Username
Password
Facebook News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 52.
01:10 PM on 11/17/12
SkyHeldUpByStar
Love leaves scars.
User Info.
I was just thinking about Dead Poetic the other day. I remember a few years back they were talking about still carrying on as a band, though on their own terms independent of a label. I think Jesse Sprinkle had written something about it? Anyway, nothing ever came to fruition, which was why I was thinking of it the other day. I wonder what happened there. Glad to have Rike back because he always was a terrific vocalist.
01:15 PM on 11/17/12
SkyHeldUpByStar
Love leaves scars.
User Info.
Well I guess it was actually straight from Brandon in this old article:

http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=278680

Quote:
We plan to record another album. We love making music. We do not plan to tour.

What's the point? If you have spent nearly half of your life dedicated to your band and your music, then you would understand. Making music is something that I've grown an addiction to. No matter how much I push it away, I always end up needing it again. I will never stop making music. There is no point, really. I think that's why I'm excited about it.

Music is very much a personal thing to us. We are excited to write an album without the thoughts of what people will think. We are excited to write an album that we know will not sell. We will be enjoying the opportunity to create music. Creation without expectation is proving to be a wonderful thing. Making music for the sake of making music. We can honestly say that we don't care what any one is gonna think about it, and I think we truly mean that.
01:29 PM on 11/17/12
Jamos4184
www.facebook.com/attalusmusic
User Info.
Didn't Chino produce some of that album as well?

Like most here, loved NM but didn't dig much the more rockish Vices.
I think he helped write a few songs and may have just done some production on those 2. Always wondered how Dead Poetic got hooked up with that deal.
01:30 PM on 11/17/12
Jamos4184
www.facebook.com/attalusmusic
User Info.
Best song on the album!
Agreed
03:31 PM on 11/17/12
Paris1nFlames
User Info.
No one loved four wall blackmail?...
03:56 PM on 11/17/12
benjgrimm
User Info.
Lucas is a killer musician and an excellent dude. I made a t-shirt for his old band way back in the day. Ha
05:43 PM on 11/17/12
IdiotFlight
User Info.
The song that got me into the band. Really really good song.... and album.
06:04 PM on 11/17/12
Paris1nFlames
User Info.
The song that got me into the band. Really really good song.... and album.

OK good... New Medicines is an excellent album, but I fell in love with four wall blackmail way before new medicines came out, and I got worried when no one here mentioned it
08:06 PM on 11/17/12
rushour144
User Info.
I'm sold! Don't even have to hear what they sound like!
12:05 AM on 11/18/12
agl
User Info.
It was definitely a great album. I thought all 3 were pretty good, don't have a favorite and don't have one I hate.
12:30 AM on 11/18/12
Symphonicaxiom
Tell me it's you or nothing at all
User Info.
as i said in the other post...

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
07:02 AM on 11/18/12
yourbiggestflan
Wiw-yum Penn Eye-way!
User Info.
Was just thinking about Dead Poetic yesterday and how awesome it was when they had Chino Moreno do guest vocals on the song "Paralytic".

I was literally just thinking about that last night when I was listening to diamond eyes. Such a good blend in that song. Regardless I'm excited to hear Brandon's voice in something new. DP uses to be my jam!
07:05 AM on 11/18/12
yourbiggestflan
Wiw-yum Penn Eye-way!
User Info.
I was just thinking about Dead Poetic the other day. I remember a few years back they were talking about still carrying on as a band, though on their own terms independent of a label. I think Jesse Sprinkle had written something about it? Anyway, nothing ever came to fruition, which was why I was thinking of it the other day. I wonder what happened there. Glad to have Rike back because he always was a terrific vocalist.

I'm pretty sure they technically owe T&N another record as per their contract. That's the last thing I heard about them in like '09. Did you hear about anything changing since then? I would be stoked is there is new planned.
09:22 AM on 11/18/12
MyEpicThrice
User Info.
I still consider Vices one of my all-time favorite CD's and perhaps one of the best alternative rock albums of the 2000's. I loved New Medicines but there was just something about his amazing vocals in Vices (combined with Chino on 'Paralytic' as stated earlier) that just grab you. Everything from 'Pretty, Pretty' and on is mesmerizing with 'Paralytic' and 'Copy of a Copy' being the best ones for that. I'll definitely keep tabs on this.

Also, I went to an Oh, Sleeper concert like 2-3 years ago and wore my Dead Poetic shirt. Got a lot of comments on it including from Oh, Sleeper's merch booth. Was pretty cool to see others recognize them.
10:32 AM on 11/18/12
whitelipstickkk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
New update:

Hoping to possibly give away a 6 song EP for free sometime next year. All the drums and guitars for the new EP are finished and Brandon is working on vocals. Should be cool!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS