Username
Password
Video News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Video
Inside AP.net

Zachy G Mashes A Lot Like Birds + The Weeknd

Posted by: Jake Denning (11/05/12)
Head to the replies to check out Zachary Garren (Strawberry Girls)'s mashup of A Lot Like Bird's "A Blowtorch Is Applied To The Sugar" and The Weeknd's "Wicked Games".

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 33
08:26 PM on 11/05/12
Jake Denning
User Info.
08:28 PM on 11/05/12
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
why would you ever.
fuck this guy.
and I even enjoy ALLB somewhat.
08:33 PM on 11/05/12
ChaseTx
I like most of Zac's stuff, but this one doesn't click for me
08:42 PM on 11/05/12
leftapart
User Info.
I'm usually a fan of your work Zaq, but this was crap. The song was just bland and blah and didn't really go anywhere; almost seems like you were trying to create some sort of ballad haha. Stick to your upbeat remixes.
09:09 PM on 11/05/12
iamlogan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I really enjoyed it. Zac, DO YO THANG GURLLLL.
09:42 PM on 11/05/12
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
i was going to listen to this, but my head exploded first.
09:47 PM on 11/05/12
zachary
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
just so you guys understand how this came about.... i was getting ready to do an original remix of the ALLB song so i was jamming different ideas under the vocal track by itself. one of the chord progressions i did was the same as The Weeknd's song "Wicked Games" so i decided that instead of just ripping that off, id try a mashup. the two songs were the same key but different tempos. because of this, i had to slow down the ALLB vocal track (i tried speeding up The Weeknd's track but it sounded a lot worse than slowing down the ALLB vocals instead). when i first got the idea, i wasnt sure how itd pan out, but i tweeted that i was thinking about doing a mashup of the two. i was thinking about just giving up on it at first, but a few people said they really wanted to hear it so i did the best i could with it. i think it turned out pretty cool. give it a few listens. if you dont like it, dont listen, its all good :) this is just for people who enjoy it, and you dont have to, dont trip
09:51 PM on 11/05/12
zachary
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm usually a fan of your work Zaq, but this was crap. The song was just bland and blah and didn't really go anywhere; almost seems like you were trying to create some sort of ballad haha. Stick to your upbeat remixes.
did you hear the ending? i think the guitar at the end turned out really cool. and i like hearing kurt over that beat. its a cool beat
10:09 PM on 11/05/12
Helen Keller.
Moustache Cash Stash
User Info.
just so you guys understand how this came about.... i was getting ready to do an original remix of the ALLB song so i was jamming different ideas under the vocal track by itself. one of the chord progressions i did was the same as The Weeknd's song "Wicked Games" so i decided that instead of just ripping that off, id try a mashup. the two songs were the same key but different tempos. because of this, i had to slow down the ALLB vocal track (i tried speeding up The Weeknd's track but it sounded a lot worse than slowing down the ALLB vocals instead). when i first got the idea, i wasnt sure how itd pan out, but i tweeted that i was thinking about doing a mashup of the two. i was thinking about just giving up on it at first, but a few people said they really wanted to hear it so i did the best i could with it. i think it turned out pretty cool. give it a few listens. if you dont like it, dont listen, its all good :) this is just for people who enjoy it, and you dont have to, dont trip
Do you know of any good links for an acapella of Wicked Games? Google is currently failing me.
10:20 PM on 11/05/12
markymarkmac
User Info.
I diggggg. The Weeknd has a lot of talent and this my favorite song by him.
10:43 PM on 11/05/12
zachary
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Do you know of any good links for an acapella of Wicked Games? Google is currently failing me.
nah, i dont know if you listened to mine, but i just used the original weeknd song + a lot like birds acapella, so i didnt use an acapella by the weeknd. i doubt there are any out there that are very good quality, because homemade acapellas are generally kinda weak.
11:01 PM on 11/05/12
nowFace
We paved the roads.
User Info.
I like it....but I can honestly say I have never listened to The Weekend before this. Haters gonna hate.
11:06 PM on 11/05/12
dancelukedance
My body is a bomb
User Info.
Fucking awesome, really enjoyed it. Nice ZG!
11:24 PM on 11/05/12
leftapart
User Info.
did you hear the ending? i think the guitar at the end turned out really cool. and i like hearing kurt over that beat. its a cool beat
After giving it another listen, I actually really like it!! I guess I just didn't get it at first. When's DGD gonna take you and Strawberry girls out on tour?!? Anyways, see you the 18th!! :slutkiss:
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests