Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 42
07:07 AM on 11/05/12
Spencer Control
So it goes.
User Info.
Aaaaaaand there go my hopes of a good Analog Rebellion album. Well, maybe the rest of the album will sound like that other song he posted and not this.

In other news, this sums up my thoughts on the election perfectly. "The president shall not be the shiniest of two turds!"

07:43 AM on 11/05/12
shwaz499
User Info.
This song is terrible from a music standpoint and from a message standpoint. No one's going to change any Republicans minds by calling them bigots. This kind of rhetoric just makes things worse.
07:52 AM on 11/05/12
Jake Denning
User Info.
This sounds like something the B-52's would write if they still wrote music
07:56 AM on 11/05/12
atticus18244fss
reddit.com/r/blink182
User Info.
If anyone's interested, this guy went on a big "rant" the other day on reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/baseball/com...played/c6uot9l
08:32 AM on 11/05/12
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
Aaaaaaand there go my hopes of a good Analog Rebellion album. Well, maybe the rest of the album will sound like that other song he posted and not this.

I think the album will be solid. The other two tracks he released were really good and if the album continues on that path (and has the song "Father Abraham" on it) then I think we will have a solid record from Dan. Just give it a chance when it comes out

I do like this song but I see why some people wouldn't and I don't even think this will make the album.
09:06 AM on 11/05/12
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
Too bad that dude doesn't post here anymore.

Can you blame him? Homeboy gets totally undeserved shit all the time on here.
09:15 AM on 11/05/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Can you blame him? Homeboy gets totally undeserved shit all the time on here.
No, he gets what his music and respect for his "craft" deserves.
09:36 AM on 11/05/12
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.

Disagree. People for a long time looked over his music to just say banalog rebellion jokes cause they thought it was funny. They guy can play music. Has he reached his potential yet? No. But he's progressing in my opinion and making better music.
09:37 AM on 11/05/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Disagree. People for a long time looked over his music to just say banalog rebellion jokes cause they thought it was funny. They guy can play music. Has he reached his potential yet? No. But he's progressing in my opinion and making better music.
This guy makes half baked music and can't even finish a song.
09:39 AM on 11/05/12
adyinghippo
my gundam is my mentor
User Info.
Sometimes i feel like ol boy gets on here and posts just not as Dan. O.o
09:42 AM on 11/05/12
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
This guy makes half baked music and can't even finish a song.

I would hardly call a song like "Nothing is wrong" half baked and sounded pretty finished to me. Plus he has a great voice that has character as opposed to generic pop punk vocalists. I wasn't a PRP! fan but I can get behind Dan on Analog.
09:43 AM on 11/05/12
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
Sometimes i feel like ol boy gets on here and posts just not as Dan. O.o

He does, totally forgot the name but it was something silly just like how Ben from YMAEWK posts on here.
09:43 AM on 11/05/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
I would hardly call a song like "Nothing is wrong" half baked and sounded pretty finished to me. Plus he has a great voice that has character as opposed to generic pop punk vocalists. I wasn't really a PRP! fan but I can get behind Dan on Analog.
He apparently would. See: Reddit rant.
09:47 AM on 11/05/12
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
He apparently would. See: Reddit rant.

I saw that but it sounded more like he was just high and being hard on himself. I could see him making songs of his worse by trying to make it sound more "fully realized". I guess I dig his spontaneous take on his music?

Like I said, I wasn't a PRP! fan and I'm not even a HUGE AR fan but I dig what he's doing (Father Abraham being my favorite of his lately) and think the record will be good. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
10:38 AM on 11/05/12
blurgergrhfg
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You're hilarious, Jason.

Many artists feel like their art is never finished, and that applies to far more than music (one of my architecture professors still laments an award-winning project he designed that he wasn't completely satisfied with). There are things I would change about every single song I have ever released, from Texas to Full Frontal. But I can't spend eternity re-doing the same 12 songs. The process must end at some point. My favorite albums by other artists have things I dislike about them. I've never heard an album that I consider perfect.

The funny thing is: many times when I feel I have a song that is more "complete" than its demo, people like the demo more.

The imperfections are often the things we love about albums. My albums are obviously imperfect, and always will be. I have no problem saying that.

Go ask one of your favorite artists if they feel like they've ever released a perfect album and see what they say.

This song is unique to the album, I think. It was the last track to make the cut, and––in my opinion––the weakest song on the album (though my drummer loves it and insists we should play it live). It's also the oldest track on the album (initially recorded over 2 years ago, but having since undergone many changes).

By contrast: Learned My Lesson and Nothing is Wrong (not sure which one it is you like more) were both recorded entirely in the last month. Bigot Like You actually shares some chords with Brain ≠ Heart (Ancient Electrons) and Out of Your Mind (Evaders EP) since all 3 were written around the same time (late 2009, I believe).

I'm also releasing a 20+ track b-sides record at the same time as Full Frontal that you could grab a track off of to replace this one, if you feel so inclined! :)

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos