mka12992
Is this darkness in you too?
User Info.
This is exceptional.
07:20 PM on 11/02/12
ImTheSheriff
///
User Info.
Golbin was God awful. Really hope he turns it around with Wolf.
in no way was it god awful it just needed to be trimmed.

and i don't know how someone can listen to Tron Cat and say Tyler can't rap.
08:03 PM on 11/02/12
luvsickcatalyst
wander eyes, ocean high.
User Info.
Domo is actually doing pretty well for himself. He just did an album with the alchemist (and if you know anything about hip-hop, he's a beast). Also, I think Left Brain will have a good career because his production is just too awesome. Finally, Tyler will be around 10 years from now. He directs videos, raps, produces, he does it all. Yah his rapping isn't the greatest, but he's got enough style and unique production style to make his own records last, not to mention other tracks he does for other artists.

Definitely need to pay a bit more attention to Domo then. Last I remember, his stuff never blew me away. Left Brain is definitely a decent producer, but I was focusing more on the main rappers of the group. And yes, Tyler will likely be around in 10 years. The key word to what I said though was "Earl will be the only one having a legitimate career ten years down the line". Tyler will probably drop Wolf to even more divided reviews, Odd Future will become less shocking and in the media, and Tyler will still mill away with albums trying to reclaim what he sounded like on Bastard and "Yonkers". Yes, his beats are interesting at times, but I find far too many of them sound weak or shoddily made to the point of it being a distraction. And I don't even need to make note of his rapping skill.

As far as becoming big names that can transcend Odd Future and become credible stars in their own right, I think Frank Ocean and Earl are the only ones fully capable. Yes, Mike G, Domo, Left Brain, and occasionally Hodgy show they have talent, but I think they'll forever be associated as another member of Odd Future.
08:22 PM on 11/02/12
ImTheSheriff
///
User Info.
Pretty sure Frank Ocean is bigger than OF at this point.
05:24 AM on 11/03/12
DisenShaanted
User Info.
Syd wasn't kidding back when she said Earl grew up. This is awesome.
12:11 PM on 11/03/12
bowbzzz
User Info.
Definitely need to pay a bit more attention to Domo then. Last I remember, his stuff never blew me away. Left Brain is definitely a decent producer, but I was focusing more on the main rappers of the group. And yes, Tyler will likely be around in 10 years. The key word to what I said though was "Earl will be the only one having a legitimate career ten years down the line". Tyler will probably drop Wolf to even more divided reviews, Odd Future will become less shocking and in the media, and Tyler will still mill away with albums trying to reclaim what he sounded like on Bastard and "Yonkers". Yes, his beats are interesting at times, but I find far too many of them sound weak or shoddily made to the point of it being a distraction. And I don't even need to make note of his rapping skill.

As far as becoming big names that can transcend Odd Future and become credible stars in their own right, I think Frank Ocean and Earl are the only ones fully capable. Yes, Mike G, Domo, Left Brain, and occasionally Hodgy show they have talent, but I think they'll forever be associated as another member of Odd Future.
You might think his production is weak but plenty of rappers love it. That's why his career will be legitimate. He'll always be making beats and doing production. He's the Kanye of horrorcore. And def check out Domo's new stuff! It's still Domo, but it's a 100% progression of his style and flow and it's really good. He has progressed more than anybody in that group by far.

Oh, and I totally forgot Frank Ocean. Spank me for committing such an atrocity. But I agree with you mostly. I personally think Hodgy is kind of trash. Left Brain needs to reach out and do more things with other artists.
12:13 PM on 11/03/12
bowbzzz
User Info.
Golbin was God awful. Really hope he turns it around with Wolf.
What was bad about it? I don't know why people hate on Goblin when it was practically the same thing as Bastard but also throws in the problems with fame. If you hate it for the reason that it was Bastard 2.0, then fine. But it was expected given the amount of time he threw that album together and the hype surrounding him was unbelievable.
12:51 PM on 11/03/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
What was bad about it? I don't know why people hate on Goblin when it was practically the same thing as Bastard but also throws in the problems with fame. If you hate it for the reason that it was Bastard 2.0, then fine. But it was expected given the amount of time he threw that album together and the hype surrounding him was unbelievable.
Nah, I don't think that at all. Bastard was great, Goblin was a disappointment. That's it.

EARL is still the best album our of OF.
09:37 AM on 11/04/12
CastlesXClouds
Relax
User Info.
Nah, I don't think that at all. Bastard was great, Goblin was a disappointment. That's it.

EARL is still the best album our of OF.
have you heard number by mellowhype? i think its close to or even better than EARL
09:33 PM on 11/04/12
runningohfive
I know...
User Info.
I love it.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music