Username
Password
Fearless Records News - Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 75 of 108.
06:24 PM on 11/14/12
Freshman15Davey
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Pretty singing, screaming, electronic noises, pretty singing, electronic noises, screaming, GOO!!!!, breakdown. Repeat for 13 tracks.
06:31 PM on 11/14/12
Djentleman
User Info.
worst pgp album charted the highest thanks to retarded high school kids

need to make: punk goes metal 2, punk goes acoustic 3, punk goes classic rock 2, punk goes 90's 2, and punk goes 80's 2
06:35 PM on 11/14/12
Mikey Paine
AP.net's registered Fullonrapist
User Info.
I can exclusively reveal that I will not be listening to this.
06:35 PM on 11/14/12
luqmanhakim
Registered Member
User Info.
Fuck. Those. Bands.
06:42 PM on 11/14/12
imposs1ble
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm gonna debate all of the negativity in this thread. Has anybody even considered that they're doing this to branch out to bands that refuse to do punk goes pop because of the shitty albums they've become? fearless was always getting a solid roster for these, prior to punk goes pop 3. 1 & 2 were solid albums. 3-5 became "now that's what I call music" tribute albums. I can understand why bands with integrity wouldn't touch that. But damn near every band records a christmas song at some point or another, and there hasn't been an avenue for those to be put out on a cohesive comp in probably 5-6 years. And bottom line, I would wager that fearless knows how shitty these have become, but seriously, why would they stop producing what is probably their best selling album yearly if it still sells and the quality has degraded. Nobody bitches side one dummy out forputting out warped comps yearly, despite how pathetic they are at this point. Everyone just jumps in the thread and says "been buying these since 2000, can't stop now." I'm personally stoked for this. Then again, IF its the same roster they've been working with, then yeah, they can shove an icicle up their dicks.
06:46 PM on 11/14/12
icynova
Love is easier made than kept!
User Info.
I actually enjoy some of the songs on this, like the Forever the Sickest Kids cover. *shrug*
06:55 PM on 11/14/12
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
Can they make a Punk Goes Pop with like Bad Religion covering Mayday Parade and Green Day covering The Maine or something? That would be interesting.
06:57 PM on 11/14/12
PengusNiugnep
@PenguinGengar
User Info.
There are usually a few good songs on these, so I'll probably check those out.
07:05 PM on 11/14/12
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
I hope someone does a cover of Cartman's cover of O Holy Night:

07:07 PM on 11/14/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
The people saying that every song on PGP 5 sounds the same obviously haven't listened to it. There's a good amount of variety on there. Now I won't say that every song is good--I dislike a bunch of the songs--but there are some great covers as well. Good for Fearless and the bands on the comp to do that well in this industry.

This Christmas album could be fantastic--there's a lot of bands I'd want to hear on it.

In my opinion, the Punk Goes series is great. All but one has a fair (or more) amount of good songs on it. Only ones I'm not too into are Punk Goes Metal and Punk Goes Crunk.
07:15 PM on 11/14/12
PunkInfluence09
In it for the lulz
User Info.
Not as good as they used to be years ago...but I'm listening to this (Punk Goes Pop 5) on Spotify and there are a few that I enjoy.

The especially pointless ones like the Like Moths To Flames and The Word Alive, and Secrets are the ones that have been making the Punk Goes comps sooooo shitty lately. This one only has those three, but lately it seems like at least half of the songs are these "metalcore" bands just screaming the lyrics to music that sounds absolutely nothing like the song at all and is indistinguishable from all of their other songs. I just don't see the point in that. At least find something musically in the song to stay true to or else what the hell is the point?

I actually think the Secrets cover is one of the better ones on PGP5....

But I didn't enjoy TWA or LMTF whatsoever.
07:22 PM on 11/14/12
TriangularDuck
we will set sail the prairie
User Info.
Tis the Season to be Fearless was actually rather good, but a lot of what I liked about it was the focus on original songs instead of covers.
07:22 PM on 11/14/12
daftpunker45
Yeezus season approaching.
User Info.
Asdha
07:24 PM on 11/14/12
PunkInfluence09
In it for the lulz
User Info.
Tis the Season to be Fearless was actually rather good, but a lot of what I liked about it was the focus on original songs instead of covers.
Yeah, that was what made it truly great. I was actually really disappointed when Go Radio only did a cover.
07:35 PM on 11/14/12
brokenmixtape
Starry configurations
User Info.
Now I'll have to listen to Punk Goes Acoustic for nostalgia
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music