Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 41
01:05 PM on 11/13/12
Helen Keller.
Moustache Cash Stash
User Info.
Melanie Martinez still has my vote to win by a mile. Cassadee hasn't sounded that great on any of her songs, really. Though I love ATL, their fans are honestly probably the only thing keeping her afloat at this point. And quit with the damn fake guitar, almost everyone knows the contestants barely ever actually play them.
01:29 PM on 11/13/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
She does have like almost 1 million twitter fans doesn't she? You'd have to think that would help at least a little...

Keep in mind, that's AFTER having been on national television for several weeks - so most of those are likely from the show itself.

So yes, she has a big "scene" following, but the scene is peanuts compared to the size of audiences that watch The Voice.
01:42 PM on 11/13/12
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
User Info.

Keep in mind, that's AFTER having been on national television for several weeks - so most of those are likely from the show itself.

So yes, she has a big "scene" following, but the scene is peanuts compared to the size of audiences that watch The Voice.

Oh okay, i thought she had more followers than that. I was originally thinking that she had close to 1 million followers. So i was thinking if half of her followers voted for her and there are 12 million viewers total, she'd have 1/24th of the total audience voting for her. Not counting all of the new people that hadn't heard of her until watching the show that chose to vote for her.

But yeah, i guess i was totally off-base, haha.
01:52 PM on 11/13/12
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
User Info.
Melanie Martinez still has my vote to win by a mile. Cassadee hasn't sounded that great on any of her songs, really. Though I love ATL, their fans are honestly probably the only thing keeping her afloat at this point. And quit with the damn fake guitar, almost everyone knows the contestants barely ever actually play them.
In my opinion, if anybody should win the show "by miles", it should be Trevin. dude is one of the best vocalists Ive ever heard. Every performance blows me away. Cant believe hes only 18.

Technically speaking, Melanie's not all that amazing of a singer. Pretty small range compared to the other female vocalists left, but she is very unique. If it were up to me, I think Amanda Brown and Bryan are stronger vocalists, have a better chance of winning and should move on.
02:00 PM on 11/13/12
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
You understand that there aren't even close to enough Hey Monday fans to swing this thing, right?

This isn't Yao Ming, where all of China votes to make him an all-star. Hey Monday had a following, but this is national television we're talking about.

I believe that although the show has a lot of viewer s not many of them actually vote. The people who have followed her before and the ATL kids who probably don't even watch they vote because the guys tweeted asking them too can give her an advantage over other contestants.
02:01 PM on 11/13/12
herestoyoufla
User Info.
In my opinion, if anybody should win the show "by miles", it should be Trevin. dude is one of the best vocalists Ive ever heard. Every performance blows me away. Cant believe hes only 18.

Technically speaking, Melanie's not all that amazing of a singer. Pretty small range compared to the other female vocalists left, but she is very unique. If it were up to me, I think Amanda Brown and Bryan are stronger vocalists, have a better chance of winning and should move on.
Totally agree with this. He's one of the best i've ever, ever heard. If we're going off who has the best voice, i'd say Trevin and Amanda Brown are at the top for sure.

My favourite however, is Nicholas. The man has such swagger, haha. Very unique.
02:10 PM on 11/13/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I believe that although the show has a lot of viewer s not many of them actually vote. The people who have followed her before and the ATL kids who probably don't even watch they vote because the guys tweeted asking them too can give her an advantage over other contestants.

That's a whole lot of assumptions, most of which seem pretty unfounded.
02:16 PM on 11/13/12
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
User Info.
Totally agree with this. He's one of the best i've ever, ever heard. If we're going off who has the best voice, i'd say Trevin and Amanda Brown are at the top for sure.

My favourite however, is Nicholas. The man has such swagger, haha. Very unique.
He really does. I dont think hell win, but I cant wait till he comes out with an album. Really I think this year has been the best year of the voice. Nicholas, Melanie, Avery (already off the show), Amanda, Trevin, Bryan etc I can see having solid careers.

I think Sylvia's performance of My Heart Will Go On yesterday was underrated (dangerous word to use on here but I think it was). She was off pitch a couple times and was shakey on her runs, but damn thats one of the hardest songs to sing and she did fantastic. Even went higher than the original went on "We'll stay" with an 'F' and great run. Tryin to show up Celine Dion? yea that takes some balls.

With that said Cassadee, although didn't think her performance was perfect, still did a great job and nailed that high Gb. I understand her tone is kind of shrill, but shes still a great vocalist.
02:27 PM on 11/13/12
Fringe
highfive
User Info.

Just throwing this out there, but Melanie has by far and long the weakest voice in the competition. Sure her tone is unique and cool, but she always goes quiet for the high notes and usually plays it pretty safe; paired with the fact she didn't get enough votes to get into the next live round and had to be saved by Adam, I have a feeling she won't be around too much longer.
02:32 PM on 11/13/12
herestoyoufla
User Info.
He really does. I dont think hell win, but I cant wait till he comes out with an album. Really I think this year has been the best year of the voice. Nicholas, Melanie, Avery (already off the show), Amanda, Trevin, Bryan etc I can see having solid careers.

I think Sylvia's performance of My Heart Will Go On yesterday was underrated (dangerous word to use on here but I think it was). She was off pitch a couple times and was shakey on her runs, but damn thats one of the hardest songs to sing and she did fantastic. Even went higher than the original went on "We'll stay" with an 'F' and great run. Tryin to show up Celine Dion? yea that takes some balls.

With that said Cassadee, although didn't think her performance was perfect, still did a great job and nailed that high Gb. I understand her tone is kind of shrill, but shes still a great vocalist.

Yeah Cassadee needs to make sure to pick songs that stay in her upper register. Her lower register is pretty shaky.

It's kind of a shame, because the show is supposed to be "The Voice" but i still don't see people like Trevin or Nicholas winning. I hope the show proves me wrong though. The problem is that looks obviously still factor into the show somewhat.
02:43 PM on 11/13/12
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
User Info.
Yeah Cassadee needs to make sure to pick songs that stay in her upper register. Her lower register is pretty shaky.

It's kind of a shame, because the show is supposed to be "The Voice" but i still don't see people like Trevin or Nicholas winning. I hope the show proves me wrong though. The problem is that looks obviously still factor into the show somewhat.
Very True. Dez in no way should be this far. So many others that were better than him. I dont know how eliminations work in the future rounds, but if Dez makes it any further, which he most likely will, it kind of sucks. Sylvia or Adriana deserve to represent their team way more.

Edit: and if he wins the show should be cancelled.
02:46 PM on 11/13/12
herestoyoufla
User Info.
Very True. Dez in no way should be this far. So many others that were better than him. I dont know how eliminations work in the future rounds, but if Dez makes it any further, which he most likely will, it kind of sucks. Sylvia or Adriana deserve to represent their team way more.
Yeah, i'm a little biased cause i just don't really like that form of singing, haha. That christina aguilera type of singing with all of the vocal flourishes just isn't for me. Not to say i think people are bad singers when they sing like that. Christina Aguilera is obviously one of the best singers in the world. It's just not what i like to listen to.
03:47 PM on 11/13/12
trevorshmevor
User Info.
Just throwing this out there, but Melanie has by far and long the weakest voice in the competition. Sure her tone is unique and cool, but she always goes quiet for the high notes and usually plays it pretty safe

Completely agree, I'm beyond surprised that she's gotten this far.

I agree with all of this as well, Dez being the main culprit here. Hopefully the competitors that lose due to this pehnomenon keep pushing with their careers after the show... Trevin is just the kind of guy that I want to see success for.
03:47 PM on 11/13/12
bduke13
is looking for that clearer water
User Info.
She shouldn't be singing songs by vocalists that are way more talented than she is. Her version did nothing for me
04:50 PM on 11/13/12
OpenIntro
insomniatic
User Info.
While she is doing well in the competition, she doesn't really hold a candle to what Juliette Simms did last season.

That being said, Cassadee has a lot of big names tweeting and posting to FB for her....it seems like this support could probably get her at LEAST to the finale.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos