AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 53
12:47 PM on 11/19/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
So you've gone through AA or similar programs? Don't mischaracterize what the steps and program is ... that's extremely harmful.
12:49 PM on 11/19/12
domotime2
Lee Corvallo's Putting Challenge
User Info.
papa john's fired her?
12:49 PM on 11/19/12
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.
So you've gone through AA or similar programs? Don't mischaracterize what they are ... that's extremely harmful.
i know what the program is; obviously this is a very different circumstance. but at the same time, AA is built around the people inflicted with alcoholism helping each other get better and have a support system. on a very surface level, this isn't too much different. someone with relationship problems is giving their take on the world of relationships based on their own experience. like AA, it's not going to work for everyone and see a 100% success rate, but I don't think it's the worst thing in the world or even the least bit shocking.
12:50 PM on 11/19/12
15 Step
User Info.
advice 1: stalk the guy until he notices you.
advice 2: if he doesn't like you, then write a song about how gay he is.
advice 3: never ever ever ever ever get back with him
advice 4: always act like you're 17, even if you're 22
12:50 PM on 11/19/12
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
that is the name of this site, correct.
01:00 PM on 11/19/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
i know what the program is; obviously this is a very different circumstance. but at the same time, AA is built around the people inflicted with alcoholism helping each other get better and have a support system. on a very surface level, this isn't too much different. someone with relationship problems is giving their take on the world of relationships based on their own experience. like AA, it's not going to work for everyone and see a 100% success rate, but I don't think it's the worst thing in the world or even the least bit shocking.
This is quite a different take compared to your original, "isn't AA asking a patient to cure their own disease?" Your follow-up isn't saying that as you add a variety of qualifiers. As someone that's been through a similar program, and has spent a lot of time studying the 12 steps of AA ... I find a characterization of the patient curing their own disease extremely misguided if not harmful and blatantly wrong.
01:00 PM on 11/19/12
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
The real question is why should we even care she's writing for Seventeen? I think that covers a good .000000000010% of the people that visit here.
01:08 PM on 11/19/12
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.
This is quite a different take compared to your original, "isn't AA asking a patient to cure their own disease?" Your follow-up isn't saying that as you add a variety of qualifiers. As someone that's been through a similar program, and has spent a lot of time studying the 12 steps of AA ... I find a characterization of the patient curing their own disease extremely misguided if not harmful and blatantly wrong.
fair points, Jason.
01:09 PM on 11/19/12
cut!print
Keep me simple, unplug my head.
User Info.

I must agree with Jason on this one, as I am a member of AA and have gone through the step work more than once, I don't think it has to do with patient-to-patient anything. Especially because they specifically state that there isn't actually a cure.
01:15 PM on 11/19/12
blackmold
Bro
User Info.
The real question is why should we even care she's writing for Seventeen? I think that covers a good .000000000010% of the people that visit here.

It's just posted here so people can make shitty jokes.
01:16 PM on 11/19/12
StatlerWaldorf
User Info.
Statler: She must be running out of ideas?
Waldorf: Yeah, she has to write about other people's relationships now too, I guess.

Ooooh ohoho o ho ho ho oh!!!!!!!!!!!
01:24 PM on 11/19/12
Who Is Ryan?
???
User Info.
01:33 PM on 11/19/12
nowFace
Merry xmas from The Sopranos.
User Info.
Am I the only one who doesn't find her attractive....at all? She is super pale, skinny, and just plays awful music. That should be enough.
01:52 PM on 11/19/12
Dlemert
User Info.
Would date her. Would never take dating advice from her.
01:59 PM on 11/19/12
steve187
nah
User Info.
Am I the only one who doesn't find her attractive....at all? She is super pale, skinny, and just plays awful music. That should be enough.

yea

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version