User Info.
tttygxlove
NOT Toledo.
09:20 PM on 11/18/12 
User Info.
Ditka For Gov
West Chicago
Male
Based on your list, I'd say either pick a school in California or one of the Big 12 schools (OK, OK St, K St, WVU).
01:13 AM on 11/19/12 
User Info.
thesafeword
-
Portland, OR
Male
If you like large cities, Chicago is really cool. I'm not the biggest fan of LA, although I haven't been there in awhile, and I've never been to NY. If you want to scale it down from there, I seriously can't recommend Seattle or Portland enough. Sure it rains, but it really isn't that bad, definitely not a deal breaker.
08:34 AM on 11/19/12 
User Info.
tell that mick
@mickrouse
New York, NY
Male
Your whole perception of studying abroad seems like a total shot in a barrel. I'd say do some research and talk to some of your professors and narrow down the scope. If you're going into this with limited financial availability to the point where you can't buy a plane ticket, you may want to rethink this whole idea. The locations that will best suit your interests (NYC, California, Chicago, Austin, etc) aren't exactly cheap places to live.
10:13 AM on 11/19/12 
User Info.
ttmessick
Wichita, KS
Male
Heyoooo

I'm (hopefully) doing a year abroad next year and I'm wondering about the best place to go. (In terms of people, things to do, social life, etc etc). I'm pretty set on going somewhere in the south. Yes I am aware of rednecks/stupid southern people but the girl from Oklahoma that was in my halls last year was great and the 3 or so other southern people I have met have been great too. I know that 4 people don't represent half a country but I don't care too much about rednecks.

I'm thinking South Carolina, purely because of the bands I would get to see, other than that I have no idea.

What's the best southern state? advise me!

Thanks.

EDIT: Shit, less available unis than I though:

Bemidji State University Bemidji, MN
California State University, Long Beach Long Beach, CA
Central Connecticut State University New Britain, CT
Hawaii Pacific University Honolulu, HI
Kansas State University Manhattan, KS
University of New Mexico Albuquerque, NM
University of North Carolina Wilmington Wilmington, NC
University of Oklahoma Norman, OK
Oklahoma State University Stillwater, OK
San Jose State University San Jose, CA
Stony Brook University (SUNY) Stony Brook, NY - Wouldn't mind visiting NY, Don't wanna live there.
University of Toledo Toledo, OH
University of West Virginia Morgantown, WV
University of Wisconsin-Stout Menomonie, WI
University of Wisconsin-Whitewater Whitewater, WI

If you're looking at Kansas State, definately look at Kansas University. I've been to both towns several times and much prefer Lawrence to Manhattan. There is a real sense of community and spirit there. And from a music standpoint there is a fairly major venue right in the middle of Lawrence called The Grenada; there are constantly great shows coming through there. I saw Taking Back Sunday's TAYF 10 year anniversary show there last month and it was great.
12:00 PM on 11/19/12 
User Info.
drat!
How much cheese is too much cheese?
PA
Male - 28 Years Old
because Lancaster is so exciting.

We have Amish people!
12:02 PM on 11/19/12 
User Info.
drat!
How much cheese is too much cheese?
PA
Male - 28 Years Old
Go west young man. Seriously go to San Diego or something. The weather is incredible and there's the beach and there are significantly hotter women there that you can seduce with your delightful accent. I grew up in that area, its better than the east coast in my opinion.
02:12 PM on 11/19/12 
User Info.
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
Austin, TX
Male - 28 Years Old
We have Amish people!

they do make good baked good lol. I get stuff at my farmers market from Amish folk.
01:02 PM on 12/05/12 
User Info.
JoeLovesMO
JoeLovesMansions
Manhattan, KS
Male - 22 Years Old
OK, small update. I'm trying to keep things as cheap as possible. So my first choice is Kansas state (no I can't choose University of Kansas) as it's cheaper to live there. Then NC Wilmington and maybe West Georgia, NC because it's meant to be a nice area and West Georgia purely for the music. Thoughts on those unis?
04:29 PM on 12/05/12 
User Info.
CarpetElf
Stay Hungry, Stay Free, Stay Lucky
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
OK, small update. I'm trying to keep things as cheap as possible. So my first choice is Kansas state (no I can't choose University of Kansas) as it's cheaper to live there. Then NC Wilmington and maybe West Georgia, NC because it's meant to be a nice area and West Georgia purely for the music. Thoughts on those unis?

Kansas State based on the university. Anything but Kansas State based on the location.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos