Username
Password

Comments: Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 77
07:25 PM on 11/06/12
harley7733
Reluctant Registered User
User Info.
The AP Staff is super wrong about this one. This is just an album of no frills rock and roll, the band seems to be actually having a blast. It's the most fun Green Day record since Kerplunk and a worthy sequel to the Foxboro Hot Tubs album. Vocally, this is the best Billie has ever sounded. This isnt the type of record to over analyze, crack open a 40, spark a joint, and dance with your friends.
07:25 PM on 11/06/12
zporter92
User Info.
Lol what a fucking tool. "I'm pretty good at what I do." Who the fuck says that.

Edit: I'm waiting until I get the cd to listen to it, but that comment just really pissed me off.
07:30 PM on 11/06/12
jjnunn118
Starship Renegade
User Info.
Yeah awful
07:30 PM on 11/06/12
thecobrakais
the way of the fist.
User Info.
i seriously can't believe the praise these shit albums are getting. i absolutely love green day, but these albums are not good. period.
07:36 PM on 11/06/12
tdlyon
Set phasers to love me
User Info.
The AP Staff is super wrong about this one. This is just an album of no frills rock and roll, the band seems to be actually having a blast. It's the most fun Green Day record since Kerplunk and a worthy sequel to the Foxboro Hot Tubs album. Vocally, this is the best Billie has ever sounded. This isnt the type of record to over analyze, crack open a 40, spark a joint, and dance with your friends.
I like you.
07:47 PM on 11/06/12
JonnyJonnyJonny
Jonny - TMTMM/Flavorsaurus
User Info.
Honestly a contender for worst album of the year.
That is definitely quite a stretch. Lazy Bones and Stray Heart are both solid songs.
08:47 PM on 11/06/12
VictoriaS
User Info.
Well this just sweeped away any shred of hope that green day may one day be considered punk again
09:00 PM on 11/06/12
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
Well this just sweeped away any shred of hope that green day may one day be considered punk again
Are you replying to the news of Dos being leaked, or that of their move to a major label for Dookie in 1994? Because that swept away any shred of hope Green Day may one day be considered punk again.
09:09 PM on 11/06/12
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
Yes. It being my job and all.
I agree with much of what you say on the boards and we'll just have to agree to disagree on this album -- I don't think it's fantastic but it's got plenty of tracks worth returning to. I'm sure this album will sell just fine without your approval, but I'd hope you would give an album by a smaller band more of a chance before publically bashing it.
12:17 AM on 11/07/12
zacharydudeman
Zach Dresch
User Info.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and saying that, I do feel like there is a hardcore negative bias towards Green Day on this site. I accepted a long time ago that Green Day would never release another Dookie or Kerplunk! or even Insomniac again, because they are a band that does what they want. If they want to make a fun pop-punk record, they will. If they want to make an epic conceptual rock album, they will. More importantly, if they want to make a trilogy of albums of varied genres, they will. Cuz they're fucking Green Day. Green Day can't just go back to sounding like snarly punks in their early '20s again because they are well past that in their career. This band gets so much shit, and I've never understood that. They always go above and beyond, and I respect them for that. I want to be as charismatic and energetic of a frontman as Billie Joe is someday, and they will always be one of my favorites. So I understand your opinions, but don't treat them as fact. That's just a douche move.
01:34 AM on 11/07/12
ExtremeAvalanch
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Honestly a contender for worst album of the year.
Stupid. Not liking it is one thing, but when you call it the worst album of year, that's just inane. It's worse than Chris Brown? Or Kreyshawn? Or the Ting Tings? Sad.
01:37 AM on 11/07/12
ExtremeAvalanch
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Pretty damn good at judging albums based on one listen? Congrats, I guess.
I'm honestly shocked by Jason's confidence in his own ineptitude sometimes.
03:16 AM on 11/07/12
hectorial85
Saved The Day
User Info.
To each their own. I like some of the songs on these albums but to be honest they're just making me listen to Insomniac over and over again. Maybe I'll rediscover these LPs down the track too? I love the guitar tones, bass lines and some of the drumming but nothing really feels fresh.

Jason's comments in this thread have surprised me too.
07:15 AM on 11/07/12
SpacemanLacey
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It's that bad. I don't need more than one listen on this kind of music ... after some 15 years of this, I am pretty damn good at what I do.

Pretty damn good at hating on Green Day that is, correct?
07:41 AM on 11/07/12
VictoriaS
User Info.
Are you replying to the news of Dos being leaked, or that of their move to a major label for Dookie in 1994? Because that swept away any shred of hope Green Day may one day be considered punk again.

The second one yes but this entire year for green day has done nothing to help convince me otherwise

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos