Username
Password
Property of Zack News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Property of Zack
Inside AP.net

POZ Presents: Interview with The Maine

Posted by: Drew Beringer (11/07/12)
You can check out PropertyOfZack's interview with The Maine here.
From The InterviewNo Warner. The ideal position is to pay for the recording ourselves, have an album done, and see what happens from there. Whether that means signing a one record deal with somebody or trying our hand again independently. We’d also like to create worldwide distribution. We hadn’t had the means in the past. We recently teamed up with a record company from Italy that combined Pioneer and The Good Love together. We finally had physicals a year later. We’re interested in seeing our options. We don’t know who’s going to produce it yet, but we want to be in the hands of constructive criticism.

Displaying posts 1 - 10 of 10
09:34 AM on 11/07/12
LivingTheLyrics
What you feel will rarely rhyme.
User Info.
As someone who hated everything this band did prior to Pioneer, that record was severely overlooked. Really hoping they keep it up.
11:25 AM on 11/07/12
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
As someone who hated everything this band did prior to Pioneer, that record was severely overlooked. Really hoping they keep it up.

Completely agree. It's one of my favorite albums of the year and I hated the bands previous material (minus two songs off Black & White). I can't really get into good love either but Pioneer is phenomenal.
11:33 AM on 11/07/12
providence36
generator ^ first floor
User Info.
good for them, these guys deserve success, they really stepped it up on Pioneer
01:31 PM on 11/07/12
kskillzz
User Info.
Are they still under contract with warner? I heard they still had 3 albums left on their contract. I wonder if that could create some issues in the future.
01:57 PM on 11/07/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Completely agree. It's one of my favorite albums of the year and I hated the bands previous material (minus two songs off Black & White). I can't really get into good love either but Pioneer is phenomenal.
I am glad this band keeps pushing themselves. They really stand out and show they don't wanna make neon pop anymore. Pioneer was fantastic. I can't wait to hear the future of this band. I am glad they want criticism and only to improve. Their first album was terrible and B&W was nothing but catchy but had very little substance. I will say though B&W was good for the band though as it was a step in the right direction and they got there with Pioneer. I have a good feeling for their next album. It is done through a kickstarter I would back that in a sec.
03:11 PM on 11/07/12
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
I am glad this band keeps pushing themselves. They really stand out and show they don't wanna make neon pop anymore. Pioneer was fantastic. I can't wait to hear the future of this band. I am glad they want criticism and only to improve. Their first album was terrible and B&W was nothing but catchy but had very little substance. I will say though B&W was good for the band though as it was a step in the right direction and they got there with Pioneer. I have a good feeling for their next album. It is done through a kickstarter I would back that in a sec.

I would definitely back a kickstarter of theirs! As long as they stick with the overall sound of Pioneer, count me in!
11:14 PM on 11/07/12
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
User Info.
Dude, their cover on PGP 5 is great
11:17 AM on 11/08/12
ruptured
User Info.

backed. pioneer was fantastic and i agree that it was overlooked. it's awesome to see a band with their previous sound push themselves to do things a little differently and switch things up so i'm stoked to see where they go next.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests