Displaying posts 60 - 75 of 85.
11:06 AM on 11/19/12
ChaseTx
He's an acquired taste.
11:08 AM on 11/19/12
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
He can also write a catchy vocal melody, which Jonny hasn't done since the first dtbm
spoken like someone who's never listened to emarosa or jonny's solo work.
11:14 AM on 11/19/12
Micah511
Let's Talk About Your Hair
User Info.
spoken like someone who's never listened to emarosa or jonny's solo work.
hilarious, because ive listened to all of it. i used to be a jonny fanboy. look, i like emarosa, but their entire first album has 2-3 maybe memorable vocal melodies. a melody is different than having a great voice. hes just not that good at writing catchy songs. it got a little better on the second album, but that might be due to emarosa dumbing down the instruments to make it easier to write melodies. Solo material? The best song of his solo career was one written with the guys from Closure in Moscow. DGD's DTBMII does not have a single memorable chorus, which is why i say the albums with kurt are better. he might not be as talented of a singer, but i can remember every hook of every song he sang with DGD, which is way more than i can say for jonny.
11:40 AM on 11/19/12
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
Both of Saosin's full lengths are SO BLAND... Fans reactions and critical reception has not been kind to them. There is an overwhelming argument for their irrelevancy. And yes I know Translating and even the subsequent ep were legendary.

Im not replying to your comments on dgd because i dont necessarily agree/disagree with them. At least even if I or anyone else hated any dgd song, no one could ever accuse them of being boring or indistinguishable from any other bands.

Their newest full length absolutely fell short of what that band is capable of, mostly due to a poor performance from Cove. But to say their first full length with him was bland is insulting. The song structuring and vocals on that album far surpass anything DGD has done, and it's sold better as well. Saosin has a much wider fan base thanks to that album and everything they did with Anthony before that is untouchable.

It takes more than a flashy guitarist and a ginger singing about bitches to be considered a great band in my eyes.
11:42 AM on 11/19/12
Micah511
Let's Talk About Your Hair
User Info.
Their newest full length absolutely fell short of what that band is capable of, mostly due to a poor performance from Cove. But to say their first full length with him was bland is insulting. The song structuring and vocals on that album far surpass anything DGD has done, and it's sold better as well. Saosin has a much wider fan base thanks to that album and everything they did with Anthony before that is untouchable.

It takes more than a flashy guitarist and a ginger singing about bitches to be considered a great band in my eyes.
dance gavin dance are great in my book because of songs like carl barker, dont tell dave, and uneasy hearts weigh the most. if jonny dgd is all youve listened to, kurt dgd is rather refreshing.
11:44 AM on 11/19/12
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
I will never understand how people think Jon Mess is good

Agreed. The fact that he doesn't even really have a scream, but more so just a rasp noise, and his lyrics which don't really ever make sense.. The dude really isn't even a vocalist.

I even recall him saying once that he laughed at a fan for getting his lyrics tattoo'd because the fans read the stuff and think its gold on paper when none of it is serious.
11:57 AM on 11/19/12
PandaBear!
\m/ (-.-) \m/
User Info.
I can see it sound a lot like DBM1 music-wise, with lots of spacey, delay-heavy guitars 'cause thats what suits Tillians voice imo. High hopes right here, as DGD haven't disappointed me yet!
12:20 PM on 11/19/12
Skinny blaque
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Jon Mess is the shit better and more unique than the majority of the screamers in the scene as far as originality goes
12:26 PM on 11/19/12
Djentleman
User Info.
"dance gavin dance"

not DGD without Jonny Craig. break up already, frauds
12:29 PM on 11/19/12
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
dance gavin dance are great in my book because of songs like carl barker, dont tell dave, and uneasy hearts weigh the most. if jonny dgd is all youve listened to, kurt dgd is rather refreshing.

I do listen to some of their stuff still. I won't say that I don't like all of their work, and Kurt on record did well. Though his live show wasn't that great.
12:30 PM on 11/19/12
_veges_
User Info.
I'm actually excited to listen to a DGD album now. Is that weird?
12:52 PM on 11/19/12
pepster50
User Info.
dont get the hate for DBM2. Loved all the albums but that was probably my favorite. Only thing that i though wasn't as good as past releases was the drums. Guitarwork was amazing on DBM2.
12:56 PM on 11/19/12
Your Milkshake
...I drink it
User Info.

I myself like almost half of that album well enough. I dont think its a stretch to call a good chunk of that album bland though. Im not trying to discredit Saosin at all, theyve progressed post hardcore and alternative music as we know it. I am a fan in the end and used to call them one of my favorite bands but pretty much all of their fanbase knows that theres been a dip in quality for the longest time with them. Just go to the saoboards and take a look around.

tldr; Saosin is an important band but no one expects them to return in all their former glory. Therefore, the possibility of new material surfacing is arguably irrelevant because of their recent track record.
01:11 PM on 11/19/12
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
Next best option to Tillian going back to Tides of Man, which is the only thing I want for Christmas.
01:34 PM on 11/19/12
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
hilarious, because ive listened to all of it. i used to be a jonny fanboy. look, i like emarosa, but their entire first album has 2-3 maybe memorable vocal melodies. a melody is different than having a great voice. hes just not that good at writing catchy songs. it got a little better on the second album, but that might be due to emarosa dumbing down the instruments to make it easier to write melodies. Solo material? The best song of his solo career was one written with the guys from Closure in Moscow. DGD's DTBMII does not have a single memorable chorus, which is why i say the albums with kurt are better. he might not be as talented of a singer, but i can remember every hook of every song he sang with DGD, which is way more than i can say for jonny.
i think the second emarosa album is way better than anything dance gavin dance has ever released.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests