Username
Password

Comments: Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 83
09:33 AM on 11/19/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
Best comment. I can't believe people ignored this gold.
haha, thank you thank you
09:56 AM on 11/19/12
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Am I the only one who doesn't like Tilian's voice? It seems like bands that I like are making an effort to replace amazing singers with sub-par ones. He seems like a cool dude but Cove, Anthony and Jonny are all miles above this guy.

You're not alone. (No pun intended). I don't care for this guys high pitched whine at all. And honestly, anyone trying to call Saosin irrelevant and DGD great has a misconstrued vision of talent. Aside from Will and Jonny, everyone else involved with that band were/are sub-par musicians. And they will never reach a level that Saosin hit even if now they aren't as big.

Really, the hype behind this guy is too much.
10:00 AM on 11/19/12
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
Thanks, this cleared up every single question I had about the band.
10:06 AM on 11/19/12
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
User Info.
excited and for new DGD and saosin. I pray Jonny gets his act together
10:14 AM on 11/19/12
PunkInfluence09
In it for the lulz
User Info.
This should blow away the most recent DGD record by quite a bit.
10:39 AM on 11/19/12
DylanPPPP
Hey, are you a dreamer?
User Info.
You're not alone. (No pun intended). I don't care for this guys high pitched whine at all. And honestly, anyone trying to call Saosin irrelevant and DGD great has a misconstrued vision of talent. Aside from Will and Jonny, everyone else involved with that band were/are sub-par musicians. And they will never reach a level that Saosin hit even if now they aren't as big.

Really, the hype behind this guy is too much.
Saosin is irrelevant right now though. You contradicted yourself.

Plus, talent has nothing to do with relevancy anyway.
10:47 AM on 11/19/12
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
It's like having Jag from a skylit drive sing for DGD...

Yeah it's too high pitched for DGD. I would have much preferred Matt Guise from Lower Definition (since Kurt would never come back sadly). They offered the gig to him but he turned it down. Whackness.

Speaking of which, what's Jonnys next move?
10:59 AM on 11/19/12
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Saosin is irrelevant right now though. You contradicted yourself.

Plus, talent has nothing to do with relevancy anyway.

Irrelevant to who? 16 year olds who think DGD is the only band in existence because they dish out albums within every 2 years? I see more demands for new Saosin than I do this band.

But when the day comes, I wouldn't prefer Tilian on their new album anyways.
11:01 AM on 11/19/12
Micah511
I don't wanna simmer down.
User Info.

this video of lemon meringue tie proves that tilian is better at singing Jonny songs than Jonny himself.. He kills it. He can also write a catchy vocal melody, which Jonny hasn't done since the first dtbm. Tilian with dgd and Kurt with allb is great for the scene. I've recently understood that dgd with Kurt was way better than dgd without him, so if they can't get him back, tilian is the next best thing.
11:12 AM on 11/19/12
DylanPPPP
Hey, are you a dreamer?
User Info.
Irrelevant to who? 16 year olds who think DGD is the only band in existence because they dish out albums within every 2 years? I see more demands for new Saosin than I do this band.

To everyone. They haven't released material in 3 years and haven't been been touring at all recently either. It's a mystery whether they even have a vocalist or not and very few new things come out of their camp as far as news. That's pretty irrelevant to me.
11:18 AM on 11/19/12
Your Milkshake
...I drink it
User Info.

Both of Saosin's full lengths are SO BLAND... Fans reactions and critical reception has not been kind to them. There is an overwhelming argument for their irrelevancy. And yes I know Translating and even the subsequent ep were legendary.

Im not replying to your comments on dgd because i dont necessarily agree/disagree with them. At least even if I or anyone else hated any dgd song, no one could ever accuse them of being boring or indistinguishable from any other bands.
11:26 AM on 11/19/12
sordanj
Philadelphia, PA
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Tillian is one of my favorite singers, still waiting on his pop solo album. I think Tillian did better than Jonny in Emarosa and I think he'll be better than Jonny in DGD. But then again I really only liked the Kurt DGD albums (happiness + zach garren ftw).

It's sad that Tilian is such a talented singer and he'll be sharing vocal duties with the obnoxiously horrible Jon Mess. I know some people love him for whatever reason but I can't stand screaming in general, let alone his scratchy harshness and incoherent lyrical style.
11:40 AM on 11/19/12
ChaseTx
Saosin was never that good anyway. I liked their s/t ok, nothing I'd listen to now. DGD's 2nd and 3rd albums are something I listen to at least once a month, and the Jonny albums are good too (though not as much depth).

lol @ "the only talented members are Jonny & Will". Soooo the guy who writes all of the music is the only talented one? ok.
11:44 AM on 11/19/12
Skinny blaque
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Honestly, Tilian has more range than Jonny, Jonny has more of a raspy type of voice with a nice range to it, but honestly Tilian presents more versatility because he can cover Kurt's parts spot on and Jonny's too so everyone BITCHIN about this and that Tilian is probrably the best of both worlds hell at least give the guy a chance, I'm sure the next dgd album will be the best they could do and honestly dgd has top tier musicians in that band anyone who thinks differently probrably likes we came as Romans or Saosin with out Anthony Green, to say cove rober sings better than tilian is just a bullshitter if that was the case he'd still be in Saosin and they'd still be making music but look where they are at!

Dgd is gonna explode if everything goes right
12:05 PM on 11/19/12
George_mm
Seaworld or go the fuck home
User Info.
Tillian is one of my favorite singers, still waiting on his pop solo album. I think Tillian did better than Jonny in Emarosa and I think he'll be better than Jonny in DGD. But then again I really only liked the Kurt DGD albums (happiness + zach garren ftw).

It's sad that Tilian is such a talented singer and he'll be sharing vocal duties with the obnoxiously horrible Jon Mess. I know some people love him for whatever reason but I can't stand screaming in general, let alone his scratchy harshness and incoherent lyrical style.
I will never understand how people think Jon Mess is good

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version