Username
Password
The Gaslight Anthem News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Gaslight Anthem
Inside AP.net

Stream The Gaslight Anthem "Hold You Up" EP

Posted by: Jason Tate (10/31/12)
You can stream The Gaslight Anthem's upcoming Black Friday Record Store Day release, Hold You Up, in full, here.

Submitted by SEckwd

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 43.
01:40 PM on 10/31/12
theHECKLER
User Info.
"Stram" it up!
01:43 PM on 10/31/12
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Excellent.
SteveLikesMusic
I'm A Man, Dammit
User Info.
I fuckin' love strams. "Misery" is amazing.
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
I think Misery is the best song the band has ever written
01:44 PM on 10/31/12
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
Listening to the Skinny Love track now... the echo vocal track really seems to hurt it. It makes it sound too much like the original and while it works great for Bon Iver and worked great on We Did It When We Were Young... I think here it just stops the cover from having a life of its own in anyway. The main vocals are spot on though... so more "so close to being something truly great but annoyances get in the way" from Gaslight =(

is the tracking on hold you up messed up? Or is it supposed to randomly jump between ears like that. Cause it seems really random and out of place so I'm hoping its just caused by a bad uipload...
01:49 PM on 10/31/12
Slangster
Knowshon's tears = my spirit animal
User Info.
Holy hell this is great. Misery is fantastic.
01:52 PM on 10/31/12
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
Skinny Love cover should never have been released. Painful.
02:00 PM on 10/31/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
None of these do much for me but I still plan on looking for this on Record Store Day Black Friday.
02:02 PM on 10/31/12
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
I think Misery is the best song the band has ever written
not sure if its me or what the issue is but while the song is great, listening to this song with headphones, but the vocals are to panning from left ear to right ear and popping in on the right ear on some notes. either its on my end or a mixing fail.

the sound is definitely off in the upload of this song, it can't be me.
02:13 PM on 10/31/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
not sure if its me or what the issue is but while the song is great, listening to this song with headphones, but the vocals are to panning from left ear to right ear and popping in on the right ear on some notes. either its on my end or a mixing fail.

the sound is definitely off in the upload of this song, it can't be me.
Just listened to the album on my laptop, with headphones, definitely a problem with the upload I'm assuming, cause I don't hear anything with the vocals panning in my headphones. Or any popping.

Also think it's a great song, but I don't think it's the best song the band has ever written.
02:14 PM on 10/31/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Just listened to the album on my laptop, with headphones, definitely a problem with the upload I'm assuming, cause I don't hear anything with the vocals panning in my headphones. Or any popping.

Also think it's a great song, but I don't think it's the best song the band has ever written.
you're just wrong. your opinion on music is invalid. mine is valid.

happy halloween
02:17 PM on 10/31/12
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
Good songs. Love the Gaslight Anthem. That "Skinny Love" cover is awful though. Just really, really bad.
02:25 PM on 10/31/12
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
User Info.
I don't think the Skinny Love cover is that bad. There's something so untouchable about that Bon Iver album that no cover will come close, but this is a solid attempt and most Gaslight fans should be happy to have it.
02:27 PM on 10/31/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
I don't think the Skinny Love cover is that bad. There's something so untouchable about that Bon Iver album that no cover will come close, but this is a solid attempt and most Gaslight fans should be happy to have it.
This.

No where near "bad" ... it's a cover, takes a new spin on it ... it does what it set out to do.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS