Username
Password
Stolen News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Stolen
Inside AP.net

A Brighter Life Has Van Stolen

Posted by: Christian Wagner (11/18/12)
A Brighter Life's van was stolen recently after only having it for 2 months. The band is trying to replace what was stolen with another van so the group can get back on the road. You can check out the fundraising campaign here.

Displaying posts 1 - 12 of 12
11:00 PM on 11/18/12
honkytonk
Fedoras, limit 1 per group.
User Info.
Obligatory joke about it now being a darker life.

But seriously, this sucks. Hope these guys can get the funding they need.
02:56 AM on 11/19/12
ssbsts1988
Freelance Graphic Designer
User Info.
Are bands not able to get insurance on vans and trailers? Because this happens so often surely its money well spent?
06:18 AM on 11/19/12
jimmyeatsboys
User Info.
Are bands not able to get insurance on vans and trailers? Because this happens so often surely its money well spent?
yes, you can... however, you have to be working with a good insurance company (most bands go for cheap) and you have to keep up with exactly what you are carrying in the van. For instance, a policy does not exist where you can just say "i want to cover $10,000 in musical equipment that will also be in the van"... you need to document every guitar, amp, mic, etc.

for instance, in order to cover the equipment in my house i can't just say "i have two $2,000 guitars and three $1,000 microphones and also about $5,000 in other shit". i had to get appraisals, receipts, etc for all of my equipment. and of course, you need to get the police involved right away... hope they do their job correctly... and then hope your insurance company does the same.
06:20 AM on 11/19/12
bombay
professional ocelot
User Info.
"back on the road" is an interesting choice of words
07:59 AM on 11/19/12
Samprattsap
User Info.
"back on the road" is an interesting choice of words
Why is that?
09:03 AM on 11/19/12
bombay
professional ocelot
User Info.

"back on the road" implies that they were on the road and it seems like they tour a lot or travel a lot but the last time they toured was for maybe two weeks almost a year ago, not in the stolen van, and were in the process of booking like an 8 day tour or something for sometime in December

it sucks that they got their van stolen but the word choice bothers me, maybe "help us get out on the road" seems more fitting
09:11 AM on 11/19/12
scormier2
User Info.
"back on the road" implies that they were on the road and it seems like they tour a lot or travel a lot but the last time they toured was for maybe two weeks almost a year ago, not in the stolen van, and were in the process of booking like an 8 day tour or something for sometime in December

it sucks that they got their van stolen but the word choice bothers me, maybe "help us get out on the road" seems more fitting
They may do regional dates a lot. I know nothing about this band but plenty of smaller bands can be playing a show or two a weekend within 5 or 6 hours of home and not touring yet.

Regardless, sucks to have you van stolen.
09:33 AM on 11/19/12
bombay
professional ocelot
User Info.
They may do regional dates a lot. I know nothing about this band but plenty of smaller bands can be playing a show or two a weekend within 5 or 6 hours of home and not touring yet.

Regardless, sucks to have you van stolen.
oh yeah i know, i know plenty of bands that do that but this just isnt one, i mean they occasionally go out of the city or out of state but not too often. i know they were planning on going out more but all i was saying is back on the road is just funny to me
09:36 AM on 11/19/12
Gabeasl
Audiostrobelight
User Info.

They do a good amount of regional work and did some touring earlier this year. They played the "All In This Together" Tour kickoff show with us, On My Honor, and Above the Underground in Knoxville back at the beginning of September as a part of a run I believe. Pretty sure it was with the new van too.

Good dudes. Wouldn't wish this upon anyone.
10:41 AM on 11/19/12
mattdbf
Divided by Friday
User Info.

Who cares how it's worded? They're good dudes, with good jams, and this sucks for anyone. Don't be a dick about it
11:16 AM on 11/19/12
bombay
professional ocelot
User Info.
Who cares how it's worded? They're good dudes, with good jams, and this sucks for anyone. Don't be a dick about it
definitely wasnt trying to be a dick, and i never said that it didnt suck, in fact i said specifically that it did, i was just saying that the wording was strange to me
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests