Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 42 of 42
10:18 AM on 11/17/12
ninthandash
ninthandash.com
User Info.
First two raps are pretty awesome IMHO. the lean wit it rock wit it kills it.
10:25 AM on 11/17/12
ValleyForge
User Info.
Love this song...You should see just how popular these guys are in their home town (Columbus). They sell out shows like all get out.

And for those who don't like the bridge/breakdown/whatever part at the end...it's obviously ironic. Listen to the lyrics:

Lean with it, rock with it
When we gonna stop with it?
Lyrics that mean nothing
We were gifted with thought

Is it time to move our feet
To an introspective beat
It ain't the speakers that bump hard
It's our hearts that make the beat
04:03 PM on 11/17/12
TomFoolery
one time I went to the superbowl
User Info.
Love this song...You should see just how popular these guys are in their home town (Columbus). They sell out shows like all get out.

And for those who don't like the bridge/breakdown/whatever part at the end...it's obviously ironic. Listen to the lyrics:

Lean with it, rock with it
When we gonna stop with it?
Lyrics that mean nothing
We were gifted with thought

Is it time to move our feet
To an introspective beat
It ain't the speakers that bump hard
It's our hearts that make the beat
Love that part
05:42 PM on 11/17/12
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
Yikes. That sucked.
06:38 PM on 11/17/12
Haartleey
WebsterHallNYC
User Info.
columbus represent.
11:40 PM on 11/17/12
stuckonsmile
Singer; songwriter youtube/mrowks
User Info.
I dig it. Who knows how far it will catch on, but I wish them luck--they're nothing but nice guys.
07:56 AM on 11/18/12
yourbiggestflan
Wiw-yum Penn Eye-way!
User Info.
Band puts on an unbelievable live show. It's two midwest kids doing what they love for the right reasons.

Word. Just saw them last night and they were great. I've never heard of them before and I normally don't listen to this kind of stuff a lot, but they have talented and sound really great.
03:53 PM on 11/18/12
Meeze
PunkOut.org
User Info.
I think these guys will be big. They are accessible, fascinating, and most importantly...entertaining.
12:38 AM on 11/19/12
imdavidjahns
David Jahns
User Info.
I'll admit at times the rapping was weird and gimmicky, yes, but I'll give this band another chance once their new album drops. I want them to be better than this song.

Yeah but your favorite song is "Ohio is for lovers". And ironically they are from Ohio.
12:45 AM on 11/19/12
imdavidjahns
David Jahns
User Info.
I'll admit at times the rapping was weird and gimmicky, yes, but I'll give this band another chance once their new album drops. I want them to be better than this song.

...and they're actually awesome. Got to watch them almost every night for two weeks last year. Never got bored.
09:00 AM on 11/19/12
mikenewsbears
Bad News Bears / Mike
User Info.
First two raps are pretty awesome IMHO. the lean wit it rock wit it kills it.

My exact thoughts. As soon as he started rapping, "Lean wit it, rock wit it," I didn't know what to think. Like someone mentioned before, it comes off more gimmicky at that point than being authentic.

Overall, I still think the song could be a HUGE hit. The verse have a fresh sound you wouldnt typically hear on the radio, and the "ah" in that pre-chours rule pretty hard. The chorus is catchy, and I'm also glad they went into that bridge after the second verse instead of another chorus (bridge instrumentation was pretty rad too). Even when the "lean wit it" part came in, they some how managed to save it and make it work with the way the arrangement built up. Just my opinon. Everyone's free to think what they want. That's why there's multiple genres of music. Everyone wins.

Still really interested to hear this album. Fueled By Ramen has been on fire lately with mainstream releases. They're doing big things.
11:46 AM on 11/19/12
gengen
Listen To Saves The Day
User Info.
i like this band but i think this will be an FBR dud.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos