AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Money News - Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 75 of 107.
02:01 PM on 11/16/12
ChaseTx
He's definitely a rapper. How good of one is an entirely different debate.
He occasionally puts out albums, but I'm pretty sure he writes little or none of his verses.
02:05 PM on 11/16/12
NewAgeofHorus
User Info.
Just off the top of my head, Jay-Z is worth 450 million and P.Diddy is worth 550 million, that'd put them in the upper echelon of wealthy musicians.
would you count them as "musicians"... or just entertainers
02:20 PM on 11/16/12
perceptrons
[ ]
User Info.
He occasionally puts out albums, but I'm pretty sure he writes little or none of his verses.
He's put out an album every 2-4 years since No Way Out. That's good enough for me. All sorts of rappers use ghostwriters, by that logic, Dr. Dre isn't a rapper either (he also isn't by your "occasional" album logic).
02:39 PM on 11/16/12
bobcatbob18
Hang your secrets
User Info.
I can't imagine what it would be like to have anywhere near this much money.
02:58 PM on 11/16/12
Johnny Minardi
User Info.
It may have sold out at showtime, but most certainly not before.

I was surprised, too, but I can tell you for a fact that I went with friends who showed up and bought tickets at the door.
Did they play there this year? In 2011, they played FBR15 which was a $50 and sold it out. More tickets opened up at the door because of guest list cancellations.
03:13 PM on 11/16/12
Djentleman
User Info.
I'm not familiar with all of the venues on Paramore's 2010 Honda Civic tour, but looking over the list most of the ones I do know hold between 5-9K people. Wouldn't really call that an arena tour. And they didn't headline the No Doubt reunion tour. Anyways, its great she is doing so well for herself, it just surprised me.

most of the venues were arenas & amphitheaters, but had a "theater" setting for the arena shows. like they closed off upper areas to keep the max capacity 10,000 or less. surprised she makes that much money either way. hope the guys get just as much
03:44 PM on 11/16/12
The_Effort
User Info.
He's put out an album every 2-4 years since No Way Out. That's good enough for me. All sorts of rappers use ghostwriters, by that logic, Dr. Dre isn't a rapper either (he also isn't by your "occasional" album logic).

I'd say he's more of a producer now than anything..
04:01 PM on 11/16/12
SmeezyBeezy
DahBuhDeezy
User Info.
didn't realize jimmy buffet was worth that much, shit
Margaritaville is not only a song, but a giant ass restaurant.
04:08 PM on 11/16/12
ChaseTx
Dre never was really a rapper. His albums serve more as a showcase of his skills as a producer, as well as promotion for the dozens of featured rappers.

"Ghostwriter" is really only applicable if they're secretive about it. Dre and Diddy never really set out to convince the world that they could be viable MCs. They just want something to put them in front of the music rather than constantly behind it. It's a way of building a brand.
04:46 PM on 11/16/12
nickthehick2
King of France
User Info.
Holy shit, I knew the Blink guys had money but not THAT MUCH.
04:51 PM on 11/16/12
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
User Info.
wow, Zack de la Rocha in 5th? ahah I guess it's not his fault for being rich, but this is too ironic. I wonder what he's been doing with the money
05:09 PM on 11/16/12
Chemical Love
-
User Info.
Wait, Hayley Williams and Feed Durst are worth the same?
06:15 PM on 11/16/12
perceptrons
[ ]
User Info.
Dre never was really a rapper. His albums serve more as a showcase of his skills as a producer, as well as promotion for the dozens of featured rappers.

"Ghostwriter" is really only applicable if they're secretive about it. Dre and Diddy never really set out to convince the world that they could be viable MCs. They just want something to put them in front of the music rather than constantly behind it. It's a way of building a brand.
I don't think being a producer first and foremost excludes them from being rappers. There's plenty of rapper/producers.
07:39 PM on 11/16/12
mr_raccoon
UᴼᴥᴼU
User Info.
I'd say he's more of a producer now than anything..
...and a maker $300+ headhones too
07:53 PM on 11/16/12
RonStoppable
yeezy season approachin
User Info.
would you count them as "musicians"... or just entertainers
They're musicians.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates