AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Green Day News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 113.
12:19 PM on 11/12/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Not a huge Green Day fan at all anymore but my friend had me sit through Dos and its about half and half. It's not atrocious. Tate most likely went into thinking it was going to be terrible and didn't give it a real chance. And come on, All time low write better songs than Dookie and Insomniac? How can you make such a statement and own this website? All time low exists because of albums like Dookie.

He never said that.
12:23 PM on 11/12/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Not a huge Green Day fan at all anymore but my friend had me sit through Dos and its about half and half. It's not atrocious. Tate most likely went into thinking it was going to be terrible and didn't give it a real chance. And come on, All time low write better songs than Dookie and Insomniac? How can you make such a statement and own this website? All time low exists because of albums like Dookie.
Missed the entire point of what I said ... first, I said shitty pop songs. I don't think that applies to early Green Day -- I think those are good pop songs. Second, we're talking about right now ... not the band's early catalog. So, if you're going to say shit like "How can you make such a statement and own this website" -- you should at least get my quotes right.
12:24 PM on 11/12/12
harley7733
Reluctant Registered User
User Info.
Perhaps people dislike Dos because Lady Cobra raps on it and not Billie Joe. It's the first they have had a real guest on anything. If it was BJA rapping would you hate it?
Well yes, seeing as the lyrical content would make it even more ridiculously awful.

Besides that song though, I think Dos is pretty good. A lot of good tunes, I especially like Amy, Billie Joe really knows how to handle those ballads and his voice sounds great. If only they could have taken the best songs from each and done one album, it would have blown people away. I havent gotten to fully digest Dos yet, but I'd take Nuclear Family, Stay the Night, Let Yourself Go, Sweet 16, Rusty James, and Oh Love from Uno for sure.
12:26 PM on 11/12/12
djrossstar2009
User Info.
Fell For you reminds me of Worry Rock. Hiii Clown baby.
12:41 PM on 11/12/12
owenslugworth
User Info.
As someone who has loved everything Green Day has put out, even 21CB, in my opinion, Uno and Dos are both incredibly bad and boring albums. Not looking forward to Tre at all, but obviously I'll still listen.
12:53 PM on 11/12/12
Clown_Baby
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
All Time Low write better shitty pop-songs than Green Day do. It's that simple.

You need to fucking better clarify yourself because this leads me to believe that you mean their whole discography. Prick
01:16 PM on 11/12/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
You need to fucking better clarify yourself because this leads me to believe that you mean their whole discography. Prick
Not my fault you're an idiot.
01:23 PM on 11/12/12
tdlyon
User Info.
Jason, if you don't like Green Day any more, which is incredibly obvious, just stop going into threads about them and talking shit. Some people, like me, still love them. I think Uno and Dos are both really fun albums, and apparently Tre is more serious for people who don't like "fun" Green Day.
01:32 PM on 11/12/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Jason, if you don't like Green Day any more, which is incredibly obvious, just stop going into threads about them and talking shit. Some people, like me, still love them. I think Uno and Dos are both really fun albums, and apparently Tre is more serious for people who don't like "fun" Green Day.
Nah. I'll keep doing what I feel like doing.
02:00 PM on 11/12/12
dirty sanchez
Something's gone terribly wrong
User Info.
What in the hell happened to Green Day? I don't get why they are releasing these piles of junk. Compared to these, 21CB is a masterpiece. GD should have called it quits in 2009.
02:04 PM on 11/12/12
Clown_Baby
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Not my fault you're an idiot.

Good one. You fucking got me. You're such a cunt
02:04 PM on 11/12/12
Clown_Baby
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Nah. I'll keep doing what I feel like doing.

Worked for you marriage
02:07 PM on 11/12/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Worked for you marriage
Sure did, getting out of that train wreck was the best thing that ever happened to me. Thanks for reminding me how much better life is now! Man, doing what I want sure is great.
02:21 PM on 11/12/12
dunkinsdonut
User Info.
02:21 PM on 11/12/12
LetterBomb31
Impossible Soul
User Info.
I bought Uno, listened to it a couple of times, and haven't gone back... this sucks considering Green Day were my favourite band when I was 16...
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums