Streaming News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 28 of 28.
01:23 PM on 11/07/12
carlywedding
I need more lemon pledge
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I really want to like this band. Maybe they'll grow on me

Yeah I didn't care for them at first but their one EP really grew on me. I love Anchor Down and Floorboards. Home For Fall is nice as well.
01:35 PM on 11/07/12
Soupy
User Info.
Band has a big future.
04:58 PM on 11/07/12
ViTOP
http://twitter.com/VitoPagano
User Info.
If I wanted to listen to the Wonder Years, I'll listen to the Wonder Years?

EDIT: I do enjoy the songs, they just sound really, really derivative of what's already been accomplished by other bands the past several years. I just wish they'd create their own niche. Really think they have the potential to do something bigger and better.

I'm a big TWY fan and I have heard this comparison more than few times, but I really don't hear it. I love this band but for some reason TWY doesn't come to mind when I listen.

In any event, I guess being compared to TWY isn't a bad thing. I will say these are super solid dudes that have their game together and know what they are doing. <3
09:38 PM on 11/07/12
xBranx
Brandon Pagano / Handguns
User Info.
This band is going to be huge. Can't wait until they do a full length.
05:47 AM on 11/08/12
mikenewsbears
Bad News Bears / Mike
User Info.
Band has a big future.

Dude, I literally thought this was you doing a guest vocal.
07:05 AM on 11/08/12
baton
ftfmusic.net
User Info.
I heard some acoustic tunes of theirs, and now this - I agree this is solid and hell yeah it sounds a lot like the wonder years, but is it a bad thing? It's kind of better than most other new ideas of playing punk rock, I wouldn't mind more bands like this... It's better to sound like 1, 2 or 3 good pop punk bands, than just like 100, or 300 sugar formations ; )
10:39 AM on 11/08/12
seanr91
User Info.
This band is going to go places. I don't get people complaining about their sound thought. They are a pop punk band playing pop punk. Easy as that. They even said they aren't trying to reinvent the wheel and just want to play honest music.
02:28 PM on 11/08/12
evilandgood
User Info.
I'm a big TWY fan and I have heard this comparison more than few times, but I really don't hear it. I love this band but for some reason TWY doesn't come to mind when I listen.

In any event, I guess being compared to TWY isn't a bad thing. I will say these are super solid dudes that have their game together and know what they are doing. <3
Oh absolutely! The TWY comparison is definitely one made out of love haha
But it does make me wonder when looking down the beaten path should will make one take another route.
04:51 PM on 11/08/12
ViTOP
User Info.
Oh absolutely! The TWY comparison is definitely one made out of love haha
But it does make me wonder when looking down the beaten path should will make one take another route.

I feel not every band needs to reinvent the genre right away. I feel as bands grow older they will progress on their own timetable. Eventually bands take that turn as they get older and life brings new experiences.

My son is in a pop punk band and being only 18 years old has a lot of learning ahead of him but one thing is certain, for now he writes music that he likes to play and hopes somebody else likes it as well.

You can tell when seeing Real Friends, they write the music they love to play. In time the great bands progress and keep things fresh for their fans.

I expect them to do just that and the kids to keep coming. I will admit when we saw them twice in NY a few months back, I was shocked at the amount of kids that not only showed up but sang every word like this band was a household name.

It was awesome to see (what I thought) a relative newcomer get such a response. The whole time I was saying to myself...

"Who the fuck do these guys think they are?"
Good for them! Carry on.

here was that video from a few months back.
02:15 PM on 11/09/12
PostSeasonShawn
User Info.
The new real friends songs sound great!
Be sure to check out my band Post Season.

Facebook.com/postseasonpa
12:34 AM on 11/12/12
evilandgood
User Info.
I feel not every band needs to reinvent the genre right away. I feel as bands grow older they will progress on their own timetable. Eventually bands take that turn as they get older and life brings new experiences.

My son is in a pop punk band and being only 18 years old has a lot of learning ahead of him but one thing is certain, for now he writes music that he likes to play and hopes somebody else likes it as well.

You can tell when seeing Real Friends, they write the music they love to play. In time the great bands progress and keep things fresh for their fans.

I expect them to do just that and the kids to keep coming. I will admit when we saw them twice in NY a few months back, I was shocked at the amount of kids that not only showed up but sang every word like this band was a household name.

It was awesome to see (what I thought) a relative newcomer get such a response. The whole time I was saying to myself...

"Who the fuck do these guys think they are?"
Good for them! Carry on.

here was that video from a few months back.
I can get behind this sentiment! I can definitely admit that I personally may just be in a different space musically at this moment so the jams may not hit me as hard as they would've several months ago. So I guess my judgement of the jams may be a bit skewed against them, but that doesn't mean they didn't put out fantastic songs. My perception is just in a different space. I hope that's okay haha.

That's the beauty of music though, and of art in general: there's no real, objective answer.
05:29 AM on 11/12/12
ViTOP
User Info.
I can get behind this sentiment! I can definitely admit that I personally may just be in a different space musically at this moment so the jams may not hit me as hard as they would've several months ago. So I guess my judgement of the jams may be a bit skewed against them, but that doesn't mean they didn't put out fantastic songs. My perception is just in a different space. I hope that's okay haha.

That's the beauty of music though, and of art in general: there's no real, objective answer.

Absolutely Correct !! There is no right or wrong.
People always argue when I say TSSF is just Ok with me. They're like OMG are you nuts you have no idea what your talking about.
I get it..... kids go crazy for that shit but its just not for me, I never said it was bad yet they hear what they want.

Whatever floats the boat, its all good.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums