Username
Password

Comments: Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 89
02:06 PM on 11/19/12
t00latef0rr0ses
Purple Monkey Dishwasher
User Info.
They are recording Mookie's Last Christmas Pt. 2.
02:08 PM on 11/19/12
NationalProduct
User Info.
anyone know whos singing? im curious
02:12 PM on 11/19/12
PetitnaindesĪles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
User Info.
I bet my left nut that Anthony Green will be singing on the next record.
i'll give my right nut if it happens.
02:13 PM on 11/19/12
theHECKLER
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I still would love to have an instrumental album. But that's just me.

Were you impressed with the instrumentals they released recently? I was let down by those tracks. I figured they would be awesome but they felt kinda boring IMO.
02:16 PM on 11/19/12
theHECKLER
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Hope this happens
02:19 PM on 11/19/12
Beej 347
twitter.com/billrepublic
User Info.
brandon bolmer should do vocals
02:20 PM on 11/19/12
parkerisjolley
User Info.
I remember back when their s/t full length came out they were on the cover of altpress and I remember cove saying in the interview if he ever left the band he didn't think they would go on, but right after one of the guitarists said that if cove left chances are he would take over on vocals, I'm pretty sure if was beau who said that. of course, this was a really long time ago
02:26 PM on 11/19/12
Spencer Control
Yeah I still burn from time to time
User Info.
I still would love to have an instrumental album. But that's just me.
Me too. I wouldn't mind standard Saosin either, though... although getting standard Saosin is a pretty low chance.
02:51 PM on 11/19/12
sordanj
Philadelphia, PA
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
These guys were on the forefront of the post-hardcore scene back in the day, they really were so influential in shaping a sect of the scene in the last few years. I really think their time has passed, and I doubt anything they release will ever be relevant again. I see them going more mainstream metalcore-esque to cash in on current trends and getting by largely on their name alone.

The only way they'd have a chance getting back on top is if they somehow got Anthony to do either a reunion tour, a song, or even an album. Which will never, ever, ever, ever happen.
03:19 PM on 11/19/12
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
You would not say that without anonymity!
03:24 PM on 11/19/12
bobcatbob18
Hang your secrets
User Info.
Just as long as their drummer keeps drumming, I will listen to whatever he plays in. Dude is a super underrated beast and really creative.
03:26 PM on 11/19/12
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
They fell off for two reasons. Their first EP and first LP were both amazing, even if they had different vocalists. Then they tried to write a lot more songs like You're Not Alone (or, possibly, I Never Wanted To, which Cove told me was his favourite of their songs) for their follow-up and it fell flat. The songwriting was mostly uninspired and the production was poor.
Secondly, Cove's voice dropped off. Some people didn't think he could sing live to start with but I saw them every time they toured Australia, on their own, with the Taste of Chaos tour (remember those?), with the Soundwave Tour, with Story of the Year. Cove sounded and performed great until that last tour, when he seemed uninterested and his vox were off. Shortly after he was dropped.

This band is one album (albeit quite a few years -- six, I think) removed from a killer record. I'm holiding onto some hope.
03:27 PM on 11/19/12
Peerless
User Info.
That picture doesn't mean squat diddly.

Could be any one of the Saosin members doing 'studio work' for another project or band. I'm pretty sure Beau is a producer. He could totally be producing or working on something else.
03:52 PM on 11/19/12
Atavistic
User Info.
I don't get people saying they want an instrumental album. The last record was very bland in all areas.
04:14 PM on 11/19/12
SteveD
It won't snow where she is going.
User Info.
I don't understand how this band catches so much heat in the scene. They are great. Sure Cove was terrible live, but this still wrote some amazing tracks.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos