Username
Password

02:34 PM on 10/28/12 
User Info.
airik625
-
Chattanooga, TN
Male - 25 Years Old
Really interested in this film. Haven't read the book, but I hear great things.
05:20 PM on 10/28/12 
User Info.
Chemical Love
-
Boston
Male - 29 Years Old
Did poorly at the box office, about $9.5 million.
05:33 PM on 10/28/12 
User Info.
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
Twin Cities, MN
Male - 25 Years Old
Pretty much everything did poorly this weekend. Hopefully it picks up pace.
08:10 PM on 10/28/12 
User Info.
theagentcoma
Post Grad Vagabond
Seattle
Male - 26 Years Old
I don't expect it to do well. It will go well over the heads of many casual movie goers. People typically don't have the attention span for this type of film. Which is sad, because it is beautiful.
06:28 AM on 10/29/12 
User Info.
chcougar1
Seattle, WA
Male - 31 Years Old
I don't expect it to do well. It will go well over the heads of many casual movie goers. People typically don't have the attention span for this type of film. Which is sad, because it is beautiful.

This. The first hour felt long but after that it was great.
05:37 PM on 11/01/12 
User Info.
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
Twin Cities, MN
Male - 25 Years Old
Thought this was wonderful. It's easy to find criticisms, just based on how big the story was. But all things considered, I can't believe they pulled everything off so well. I recommend it.
08:27 PM on 11/02/12 
User Info.
stayillogical
She's a marshmallow
Providence, RI
Female - 25 Years Old
I love Robert Frobisher so much. After watching the movie, pretty sure Letters from Z is still my favorite.
12:48 AM on 11/03/12 
User Info.
theagentcoma
Post Grad Vagabond
Seattle
Male - 26 Years Old
I love Robert Frobisher so much. After watching the movie, pretty sure Letters from Z is still my favorite.

Agreed, Ben Whishaw was outstanding. Sad they cut out Vyvyan's daughter but it still worked out.

I think they nailed Timothy Cavendish's story the most.

Sonmi's was obviously the most fabricated but it was still exciting.
08:20 AM on 11/03/12 
User Info.
stayillogical
She's a marshmallow
Providence, RI
Female - 25 Years Old
Agreed, Ben Whishaw was outstanding. Sad they cut out Vyvyan's daughter but it still worked out.

I think they nailed Timothy Cavendish's story the most.

Sonmi's was obviously the most fabricated but it was still exciting.

Yeah, that story was perfect. Mr. Meeks was hysterical. And Jim Broadbent was fantastic.

I cried at the end as soon as Robert got in the tub. Then just sobbed when Sixsmith walked in.
09:05 AM on 11/03/12 
User Info.
TJ Wells
i'll see you at the movies.
Portland, OR
Male - 27 Years Old
Slate's Audio Book Club on Cloud Atlas

Their political, cultural, and sports podcasts are all great, so this should be as well.
08:48 AM on 11/05/12 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
Saw this Saturday night - The 8:00pm show was sold out so we actually had to go to the theater down the street and see it at 8:30 where the theater was 3/4 full

It was an very interesting movie. It had lots of cool stuff, but it was all over the place if you ask me.

I didn't hate it, didn't love it. I'd probably watch it again, but on DVD... It's a long movie but it wasn't boring. I was entertained the entire time, but the movie had too many things going on, and honestly I'm not sure I followed everything.

I got the general idea of the film, I wouldn't say I was lost or confused, but there were questions I had when it ended, and I don't know if things would be clearer upon a second viewing or not...

I haven't read the book, and don't plan to, so I don't know how that factors into my thoughts on the film, but...
12:30 AM on 11/11/12 
User Info.
OurLadyCoolbean
False. Black bears.
Seattle, WA
Male - 20 Years Old
Finally saw this today and I can't really say I have an opinion on it as far as "liking" it goes. I was certainly moved by it, I'm just not sure in what way. It's difficult to describe.

It was certainly awesome to see how stories and characters connected as the movie unfolded. The biggest question I have, and feel free to explain this to me, is what connection did the Cavendish storyline have to the stories that come after it chronologically?

Also it was pretty hard to understand what they were saying in the story after "The Fall", hopefully it will become clearer on a 2nd view.

Overall, a fantastic, beautiful movie that left me with a lot of thoughts.
08:29 AM on 11/11/12 
User Info.
8SlicesOfPie
http://dwhb.bandcamp.com
Austin, TX
Male - 22 Years Old
Finally saw this today and I can't really say I have an opinion on it as far as "liking" it goes. I was certainly moved by it, I'm just not sure in what way. It's difficult to describe.

It was certainly awesome to see how stories and characters connected as the movie unfolded. The biggest question I have, and feel free to explain this to me, is what connection did the Cavendish storyline have to the stories that come after it chronologically?

Also it was pretty hard to understand what they were saying in the story after "The Fall", hopefully it will become clearer on a 2nd view.

Overall, a fantastic, beautiful movie that left me with a lot of thoughts.

In Sonmi-451's story, she watches a movie based on Cavendish's life
01:26 AM on 01/06/13 
User Info.
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
Southern California
Male - 26 Years Old
Crazy film, I liked it though. Would be a cool bonus feature on the dvd of blu-ray to watch each story as a standalone
12:35 PM on 05/17/13 
User Info.
OurLadyCoolbean
False. Black bears.
Seattle, WA
Male - 20 Years Old
Hopefully going to pick this up on DVD or Blu-ray soon. Hope it sells well: I really want studios to see that art can sell. It honestly crushed me to see an ambitious film like this flop so horribly in theaters, at least in the U.S.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos