Username
Password
Tour Dates News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 37 of 37.
07:40 PM on 11/07/12
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
For both having significant others, those two always seem so close...
I've never had a conversation about the band without this coming up
It really is crazy how they met and have managed to do this.

It almost sounds like they're breaking up... then they mention new music... I don't know what to think.
Well.. the *hope* for new music could be just as faint as the hope for reconciliation :\

maybe discord between them and management?
I think someone alreayd mentioned that their manager is Joy's husband, but regardless, it definitely sounds like "internal" is in reference to the two fo them.

If I had to render a guess, and its a total guess, is that maybe John Paul wants to continue touring a ton and recording new music, basically striking while the iron is hot because they're pretty popular these days. Joy just had a kid and maybe she wants to take time off/slow down with touring.
This is my best guess too. "Issues of ambition" can only mean so many things.
12:34 AM on 11/08/12
Live2Play
Music Is My Religion
User Info.
I know I'll probably get crap for saying this, but why start a family right when you're starting a successful music career? Touring is the biggest part of this career you've chosen and now you can't be away from a new child (if that's the case?). If they do break up, I really feel let down as a fan. Seems like groups never last very long anymore because they aren't in it for the long haul. We may only get one album from them. Dissapointing.
06:20 AM on 11/08/12
Epilogueboy
User Info.
09:15 AM on 11/09/12
Rock
THROW IT DOWN, BIG MAN!
User Info.
If I had to render a guess, and its a total guess, is that maybe John Paul wants to continue touring a ton and recording new music, basically striking while the iron is hot because they're pretty popular these days. Joy just had a kid and maybe she wants to take time off/slow down with touring.
You have more personal knowledge of the band than I do, but after reading into that statement, I came to the same conclusion. One of the two doesn't want to go on lengthy tours and have that lifestyle while the other does. I think they both want to continue making music - they just may not tour much.
03:19 PM on 11/09/12
Nate Bennett
facebook.com/VinedresserBand
User Info.
I know I'll probably get crap for saying this, but why start a family right when you're starting a successful music career? Touring is the biggest part of this career you've chosen and now you can't be away from a new child (if that's the case?). If they do break up, I really feel let down as a fan. Seems like groups never last very long anymore because they aren't in it for the long haul. We may only get one album from them. Dissapointing.

That's a pretty selfish mindset for the fans to have, though. Even though music is her career, it's not 100% of her life. If her and her husband wanted to start a family, good for them. Hopefully the music continues to work around that, but I don't think we can blame anybody for wanting to have a kid...
10:16 PM on 11/09/12
Live2Play
Music Is My Religion
User Info.
That's a pretty selfish mindset for the fans to have, though. Even though music is her career, it's not 100% of her life. If her and her husband wanted to start a family, good for them. Hopefully the music continues to work around that, but I don't think we can blame anybody for wanting to have a kid...

I'm not gonna disagree with what you're saying, but I know that Joy was a struggling artist not making it until they got together to form this duo. I also believe that her husband is their manager. John Paul White has a family and kids and he seems to find a way to make it work? Just seems strange that they would finally find success and then plan to have kids now. I wonder if it really was "planned"? It just looks like Joy and her husband couldn't have had worse timing. Almost like they sabotaged their own success. Yeah, I'm being a little selfish, but it's so frustrating when so many bands/artists you discover and enjoy are gone right away. There are so many bands over the years that I think could have been huge that only put out one album because of some turmoil that caused them to break up right away. A band is like a marriage, but they never want compromise or work things out and throw in the towel so quickly. I know there is more to life than a career, but maybe in my little mind, I want to think they consider their fans who support them before giving up so easily. I dont' know?
06:41 AM on 11/10/12
thechetearly
thechetearly
User Info.
John Paul finally tried to put the moves on Joy and totally failed.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests