Username
Password
Rise Records News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 90.
05:37 PM on 11/07/12
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
Nu metal, but hardly representative of the Deftones' discog.....
Read my post. Deftones (White Pony days). Also Wikipedia classifies them as nu-metal:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nu_metal_bands
05:37 PM on 11/07/12
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.
Nu metal, but hardly representative of the Deftones' discog.....
Yep. Also, your username makes me so nostalgic and happy.
05:39 PM on 11/07/12
jenovaproject
User Info.
bet all the idiots that posted "issues are better" comments on Woe, Is Me's facebook feel so stupid now & are hopefully crying
05:40 PM on 11/07/12
PunkInfluence09
In it for the lulz
User Info.
So much potential.

So much WASTED potential.

What a snoozfest. Expected much more than this from Issues.
05:42 PM on 11/07/12
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
this isn't anything mindblowing, but it's entertaining. i wasn't expecting anything more than that description, so i'm okay with it.

and unless hance sings significantly more on the rest of the woe, is me album than he does in the songs already released, i think i will enjoy this more.
05:44 PM on 11/07/12
xburningcoffin
User Info.
Funny you pick an altered remix that wasnt even on the original white pony release, they added it later. If anyone categorized white pony by one song they would be sadly misrepresenting that album, not a single song on there sounds quite like this edit of pink maggit...even picking one or two songs to categorize deftones is a travesty

Taken from wikipedia, chino's thoughts on back to school:

The band also regrets specifically "Back to School's" presence on the re-release of the album, as Moreno stated in an interview with German rock magazine Visions: "'Back to School' was a mistake.
05:46 PM on 11/07/12
xburningcoffin
User Info.
Read my post. Deftones (White Pony days). Also Wikipedia classifies them as nu-metal:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nu_metal_bands
Wikipedia isn't all facts. Didn't know Incubus was nu metal...hahah
05:54 PM on 11/07/12
RabidNewz
User Info.
My God. That intro is so. . . awful. Why did anyone involved think that was a good idea?
05:56 PM on 11/07/12
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
The intro was terrible. Everything other than King of Amarillo was super boring. What gives? I actually expected more from this.
06:05 PM on 11/07/12
blackmold
Bro
User Info.
I really think they should've just released "king of amarillo" as a single then stayed in the studio a while longer working on their music before throwing together an album real quick to make the kids happy. This project should've been a lot better.
06:05 PM on 11/07/12
mbarney82
User Info.
what.the.fuck. seriously. i typically dont like hating on bands, especially on ap. but god damn. i couldnt even get through 1 minute of either of the first two tracks. i know some people like melody over lyrics, but they fall short on both.
06:13 PM on 11/07/12
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
Wikipedia isn't all facts. Didn't know Incubus was nu metal...hahah
Incubus has a little nu-metal vibe to a few songs. Wouldn't call them a nu-metal band though lol.
06:16 PM on 11/07/12
xburningcoffin
User Info.
Incubus has a little nu-metal vibe to a few songs. Wouldn't call them a nu-metal band though lol.
issues is nu metal, it is funny cuz nu metal was dead in the nineties and they r trying to revive something that should stay dead
06:20 PM on 11/07/12
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
issues is nu metal, it is funny cuz nu metal was dead in the nineties and they r trying to revive something that should stay dead
I only listened to that song on the first page. Is the rest of the album better or worse than that song?
06:35 PM on 11/07/12
blackmold
Bro
User Info.
Should have this reviewed by release date next week, along with Woe (if Rise ever sends it to me...)

Also, this song is a jam.

What song is this? It doesn't show up on mobile.

Edit: Nevermind. I see it. And I actually hated that song. Thought it was really boring. Maybe it could've been better if the background instrumentation wasn't all chugging.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests