Songs on All Things Must Pass that are better than "My Sweet Lord":

"If Not for You"
"Beware of Darkness"
"All Things Must Pass"
"Awaiting on You All"
06:39 AM on 10/25/12
cshadows2887
User Info.
Actually the real irony here is if you just add distortion to taylor swift's songs and replace her voice with a "scene" singer, people like you would eat her music up.

Was going to say something to this effect. She's basically making the same kind of pop that people used to call "pop-punk" around these parts, just with less electric guitars.
06:54 AM on 10/25/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Songs on All Things Must Pass that are better than "My Sweet Lord":

"If Not for You"
"Beware of Darkness"
"All Things Must Pass"
"Awaiting on You All"

For sure, I like MSL for personal reasons I suppose
07:28 AM on 10/25/12
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
um yeah I've heard everything by fun., they are great. The point Im trying to make is that people like you crucify her just because she is a pop star, but the fact is bands like fun. are in the same category as her.

Actually the real irony here is if you just add distortion to taylor swift's songs and replace her voice with a "scene" singer, people like you would eat her music up.

But that's the point, it's the distortion and the melodramatic obnoxiousness that makes a good deal of her songs grating to listen to. Adele doesn't need to have the prowess of a teenager to sing about past love, neither does Bruno Mars (to a certain extent), so why can't I listen to "We are Never Ever Ever Getting Back Together" without my eyes rolling into the back of my head after every other verse.

And this is coming from someone who can admit that there are some good T-Swift tracks. I'm looking at you Eyes Open, you sexy motherfucker.
07:29 AM on 10/25/12
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
Not really, cause fun. don't write crappy pop music.
LOL to the people who think fun. are a gimmicky pop band now just because they have a super popular album and completely ignoring how prolific and ingenious Aim and Ignite was (and arguably better than both Format albums IMO).
07:30 AM on 10/25/12
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
Was going to say something to this effect. She's basically making the same kind of pop that people used to call "pop-punk" around these parts, just with less electric guitars.
To a degree yes. Which is kinda why I stray away from the really sappy pop-punk acts these days. Most Man Overboard lyrics probably look exactly like Taylor Swift lyrics if you look at them at the same time.

Although I'd like to believe that people can distinguish the difference between a band like Man Overboard and a band like The Dangerous Summer or The Gaslight Anthem.
07:36 AM on 10/25/12
cshadows2887
User Info.
For sure, I like MSL for personal reasons I suppose
Haha. Just trying to bust your balls. It's hard to find a sub-par song on sides 1-4 of that record.
07:41 AM on 10/25/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Haha. Just trying to bust your balls. It's hard to find a sub-par song on sides 1-4 of that record.

George is such a peaceful soul. Did you get a chance to watch the HBO doc? Living in a Material World?
07:45 AM on 10/25/12
cshadows2887
User Info.
George is such a peaceful soul. Did you get a chance to watch the HBO doc? Living in a Material World?
I did. I thought it was really interesting. Just all kinds of stuff I didn't know about George.
10:09 AM on 10/27/12
Hotpants182
User Info.
probably I'm the only one who doesn't like this new album..it's kinda boring to me
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests