how she markets her music.

Its ironic that anyone who listens to fun. or all american rejects calls taylor swift "crappy pop music."
Not really, cause fun. don't write crappy pop music.
07:50 PM on 10/23/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
um yeah I've heard everything by fun., they are great. The point Im trying to make is that people like you crucify her just because she is a pop star, but the fact is bands like fun. are in the same category as her.

Actually the real irony here is if you just add distortion to taylor swift's songs and replace her voice with a "scene" singer, people like you would eat her music up.
They are not in the same category.
08:26 PM on 10/23/12
luqmanhakim
Registered Member
User Info.

I like Adele, I LOVE Ellie Goulding. Guess what they are. Yeah, pop stars.

Way to assume that I hate everything pop. Way to even group fun. with Taylor Swift. And no, I won't eat it up. You could replace her voice with the 'manliest' singer and I still won't dig her shit. For every time she repeats 'never' and 'ever' in that abortion of a song, music gets stabbed in the face.
08:32 PM on 10/23/12
FTank
Blank
User Info.

I agree with the second part of this.

I've never liked her music at all but I think this album is pretty good.
08:40 PM on 10/23/12
hippiepunk3
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
why is this on here? This is sad.
08:46 PM on 10/23/12
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
User Info.
She doesn't, and she's not a feminist in the least, and therefore shouldn't be held to the standards of one. I think she thought she was giving a safe answer, like "men are just as good as women and vice versa," but you can't blame her for thinking to "put your mind to it and do it" is always realistic because she is a product of that mindset. She was turned down by many labels, signed to Sony at age 14, to which they told her she couldn't release music for at least 4 more years.. she walked away, signed with an indie label, and made millions. Her mindset of what a "woman" can do is obviously overshadowed by her own fortunate experience.

Bottom line is that I think what she meant to do was to pull an athlete move and avoid the question altogether and say "Regardless of your sex, you can do anything you put your mind to."

I agree with that, though I still think her view of feminism being men vs. women is a bit off, but ia that she thought she was giving a harmless answer and she was going off her experience, even though she's more of an exception than a rule. She got famous young, and let's be real, most celebrities who got famous young don't really know this stuff. I wasn't expecting a feminist answer, and I'm not demanding that she be one. I just wish she would've been a bit more... educated on it if she were to respond. I don't know why people even ask her this stuff. It is so awkward when they ask her things like this, or her political stance. She is clearly not comfortable with answering and doesn't want to alienate her fans, and she doesn't seem to really care about that stuff anyway, to be honest. I just thought it was an ignorant answer, but I'm not angry, just kinda... disappointed even though it's not surprising or anything. It's like when Britney Spears is asked serious questions and I'm reminded she dropped out of school in ninth grade by her dumb answers haha. Taylor will never take a "controversial" stand on anything anyway, even if she was behind something 100%. I guess I just like more outspoken personalities, although I totally understand her reasons for it and I don't dislike her because of it.

/essay
09:46 PM on 10/23/12
Broden Terry
I'm glad I built myself an igloo
User Info.
I really do quite enjoy the music that Taylor Swift creates, and this album is so exception. "All Too Well" is simply fantastic.
09:50 PM on 10/23/12
nick_smizzle
@nick_smizzle
User Info.
wow holy shit, good for her. the album rules.
10:31 PM on 10/23/12
kazuma_ootaro28
User Info.
08:17 AM on 10/24/12
betterthanyou99
User Info.
AOTY. Great record and deserving of the success. Thank God Taylor came to save them again. Sales for music have been so shitty this year. I bet the industry is thrilled.
10:19 AM on 10/24/12
The Racer
User Info.
taylor swift> lady gaga
05:10 PM on 10/24/12
MetroWestFilms
User Info.
Good for her. Red has some catchy tracks.
11:17 PM on 10/24/12
PopPunkKid
extremely old username
User Info.

So fucking true.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums