Username
Password

Album Review - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 68.
08:07 AM on 10/24/12
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
So it's "P.O.S" without the full stop after the S now?
it's always been like that

08:09 AM on 10/24/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Interrupt away. I love the album. Made me have a huge appreciation for Lazerbeak.

Have you listened to Beaks solo album?
08:10 AM on 10/24/12
Chuck!
treat yo self
User Info.
I'm not usually into rap/RnB music. But the amount of hype and praise for this record is huge. Should I give it a shot anyway?

Yes. Though I'd suggest starting with Never Better.
10:47 AM on 10/24/12
SleepsSundays
Pro-Stars, Pro-Skies.
User Info.
Not quite as good as Never Better for me but still, really, really good. Top twenty albums of this year so far, for sure.
12:12 PM on 10/24/12
sakattack123
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The thing about P.O.S, and Doomtree as a whole, is how amazing they are live. I'm slightly disappointed with Get Down solely because for the past year and a half or so whenever I've seen it played, it's SUCH an awesome/fun song. It still is, of course, but I just don't like the recorded beat as much. I cannot wait to hear How We Land live. I bet Justin will be at the CD release show or something. Anyway, love the album, awesome review, amazing artist. Can't wait for this year's blowout.
01:08 PM on 10/24/12
Kyle Thrash
https://twitter.com/thrash_itup
User Info.
"Lock-Picks" is a Never Better B-Side in all the right ways. After a couple listens I love the album. Not sure where it ranks yet among others.
08:41 PM on 10/24/12
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
I'm not a hip-hop / rap guy by any means at all but with how much this site loves this dude I might just have to check it out.

hey Drew, are you reviewing Atlas?

Yeah
09:26 PM on 10/24/12
almightykingdom
auri cupiditatem
User Info.
Album is definitely a grower. Didn't hook me upon first listen as Never Better did. Drew, what did you think of the bonus tracks?
11:13 PM on 10/24/12
FaceLixeMurder
Amplitude!
User Info.
Really loving this
07:07 AM on 10/25/12
StartAngry&Mad
Lets get these people moving faster
User Info.
The thing about P.O.S, and Doomtree as a whole, is how amazing they are live. I'm slightly disappointed with Get Down solely because for the past year and a half or so whenever I've seen it played, it's SUCH an awesome/fun song. It still is, of course, but I just don't like the recorded beat as much. I cannot wait to hear How We Land live. I bet Justin will be at the CD release show or something. Anyway, love the album, awesome review, amazing artist. Can't wait for this year's blowout.
Totally agree, I've been waiting anxiously to hear the studio version and it just doesn't hit as hard or fast as it does in live performances. Which is not meant as disrespect, because the track is still mean, but I was wondering whether someone would comment on that.
07:08 AM on 10/25/12
StartAngry&Mad
Lets get these people moving faster
User Info.
Oh, and anyone have any thoughts on the picture disc? I've been trying to get answers on it anywhere possible with no luck; I've been wanting to order it on vinyl, but have always steered clear of picture discs and haven't heard anything regarding a standard pressing
07:24 PM on 10/26/12
beauvais910
User Info.
Starting to like this one more than never better and I didn't think that was possible.
09:29 AM on 10/28/12
collapsing
User Info.
what's with all the hubub surrounding this guy
12:17 AM on 10/29/12
Cheesus
nope
User Info.
Lyrical gold mine here
04:12 PM on 10/30/12
cubine
www.facebook.com/truthunderattack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
There's something about this album that I like more than Never Better. Both records are high for me though, I guess I must be deaf cuz I love the entire album and the first time I heard it a few months ago I immediately hit repeat. Maybe I just like it more cuz it's a bit more accesible and I think the slower jams on this album are little more refined and focused than what Never Better had.

and Dre is reviewing KL
I've always thought POS is at his best when he's just on fire. I wasn't sure how the new beat style would work with that but thanks to tracks like Get Down and Weird Friends he's shown he can kill it over this weird new dancey shit. And there are more moments like that than on Never Better, so yeah I think it's better to.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums