Username
Password
Facebook News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 55.
10:40 AM on 10/26/12
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
My thoughts exactly... Name change is about 5 years too late... They're gonna lose a giant chunk of their fanbase now and eventually gonna fade into their deserved obscurity... I mean, shit, why the hell didn't they change their name years ago.
I mean, their new stuff is infinitely better than their earlier stuff. Sampler reminded me of Radiohead, really sounded great.
10:42 AM on 10/26/12
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.
Love the teaser.

Kinda a shameless plug but I had the chance to interview Alex and have an editorial about this. For all those interested: http://mindequalsblown.net/2012/10/2...rth-of-oceana/
10:44 AM on 10/26/12
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
Almost all the members are different. (I believe)
yeah the only original member is the guitarist. anyway i'm glad they changed their name but i think they should have done that when they first reformed so scene kids wouldn't whine over their new sound.
10:44 AM on 10/26/12
nevelsaynevels
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
My thoughts exactly... Name change is about 5 years too late... They're gonna lose a giant chunk of their fanbase now and eventually gonna fade into their deserved obscurity... I mean, shit, why the hell didn't they change their name years ago.
Wait..... So they're going to lose their fanbase NOW b/c of a name change rather than them slowly progressing away from the Tide? If people are still following this band out of a hope that they'll return to "The Tide" sound then I feel bad for their inability to ascertain the multiple times the band has conveyed "We aren't going to sound like that anymore"...... They already lost a chunk of their fans for changing their sound, and I'm sure they've gained many more by following their current path....Who cares.. if you like it...like it.... if you don't go listen to The Tide and enjoy that part of their career.
10:46 AM on 10/26/12
Spencer Control
Yeah I still burn from time to time
User Info.
I like that - it was weird referring to them before and after their genre switch as the same band.
10:48 AM on 10/26/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Best move for the band and its current fans. I am an enormous fan of The Tide/birth.eater but I found Clean Head to be incredibly dull and overrated. That said I think their new stuff under a new name and more ambient sound can be a beautiful thing. At this point they clearly don't want to play anything pre-CH yet fans want to hear it thus axing the name and starting new will make everyone happy.
10:51 AM on 10/26/12
Arry
apreeesh
User Info.
Wait..... So they're going to lose their fanbase NOW b/c of a name change rather than them slowly progressing away from the Tide? If people are still following this band out of a hope that they'll return to "The Tide" sound then I feel bad for their inability to ascertain the multiple times the band has conveyed "We aren't going to sound like that anymore"...... They already lost a chunk of their fans for changing their sound, and I'm sure they've gained many more by following their current path....Who cares.. if you like it...like it.... if you don't go listen to The Tide and enjoy that part of their career.
totally agree. they lost a chunk of their fan base when they released clean head. and i personally like clean head better than the tide. yes, they'll lose some fans, but they'll maybe gain new ones with a different sound.
11:14 AM on 10/26/12
schmohawk
schmucko supremo
User Info.
Nice, now put out some songs.
11:26 AM on 10/26/12
seymourbuttes
I'd do anything for a free t-shirt
User Info.
My entire point was not that they go back to the tide, I happily spin that album, but don't reminisce on it. My point was that they should have changed their name after that album instead of doing it now. I don't care for them to go back to that sound, nor do I want them to, I just think they should have changed their name 5 years ago.
11:31 AM on 10/26/12
hypotc
User Info.
This is so great! I can definitely hear Radiohead all over this though. Not that it bothers me that is!
11:58 AM on 10/26/12
RabidNewz
User Info.
The teaser sounds like Radiohead.
12:17 PM on 10/26/12
bowbzzz
User Info.
My entire point was not that they go back to the tide, I happily spin that album, but don't reminisce on it. My point was that they should have changed their name after that album instead of doing it now. I don't care for them to go back to that sound, nor do I want them to, I just think they should have changed their name 5 years ago.
birtheater was 395489050 times better than the tide. idk why people think the tide is so great.
12:17 PM on 10/26/12
Uncalled Four
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this (See: Decoder aka Lead Hands)
12:27 PM on 10/26/12
RabidNewz
User Info.
birtheater was 395489050 times better than the tide. idk why people think the tide is so great.

This. Exactly this.
12:41 PM on 10/26/12
BloodsuckerPtII
MIZ...ZOU!
User Info.
They made a nice progression from going to a scene band to clean head. This change in sound and members is a good time to switch up the name.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests