Relax
User Info.
No McTernan is interesting
Super bummed :/
03:48 PM on 11/12/12
bite2brkskn12
Registered Member
User Info.
I still dont understand what the hell happened to The Fire.. Still Searching/Life Is Not both sound amazing and are produced by McTernan. Yet, The Fire sounds fucking awful, honestly the production ruined that album for me. Also, people have asked Buddy in the chats on here and he seemed rather confused that people thought it sounded bad. Which honestly blows my mind! Its sounds like the album was ripped at a bitrate of 96 and then mastered.
yeah exactly! I have a senses fail playlist on my ipod and anytime a song from The Fire comes on, you can immediately hear the difference in sound quality
03:51 PM on 11/12/12
bite2brkskn12
Registered Member
User Info.
I love the production. That's my favorite SF record
I love The Fire as well. The lyrics on that album really hit home for me but like I said in another post, I have a senses fail playlist on my ipod and anytime a song from that album comes on you can immediately hear a difference in sound quality. that's just my opinion though
04:38 PM on 11/12/12
golferpunk1
I'm not used to this temptation
User Info.
It would be awesome if they re-released The Fire remastered because I really like those songs.
05:12 PM on 11/12/12
xtbs7645x
User Info.
It would be awesome if they re-released The Fire remastered because I really like those songs.
I'm glad to see a bunch of people feel the same way about the production.. was beginning to question if it was just me. Sadly, I doubt a remaster will ever happen :( shame, there are some really good songs (cowards actually one my favorite SF songs). The entire mix is just awful, the guitars sounds so washed out. I can honestly say, the production has prevented me from really getting into the album.. it honestly bothers me that much.
05:16 PM on 11/12/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
I love The Fire as well. The lyrics on that album really hit home for me but like I said in another post, I have a senses fail playlist on my ipod and anytime a song from that album comes on you can immediately hear a difference in sound quality. that's just my opinion though
Fair enough. The lyrics are definitely killer compared to past SF records
06:44 PM on 11/12/12
pepster50
User Info.
I'm glad to see a bunch of people feel the same way about the production.. was beginning to question if it was just me. Sadly, I doubt a remaster will ever happen :( shame, there are some really good songs (cowards actually one my favorite SF songs). The entire mix is just awful, the guitars sounds so washed out. I can honestly say, the production has prevented me from really getting into the album.. it honestly bothers me that much.
exactly how i felt. The songs were sick and Coward is probably one of the best SF songs, but the production turned an album that would probably be a 5 into a 3 for me. It really shows how vital production is when it comes to enjoyment of music. I really think it is the pristine sound of the previous albums that really makes The Fire so jarring.
06:55 PM on 11/12/12
Avalanche1
Keep running, keep shining on
User Info.
I love The Fire and have no problems with the production. Looking forward to hearing new stuff from them.
07:08 PM on 11/12/12
Stephin_DC
Registered Member
User Info.
I really hope they embrace their hardcore side a bit more on this record. Buddy has become such a strong screamerr and I wish he did it more
10:07 PM on 11/12/12
datsdatdude
ducks eat for free at subway.
User Info.
let's channel some depths/enfold SF. buddy's scream is simply too good not to showcase.
10:39 PM on 11/12/12
upthepunx
User Info.
i love you senses fail
12:23 AM on 11/13/12
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
Stoked.
12:26 AM on 11/13/12
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
I really hope they embrace their hardcore side a bit more on this record. Buddy has become such a strong screamerr and I wish he did it more
This. Probably you've already did it, but in case you didn't, check out Bayonet's EP (Buddy's side project), such a strong, raw hardcore sound.
12:52 AM on 11/13/12
PerfectChaos337
User Info.
Based on the new songs from the greatest hits, it looks like new SF is going to rule. Stoked to hear what they've come up with.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos