Username
Password
Signing News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Signing
Inside AP.net

Equal Vision Signs Ed Tullett

Posted by: Drew Beringer (11/02/12)
Equal Vision has signed Ed Tullett. You can stream his new EP Trawl over at PureVolume. I highly recommend you check it out today, especially if you're a fan of Bon Iver and the like. The press release can be found in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 12 of 12
11:05 AM on 11/02/12
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
EVR Signs Ed TullettBRIGHTON, UK-BASED SOLO ARTIST
ED TULLETT SIGNS TO EQUAL VISION RECORDS
PREMIERES 'TRAWL' EP EXCLUSIVELY ON PUREVOLUME.COM IN PARTNERSHIP WITH MTV

'NEVER JOY' REMASTERED FULL-LENGTH ALBUM
TO BE RELEASED DECEMBER 4

Ed Tullett, a Brighton, UK-based indie/folk artist, has signed to Equal Vision Records.

"Just to be signed to a label is something I've always wanted to say I've done, but to be signed to one of Equal Vision's stature is incredible," explains Tullett. "I grew up listening to records like 'On Letting Go' (Circa Survive) and 'In Keeping Secrets…' (Coheed), and Dear and the Headlights is one of my favourite bands, not to mention the awesome new bands EVR has signed...to be with such an impressive list of bands is fantastic."

In addition to the signing, the 19-year old singer-songwriter and HYPE Music artist is premiering his new EP Trawl on Purevolume.com. The album will be released digitally in partnership with MTV via HYPE Music (hypemusic.com) on November 6. The four track, self-recorded album offers a raw, stripped-down sound that highlights Tullett's impressive songwriting abilities and reveals the the emotional and sonic depth of each track. HYPE Music is a first-of-its kind hybrid music licensing partnership between MTV and Extreme Music, the production arm of Sony/ATV.

Never Joy, Tullett's debut full-length album, will also now see a worldwide digital release via Equal Vision Records on December 4, 2012. The album, originally self-released on November 4, 2011, has since been remastered by Christopher "Boomer" Brickman of Tallhart. "Twin" - a brand new song - will also be available as an iTunes exclusive track with the release. Preorders for Never Joy are now available HERE.

One track off of Never Joy also appears on a split 7" vinyl with Tallhart (Equal Vision Records/Rory Records) that was released earlier this year. Side A features Tallhart's haunting cover of Peter Gabriel's "I Grieve", and on Side B, Tullett's captivating single "Eventual Body". Filter Magazine premiered the songs this summer. Both tracks can be streamed on FilterMagazine.com. The vinyl pressing is limited to 500 on transparent red, with 300 available through Equal Vision Records' Online Store and 100 available through each band at shows. All vinyl includes a free download card.

Lastly, Tullett was recently announced as a winner in the Bon Iver Stems Project - a contest in which Justin Vernon, the 2012 Grammy Award winner of Best Alternative Music Album and Best New Artist, teamed up with Indaba Music to give musicians a chance to remix a song from Bon Iver's self-titled album. Tullett's winning track "Hinnom, TX - Ed Tullett Remix" can be heard on the Spotify exclusive album Bon Iver, Bon Iver: Stems Project.
11:40 AM on 11/02/12
Thatguy101
Dive in and swim away
User Info.
Been a fan of this young man for years. Love to see his success and this EP is sounding beautiful.
11:40 AM on 11/02/12
quickandsilver
User Info.
Sofa King good..
12:09 PM on 11/02/12
Born_For_This
Registered Member
User Info.
Guy is crazily talented. Discovered him when I got speaking to him via Tumblr. Nice guy too.
12:17 PM on 11/02/12
Sugarfoot
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is crazy good. Totally unexpected. Thanks for sharing and props to Equal Vision for signing him and PureVolume for streaming/premiering this.
02:02 PM on 11/02/12
leftapart
User Info.
Wow, diggin' this a lot!!!! Will definitely pick up the EP and Full length. So awesome they'll both be out before the end of the year.
08:41 PM on 11/02/12
dohare
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
wow, EQ has the most amazing eye for talent. this is so good.

ps: i love when UK singers keep their accent, his has such an addicting sound.
09:13 PM on 11/02/12
CrypticHistory
User Info.
Wow, was totally blown away by the EP and the resemblance his falsetto holds to Bon Iver's. Extremely talented musician here.
09:00 AM on 11/03/12
Kelly Doherty
@_kellydoherty for the lolz
User Info.
Really enjoyed Never Joy. It's pretty awesome to see him signed.
12:59 PM on 11/03/12
The.Grim
User Info.
Nice signing, I love EV.

Wow, was totally blown away by the EP and the resemblance his falsetto holds to Bon Iver's

I like his tenor better...and I feel like he would be doing well to move away from the Bon Iver sound. The beginning of 'Mothers' basically sounds like a B-side from the Bon Iver s/t. I like his sound more when he branches out.
10:56 AM on 11/04/12
low_rising
Registered Member
User Info.
ep is so great, really didnt expect it to sound so good, but damn this was a nice surprise.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests