Username
Password
Rise Records News - Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 75 of 90.
11:05 PM on 11/07/12
xsinkshipsx
@alexmacwilliam
User Info.
holy fucking shit. That was some of the worst lyrics I've ever heard.
11:30 PM on 11/07/12
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
User Info.
I fucks wit Princeton Ave

furthermore, Chronic Future and Zebrahead were the best Nu Metal Bands to Grace the Genre
12:08 AM on 11/08/12
Helen Keller.
Moustache Cash Stash
User Info.
Both Woe and Issues suck. If I had to choose between the two, I'd choose Issues, but I'd ask for a knife so I could stab myself in the ears shortly afterwards.
12:14 AM on 11/08/12
FallOutWeeze
User Info.
Lyrics aside, new Woe, Is Me songs are way more catchier and flows better in-between the singing/screaming.
12:49 AM on 11/08/12
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
I'm disappointed. King Of Amarillo is probably the best song on the EP, the other tunes are enjoyable but a bit boring. The intro is terrible.
12:52 AM on 11/08/12
JuneJuly
Allez l'OL
User Info.
The song without Michael is my favorite. He's lost something since they recorded Number[s].
02:13 AM on 11/08/12
Djentleman
User Info.
Deftones = alternative metal

guess these clowns couldn't live up to all that hype
good thing they're out of W,IM so W,IM can continue to be stronger & better
02:51 AM on 11/08/12
prettyoungraves
frank/prettyoungraves
User Info.
i remember reading an interview where Chino stated that BACK TO SCHOOL (MINI MAGGIT) was not initially on the album and that to cater to the recent explosion of nu-metal popularity,their label had them go back into the studio and add this song to White Pony,according to the current nu-metal style. They were largely against it,but folded regardless. Although i still to this day love this song,it is not representative of their style at all. i would look up the interview,but im too lazy right now lol
05:19 AM on 11/08/12
blackmold
Bro
User Info.
Alright just finished listening... First off, I wanna start off by saying that I don't even listen to this type of music anymore. I've been a fan of screamo on and off since I got into the (let's call it) "scene" 13 years ago... screamo hasn't been an interest of mine for quite a few years now. I checked out Issues initially because of all the drama surrounding them... I can completely understand all the people who are still into this kind of music saying stuff like it doesn't live up to the hype or that it's wasted talent (love, sex, riot does sound like a nu metal song)... but to a (at this point) outsider to the genre, I thoroughly enjoy this EP. It mixes different influences (good enough) that it actually keeps me entertained in a genre that I normally think is currently stale.

Your opinion is invalid since you refer to this type of music as screamo.
05:40 AM on 11/08/12
Paris1nFlames
User Info.
Your opinion is invalid since you refer to this type of music as screamo.

I know exactly what screamo was originally, and that this type of music has falsely took over the name due to ignorance... I was simply referring to it that way because that's how the kids on this site talk... shut the fuck up and don't critrque me on what lamens terms I decide on using
07:39 AM on 11/08/12
ScorchOurBodies
Dead Inside
User Info.
I know exactly what screamo was originally, and that this type of music has falsely took over the name due to ignorance... I was simply referring to it that way because that's how the kids on this site talk... shut the fuck up and don't critrque me on what lamens terms I decide on using
Although I see where you're coming from, nobody really says screamo anymore. :\
08:10 AM on 11/08/12
donwagenblast
@mylifeisdon
User Info.
I feel like they're really trying to fuel this beef between Woe, Is Me and Issues for publicity.
08:15 AM on 11/08/12
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Yes they do, being that Screamo is an actual genre of music.
08:17 AM on 11/08/12
Paris1nFlames
User Info.

Yeah I guess not, but I really don't care enough about this genre to take the time to figure out what to correctly call it... I only get picky about labels when it comes to music I care more about.
08:22 AM on 11/08/12
JPA917
@JPA05
User Info.
While I didn't expect a whole, whole lot from this EP, but the lyrics are absolutely cringe-worthy. Also, I could just see them in the studio thinking they were redefining music while all listening to that whack ass intro.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests