Password

12:21 PM on 11/22/12 
User Info.
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
Indianapolis
Male - 28 Years Old
Staff Member
Someone was tackled (you can clearly see his elbows and knee down) and he decided he was going to pretend he wasn't tackled and he got up and kept running and "scored". The refs decided this was valid and nonrenewable. I don't understand the rules behind it, but either way, even as someone who is rooting for the Texans in this game I'm pissed. That was such a horrid call.

So it's a bad rule, but it's week 12, the coach needs to know this. Schwartz is a hot head and fucked up.
12:22 PM on 11/22/12 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
You make a determination that the call wasn't as bad, before asking what the call actually was. This doesn't strike as being stupid? Because it was fucking stupid.
12:23 PM on 11/22/12 
User Info.
majinsharingan
Erase All Pictures of Ron
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
So it's a bad rule, but it's week 12, the coach needs to know this. Schwartz is a hot head and fucked up.

If something is blatantly wrong there should not be a rule in place that allows the refs to ignore that. Yeah, he should know of the rule, but still, the rule is absolute horseshit.
12:25 PM on 11/22/12 
User Info.
EndlessPrisoner
No Avatar Selected
College Park, MD
Male
If something is blatantly wrong there should not be a rule in place that allows the refs to ignore that. Yeah, he should know of the rule, but still, the rule is absolute horseshit.

yup.
drew just thinks it's wrong because it's a packer rival.
12:27 PM on 11/22/12 
User Info.
cryates
User Title
Rossville, Georgia
Male - 26 Years Old
The rule should be changed to this: If you throw a flag on a play that is automatically reviewable, you will receive a 15-yard penalty as result of throwing the flag but the play will still be reviewed so that the correct call is still made in the end.
12:27 PM on 11/22/12 
User Info.
spiffa0
I am the Third Revelation
Westmont, NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
Yeah I don't get why they would make a rule that can eliminate the possibility of the correct call to be made. Hopefully it changes next year.
12:29 PM on 11/22/12 
User Info.
EndlessPrisoner
No Avatar Selected
College Park, MD
Male
The rule should be changed to this: If you throw a flag on a play that is automatically reviewable, you will receive a 15-yard penalty as result of throwing the flag but they play will still be reviewed so that the correct call is still made in the end.

100% this.
12:30 PM on 11/22/12 
User Info.
Max_123
@HeyMaxSup
Denver, CO
Male - 22 Years Old
lol what an idiot
User Info.
Drew Beringer
Indianapolis
Male - 28 Years Old
Staff Member
You make a determination that the call wasn't as bad, before asking what the call actually was. This doesn't strike as being stupid? Because it was fucking stupid.
No, I didn't need to know the exact play because it happened in the third quarter and there is still a whole quarter left for the Lions to catch up so it doesn't compare to the Packers-Seahawks game at all.
User Info.
Drew Beringer
Indianapolis
Male - 28 Years Old
Staff Member
yup.
drew just thinks it's wrong because it's a packer rival.
I think it's a bad rule, but it's up to the coach to understand the rules. I don't even consider the Lions a Packers rival because they are such a shitty franchise.
12:31 PM on 11/22/12 
User Info.
Drew Beringer
Indianapolis
Male - 28 Years Old
Staff Member
right, it is a bad rule, but it's the coaches responsibility to know it.
12:32 PM on 11/22/12 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
And if they lose by a anything leas than 8 points its as a direct result of a bullshit blown call, combined with a bullshit rule, that would end their playoff hopes
12:33 PM on 11/22/12 
User Info.
TK
Abstract Thinker
Oklahoma
Male - 23 Years Old
So was that penalty for hitting someone who called fair catch or was it actually a "defenseless receiver" penalty?
12:34 PM on 11/22/12 
User Info.
Drew Beringer
Indianapolis
Male - 28 Years Old
Staff Member
And if they lose by a anything leas than 8 points its as a direct result of a bullshit blown call, combined with a bullshit rule, that would end their playoff hopes
the Lions playoff hopes were basically dead before this game. They have a 7 point lead with 9 minutes left and the ball, you can't compare it to the Packers-Seahawks game.
12:36 PM on 11/22/12 
User Info.
Drew Beringer
Indianapolis
Male - 28 Years Old
Staff Member
basically if I know that challenging a scoring play results in a non reviewable play, then the head coach of a fucking NFL team should know that.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos