Username
Password

Comments: Page 6
Displaying posts 75 - 90 of 107
07:56 PM on 11/16/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
I'd be willing to bet they made the vast majority of their wealth pre-reunion.
I think it might have something to do with their non-music ventures too. They didn't stop making money when Blink took a break.
07:58 PM on 11/16/12
danperez
User Info.
My ass Grohl made that $ through FooFs. It's all from Nirvana.
08:07 PM on 11/16/12
ChaseTx
I don't think being a producer first and foremost excludes them from being rappers. There's plenty of rapper/producers.
Yeah, I'm not saying they're not rappers, but it's secondary to their production. Like, it would be flawed to say "rapper Dr. Dre".
11:28 PM on 11/16/12
SteveLikesMusic
I'm A Man, Dammit
User Info.
Holy shit @ zack.
11:31 PM on 11/16/12
SwedishHeat
back in the van
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Linkin Park seem like one of the biggest bands right now, didn't think Chester would be that low on the list

Dude got divorced and she took a bunch of money. The story was that THAT's why they made more music, was cuz he needed money.
02:18 AM on 11/17/12
LoginBanned
WWW.REALDEALONSPORTS.COM
User Info.
So de la Roche...fight the power?

Capitalism has sure worked out for them.
04:44 AM on 11/17/12
Frenizzle
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think some people are putting a little too much faith in these estimations. The guys at Forbes are only estimating when they largely use public financial statements to get the net worths of the top business people. I couldn't imagine how deeply the team at Celebritynetworth.com looked at the date to came to these figures.

If you got all these musicians together and asked them what they thought of these totals, my guess is that many laugh and say they wished they were true. Others would laugh for the opposite reason. Rich people and their financial advisors often can't even pinpoint their net worth because among other things, the value of assets is always changing. There are just too many unknowns.

That being said, Zack de la Rocha is worth $50 million!?! woah!
05:26 AM on 11/17/12
Quijiba
User Info.
I'd be willing to bet they made the vast majority of their wealth pre-reunion.
absolutely. Those reunion tours, though successful, did not fund anywhere close to this wealth
06:30 AM on 11/17/12
NewAgeofHorus
User Info.
oh.... I thought an artist that made music with musical talent through musical instruments were "musicians"...silly me.

If only I knew in my 5th grade talent show that I could read a poem into a microphone and be called a "musician"......
06:40 AM on 11/17/12
The_Blackout94
Chances are, I'm injured
User Info.
Patrick Stump not on here? Sure he should be worth more than Hayley Williams.
08:42 AM on 11/17/12
InvaderPhantom
User Info.
I'm also surprised that Tom and Mark are wealthier than Billie Joe because Green Day's popularity since American Idiot has overtaken Blink's popularity (kids these days barely know who Blink are, but everyone knows Green Day).

I'm pretty sure most of their money are from their peak years, also from all those other companies they have. Plus the Reunion Tour which was one of the most successful tours in recent years.

I'm pretty sure Billie is making more money right now, but blows it all for booze lol
08:51 AM on 11/17/12
InvaderPhantom
User Info.
I'm also surprised that Chester is so low since Linkin Park is one of the biggest rock bands right now. It may have something to do with the fact that Linkin Park are six people and they all share their money equally, both lyric credit and composition credit. Most lead singers get additional money because most of them also get all of the songwriting credit, which isn't the case with Linkin Park.

Maybe that's the reason why Corey Taylor isn't on that list because the money they get is split up for nine freakin' people haha
10:26 AM on 11/17/12
whiterussian
awake my old dry bones.
User Info.
Thought Chris Martin would be higher up.

It's always interesting to see how (current) exposure matches up to wealth.
10:28 AM on 11/17/12
RonStoppable
yeezy season approachin
User Info.
oh.... I thought an artist that made music with musical talent through musical instruments were "musicians"...silly me.

If only I knew in my 5th grade talent show that I could read a poem into a microphone and be called a "musician"......
they make music.
10:48 AM on 11/17/12
NewAgeofHorus
User Info.
yeah....I when tap my knuckles on a desk, I make music too.....

guys, i'm a musician.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version