AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Rise Records News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 90.
06:36 PM on 11/07/12
xburningcoffin
User Info.
I only listened to that song on the first page. Is the rest of the album better or worse than that song?
Worse..seems like there are two vibes going on, both being really horrible...if you like bizkit, this might be for you hahah
07:10 PM on 11/07/12
signal to noise
User Info.
this music just screams "we made a slightly different version of whatever Rise put out last year in hopes that loose 16 yr old girls come to our shows."

also, to the dudes bitching for an entire 2 pages about who is or isnt nu metal, Deftones are nu metal, it doesn't mean they suck, but they are, now SHUT UP.
07:11 PM on 11/07/12
pepster50
User Info.
i was really enjoying it until the last 2 songs.. they were boring.

overall I'm very picky when it comes to this generic metalcore shit, but atleast this band has an authentic sound. I like it.
07:33 PM on 11/07/12
luqmanhakim
Registered Member
User Info.
So much potential.

So much WASTED potential.

What a snoozfest. Expected much more than this from Issues.

This. I'm really disappointed by this save for the two 'singles' they released.
07:37 PM on 11/07/12
BringdowN
They're Only Chasing Safety
User Info.
Eh I enjoyed it a lot actually, I thought they did a good job of fusing the heavy bridges and clean choruses with the R&B aspect but what do I know.. Haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate I guess.
07:41 PM on 11/07/12
blackmold
Bro
User Info.
i was really enjoying it until the last 2 songs.. they were boring.

overall I'm very picky when it comes to this generic metalcore shit, but atleast this band has an authentic sound. I like it.

What does this even mean?
07:46 PM on 11/07/12
saywhatever
User Info.
It's upsetting to me that bands like this exist, and kids eat this shit up. Tyler Carter is a waste of a semi-decent voice.
08:05 PM on 11/07/12
blackmold
Bro
User Info.
It's upsetting to me that bands like this exist, and kids eat this shit up. Tyler Carter is a waste of a semi-decent voice.

If it really upsets you that bands like this exist (what does this even mean?), then you need to chill out. Because that's just sad.
08:27 PM on 11/07/12
knoxvillee
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Like some people already said, the intro is fucking horrible. The rest is quite good. Two or three really good ones rest is meh.
08:28 PM on 11/07/12
BringdowN
They're Only Chasing Safety
User Info.
Music is all about opinion, you can never truly say something is bad, you just don't enjoy it the way someone else might. By all means keep posting about things you don't like, I heard it gets you far.
09:48 PM on 11/07/12
InfiniteArms
Foreign everywhere I've been
User Info.

This song is listenable, but the EP as a whole is kind of terrible
10:13 PM on 11/07/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Korn, LP, Bizkit, Deftones (White Pony days), Adema, POD are all nu-metal bands. Any band that has a little rapping, some screaming/yelling, a few samples or turntables and just a basic power chord guitar riff are considered nu-metal.

Adema's self titled is to this day one of my all time favorites. Still has a very unique sound. I started a nü-metal thread awhile back. Other great ones; Sw1tched, Ill Niño, and 40 below summer.
10:29 PM on 11/07/12
Paris1nFlames
User Info.
Alright just finished listening... First off, I wanna start off by saying that I don't even listen to this type of music anymore. I've been a fan of screamo on and off since I got into the (let's call it) "scene" 13 years ago... screamo hasn't been an interest of mine for quite a few years now. I checked out Issues initially because of all the drama surrounding them... I can completely understand all the people who are still into this kind of music saying stuff like it doesn't live up to the hype or that it's wasted talent (love, sex, riot does sound like a nu metal song)... but to a (at this point) outsider to the genre, I thoroughly enjoy this EP. It mixes different influences (good enough) that it actually keeps me entertained in a genre that I normally think is currently stale.
10:34 PM on 11/07/12
theintention
It's like Meow-Schwitz in here.
User Info.
Why did a dubstep song need to be on this EP? Terrible one at that.
11:00 PM on 11/07/12
StepsInADance
taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com
User Info.
Music is all about opinion, you can never truly say something is bad, you just don't enjoy it the way someone else might. By all means keep posting about things you don't like, I heard it gets you far.

I can truly say this is bad. I can truly say if you like this you have bad taste.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests