Username
Password

12:31 PM on 11/12/12 
User Info.
livingalive626
remember, remember...
Dallas
Male
Then eeeehhh, on Seattle... It's perfect during the summers, but living here year round is an emotional roller coaster... It doesn't rain as much as people say, but 3/4 of the year is a grey, gloomy mess, and it makes you not wanna get outta bed in the mornings. That being said, I love the summers here, like I said, and the winter, if you're a boarder or ski-er, is real nice due to the proximity of all the Western Canadian mountains and the mountains we have here in state, but the rest of the year is just hell. And if you are a real progressive person, you'll get along with all the people here, which, I assume you are one, otherwise you wouldn't have considered it to begin with.

I have suffered from depression off and on my whole life. Not as much recently though, this has been the best year of my life...but I have thought about that as a factor in my decision.
01:58 PM on 11/12/12 
User Info.
lauren1234
Registered Member
Dallas, TX
Female - 22 Years Old
Whaaaat!? Houston is a terrible, gross city. I'm looking for a progressive, musical, friendly and fun place to live.
I've been to Houston 3 times and definitely don't think it's gross but to each is own. What about Dallas doesn't fit the bill for you about the things you listed?
02:10 PM on 11/12/12 
User Info.
NaughtyScotty
SSFC
Male - 23 Years Old
Then eeeehhh, on Seattle... It's perfect during the summers, but living here year round is an emotional roller coaster... It doesn't rain as much as people say, but 3/4 of the year is a grey, gloomy mess, and it makes you not wanna get outta bed in the mornings. That being said, I love the summers here, like I said, and the winter, if you're a boarder or ski-er, is real nice due to the proximity of all the Western Canadian mountains and the mountains we have here in state, but the rest of the year is just hell. And if you are a real progressive person, you'll get along with all the people here, which, I assume you are one, otherwise you wouldn't have considered it to begin with.

example, right now... still in bed.
03:39 PM on 11/12/12 
User Info.
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
409, Texas
Male - 25 Years Old
You can start by crossing Austin off your list. Fuck Texas.

And your reasoning for this statement is.... ?
03:56 PM on 11/12/12 
User Info.
seymourbuttes
I'd do anything for a free t-shirt
Seattle
Male - 23 Years Old
I have suffered from depression off and on my whole life. Not as much recently though, this has been the best year of my life...but I have thought about that as a factor in my decision.

Oh yeah, the weather is HUUUUGE factor. I never really had problems with my happiness until I moved here and saw the off season. As soon as you open your eyes, and you realize your room is all clammy, and outside just looks like a dreary mess, you feel like staying wrapped up in your covers... It really is incredibly depressing, and an eye opener to see how much the weather actually affects you.
04:00 PM on 11/12/12 
User Info.
White
A masochist cannibal dining alone.
Orgasmville, NA
Otherkin
And your reasoning for this statement is.... ?

It's Texas, I don't need a reason. While you're busy asking stupid questions, why not ask me to explain why I would hate being homeless or getting stabbed.
04:02 PM on 11/12/12 
User Info.
livingalive626
remember, remember...
Dallas
Male
Oh yeah, the weather is HUUUUGE factor. I never really had problems with my happiness until I moved here and saw the off season. As soon as you open your eyes, and you realize your room is all clammy, and outside just looks like a dreary mess, you feel like staying wrapped up in your covers... It really is incredibly depressing, and an eye opener to see how much the weather actually affects you.

Hence why it has the highest suicide rate in the nation, correct?
04:04 PM on 11/12/12 
User Info.
livingalive626
remember, remember...
Dallas
Male
It's Texas, I don't need a reason. While you're busy asking stupid questions, why not ask me to explain why I would hate being homeless or getting stabbed.

Austin is pretty much the only oasis in the state.
04:20 PM on 11/12/12 
User Info.
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
409, Texas
Male - 25 Years Old

I'd glad you can follow up a question with a legitimate answer.
04:32 PM on 11/12/12 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
if you can deal with grey days, and want to get away from extreme heat without getting colder winters, Seattle. it's got the mountains of Denver, the art culture of Austin, and also a coastline which neither has. that is ultimately the place i want to move most, but i cant afford to move cross country yet and i actually like Baltimore a lot since i just moved here, could definitely see myself staying put for the next couple years.

as far as cost of living, you could certainly do worse. rent/housing prices are easily twice as expensive here in most parts of Maryland (downtown Baltimore is actually the only place i know of that isn't super expensive) than they are in Texas or Washington.
04:36 PM on 11/12/12 
User Info.
seymourbuttes
I'd do anything for a free t-shirt
Seattle
Male - 23 Years Old
Hence why it has the highest suicide rate in the nation, correct?

Definitely.
04:46 PM on 11/12/12 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
honestly ive never lived somewhere it was gloomy a lot -- i will say Maryland about now, late fall/early winter, can get like that and i do get in more really dreary moods during those times. but i feel like there are a lot more benefits that come with that. the low pressure, and whatever pacific current they get, keeps cold air out in the winter. for being so far north Seattle winters are pretty mild, and thats a major factor for me growing up in Florida, i cant stand those days in January in the northeast where skies are clear and it's colder and windy as shit. yet you probably have a better chance of snow than where i live because precipitation is at it's peak in winter there while here winter is the dry season. and everything i see about the PNW area is in general just appears to be greener than here, i dont have any factual basis behind this but it's gotta have something to do with the moisture/rain.
06:33 PM on 11/12/12 
User Info.
theagentcoma
Post Grad Vagabond
Seattle
Male - 26 Years Old
Seattle doesn't have the highest suicide rate in the nation.

Pittsburgh, New Orleans, and Pensacola receive more rain annually than Seattle.

That being said, I've only ever driven through Denver and been to the Aurora area, really nice.

I'm from San Diego and went to school in West Texas and people always said I'd enjoy Austin a lot. I did. Austin is probably the one redeeming thing about that state. Lots of cool venues and super good restaurant.

I've lived in Seattle for about 5 months. I love it here. If I can make it through the winter then it will be a while before I leave.

You might check out Portland too.
07:59 PM on 11/12/12 
User Info.
danperez
rain, cold, or hot.
choose.
08:21 PM on 11/12/12 
User Info.
fishguts182
Pop Punks For Hugs Not Thugs
New Mexico
Male - 25 Years Old
Those three, along with Vancouver and Taos, comprise my short-list of places to move to haha.

Taos New mexico? I grew up about 20 minutes from there

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version