AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 49
10:42 PM on 11/22/12
5fikev
User Info.
All three albums transport me somewhere different and they all sound amazing when performed live. Musically speaking, this man would have to mount a giant effort to do something wrong in my eyes with the exception of leaving alexisonfire.
11:27 PM on 11/22/12
phillipjacob
@phillipjacob
User Info.
I have high hopes for this.
11:53 PM on 11/22/12
AussieBoy
User Info.
I hate to but I have to be that guy....RIYL?
I see their name everywhere but have never checked em out...

Rolling Stones
12:33 AM on 11/23/12
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
Hopin' for a more acoustic release. I mean, I like his full band songs, but when it's only just him and his acoustic guitar, it is incredible.
03:04 AM on 11/23/12
Keele
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Agreed. Even if he favours the acoustic guitar like the track Little Hell and has a band behind it. I'm sure no matter what it'll have some great songs though. Each album has, even if I prefer Sometimes.
06:12 AM on 11/23/12
deanster321
BLEGH
User Info.
Honestly, I always found Sometimes to be the weakest. Unpopular opinion time. That said, I love all of his music and hopefully, the song in the Making of Little Hell video that was never released is released here.
Yeah, me as well. I'd much sooner listen to live performances of most of those songs.
07:23 AM on 11/23/12
ChristianLFTW
How YOU doin'?
User Info.
I am satisfied with anything that involves Dallas Green's voice.
07:46 AM on 11/23/12
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Cannot wait
10:38 AM on 11/23/12
dragani
User Info.
Just like Alexisonfire, Dallas' songwriting has gotten progressively better with every album release. Does that mean you should enjoy Little Hell a lot more than Bring Me Your Love or Sometimes ? No.

I'm going to paraphrase (I actually think it was Dallas himself who said it best), but sometimes people are at a particular place in their lives emotionally where they can relate to an artist's music more and create deep connections to songs which essentially plants a seed for future nostalgic unity between person and song. However, had that album come out a year sooner or later, or had the person been at a different state in their lives while listening, it could have impacted them more or less, depending on where their head was at.

I might admit Bring Me Your Love is my favourite City and Colour album, but there's no question his best work is Little Hell.

Also, for those who think he should "go back to acoustic." He hasn't been doing acoustic-only albums since his original demos leaked (when the band was just him under his own name, before City and Colour existed). Listen to Sometimes again and pay attention to the amount of songs using the full band -- they're definitely there, just not as obvious as his latest two releases.
11:22 AM on 11/23/12
Helen Keller.
Moustache Cash Stash
User Info.
Yeah, me as well. I'd much sooner listen to live performances of most of those songs.
Agreed. When I saw him live, they sounded miles better than the studio tracks. I've always thought Sometimes's production is really cold and bland, even though the songs are great. For me, Little Hell was what I related to the most, but everyone has their preferences.
11:23 AM on 11/23/12
Helen Keller.
Moustache Cash Stash
User Info.
Just like Alexisonfire, Dallas' songwriting has gotten progressively better with every album release. Does that mean you should enjoy Little Hell a lot more than Bring Me Your Love or Sometimes ? No.

I'm going to paraphrase (I actually think it was Dallas himself who said it best), but sometimes people are at a particular place in their lives emotionally where they can relate to an artist's music more and create deep connections to songs which essentially plants a seed for future nostalgic unity between person and song. However, had that album come out a year sooner or later, or had the person been at a different state in their lives while listening, it could have impacted them more or less, depending on where their head was at.

I might admit Bring Me Your Love is my favourite City and Colour album, but there's no question his best work is Little Hell.

Also, for those who think he should "go back to acoustic." He hasn't been doing acoustic-only albums since his original demos leaked (when the band was just him under his own name, before City and Colour existed). Listen to Sometimes again and pay attention to the amount of songs using the full band -- they're definitely there, just not as obvious as his latest two releases.
^this. All of this.
12:33 PM on 11/23/12
Dre Okorley
User Info.
Can't wait. He's one of the only (if not the only) acoustic solo artists I like.
12:44 PM on 11/23/12
baton
ftfmusic.net
User Info.
Little Hell was amazing, I enjoyed every single album of his, so can't wait for another one and it doesn't matter what's the main sound for it
05:24 PM on 11/23/12
fternutter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
like most are saying, little hell grows on you after awhile. bmyl was my favorite album but lately i find myself going back to sometimes. either way stoked.
10:26 PM on 11/23/12
Saint Angeles
coulda been a contender
User Info.
... and the long wait begins.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT