Username
Password

07:54 PM on 11/23/12 
User Info.
Argentine
When I die, rap dies; Destiny Bond.
ACTUALLY South Korea
Female
Psyduck is actually decent in Little Cup from what I can tell. I don't play Little Cup though, I'm a man.
08:13 PM on 11/23/12 
User Info.
CheckeredFloors
nah
Male - 20 Years Old
Like I said I've never used it before but it's actually pretty cool. Nothing special but i like it and it's got decent base stats SO YEAH.
09:51 PM on 11/23/12 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 23 Years Old
Verified
ive only played the 3 non-DS versions. i go back and forth between preferring generations 2 and 3. i like that both are pretty long games compared to the first generation, you can beat red/blue in a day.

pros of 2:
-easily the best music. i like every song in this game and it was still 8-bit, i hated Gen 3's corny ass synthesizers
-things happened on specific days of the week and at specific times. i dont know why they got rid of this, it added a whole new dynamic to the game
-take Milotic away from Gen 3, and this one was the hardest game to catch 'em all in, i did it in the others but not this one. (but Milotic alone gives this series a run for its money...)
-a ton of legendary pokemon to attempt to catch. Lugia was TOO good though. you can't be psychic/flying AND learn Hydro Pump AND Recover, not fair
-Tyranitar, an improved Dragonite that actually learns Dragon moves, Kingdra (literally no weaknesses except other dragons!), Scizor, Steelix, Red Gyarados, Espeon, Porygon 2, Bellossom, Hitmontop, Crobat... just a bunch of really cool, exclusive pokemon that were a pain in the ass to get, but rewarding once you did. evolutionary stones were super hard to get too, made it that much more fulfilling to get an Arcanine or something
-This is the only game with useful Bug Pokemon, and they were actually really good. Heracross is one of my favorite pokemon period
-breeding pokemon was the most fun in this game - Pichu, Smoochum, Magby, Elekid, Tyrogue, Cleffa, Togepi, Igglybuff... it's like the possibilities were endless
-you fight Ash under the name of Red, and hilariously it sort of pokes fun at how stupid his pokemon team would be in the games; Pikachu is by far his weakest, Snorlax is his strongest even though he was never used in the series, Bulbasaur and Squirtle are fully evolved
-lots of great trainer battle locations. i liked to challenge myself to make it to the top of the Lighthouse and the Radio Tower (under team rocket siege) without going to a Pokemon Center
-tons of cave exploring. Dark Cave and Mt. Mortar are definitely two of the best in any of the games, Union Cave had some secret areas you couldn't get to early and forgot about, the Whirlpool Islands were a crazy ass maze, and revisiting Mt. Moon was fun. Mt. Silver too, but that one just annoyed me because if you lost to Ash, chances are its because you didnt train enough, so then you had to navigate it all over again later
-Psychic pokemon had the best role. they were still pretty dominant unlike Gen 3, but they were beatable and had clear weaknesses unlike Gen 1

pros of Gen 3:
-running shoes and a faster bike. need i say more?
-Dive is the best HM the game has ever come up with. so much exploring, so many secrets, several pokemon you could only get underwater
-best starting pokemon of any of the three. though i always felt like i was missing out if i didnt pick Torchic
-Fighting pokemon were actually relevant, finally! and super useful throughout the game too, you needed at least one to beat the Elite Four
-Milotic is the hardest pokemon to get in any of the games, and definitely one of the most rewarding. i had one once, between its ridiculously high Special Attack, Special Defense, HP, and the fact that it can Recover, that motherfucker is untouchable
-easily the toughest Gym Leaders and Elite Four. i never beat the Elite Four on my first try in this game (fuck that bitch with the Ghost pokemon, seriously), and the first time i played i lost at least once to every gym leader starting with the third one. Victory Road was really hard too, your pokemon get destroyed by the end and then you have to face Wally and you're like... fuck.
-this relates to the last one, but you definitely had to train in the wild grass, a lot, in this game. sometimes it could get painstaking but the game's too easy if you can beat it just by picking a good team and fighting all the trainers. any real RPG requires a lot of experience gathering
-challenges that acted like mini games separate from the usual gameplay -- Berry Blending, Contests, the Mach Bike challenge, deciphering the Braille codes and then finding the secret spots to catch Regirock, Regice, and Registeel, etc
-actualy come to think of it, the Legendaries in this game were hard as fuck to catch too. Rayquaza can beat your entire team by itself repeatedly before you catch it
-they finally made more dragon pokemon, i cant help myself from training at least one when i play. Salamence, Altaria, and Flygon are all badass
-soooo many secret spots. it took me several times playing through this game before i had really explored the whole map.
-the scenery was really, really good for a gameboy game. the weather changes were a nice touch as well
09:59 PM on 11/23/12 
User Info.
Argentine
ACTUALLY South Korea
Female
not reading that shit
10:06 PM on 11/23/12 
User Info.
WakingTheMisery
<3
Sandbox
Male - 26 Years Old
pros of gen 4:

Glaceon
Leafeon
10:08 PM on 11/23/12 
User Info.
majinsharingan
Erase All Pictures of Ron
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
Didn't know anyone actually used Psy/Golduck

He's not my go to water pokemon or my back-up but I'd definitely use Golduck once in a while.
10:09 PM on 11/23/12 
User Info.
Argentine
ACTUALLY South Korea
Female
Glaceon, Leafeon, Gliscor, Mamoswine, Honchkrow, Empoleon, Drifblim, Gastrodon, Heatran

love gen 4 : (
10:15 PM on 11/23/12 
User Info.
WakingTheMisery
<3
Sandbox
Male - 26 Years Old
Empoleon rules.
10:19 PM on 11/23/12 
User Info.
majinsharingan
Erase All Pictures of Ron
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
Emploeon, Leafeon, Glaceon, Abomasnow, and Drifblim were the only good pokemon. I couldn't even make a full team with how shitty all of the new pokemon were. Gen 5 wasn't all that much better either.
10:21 PM on 11/23/12 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 23 Years Old
Verified

oh hell yeah. now THIS was a hard game to completely beat. it took me years to beat it on the hardest level and i still havent figured out all the University puzzles. i need to get back into playing, every time i come back to it i get better at it
10:23 PM on 11/23/12 
User Info.
Argentine
ACTUALLY South Korea
Female
Emploeon, Leafeon, Glaceon, Abomasnow, and Drifblim were the only good pokemon. I couldn't even make a full team with how shitty all of the new pokemon were. Gen 5 wasn't all that much better either.

How on earth can you hate Gliscor?
10:24 PM on 11/23/12 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 23 Years Old
Verified

thats what i heard, the DS generations they just seemed to run out of ideas. granted i dont know that well because i never wanted to get a DS just for one game. but looking through the moves and skillsets on bulbapedia, they really just seemed to go way over the top and make every pokemon too good. the names and designs also got worse and worse
10:24 PM on 11/23/12 
User Info.
CheckeredFloors
nah
Male - 20 Years Old
Gen 4 is easily the worst.
10:26 PM on 11/23/12 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 23 Years Old
Verified
not reading that shit

meh. the main point i'm trying to put across is at the beginning of each bullet, the rest is just explanations
10:26 PM on 11/23/12 
User Info.
WakingTheMisery
<3
Sandbox
Male - 26 Years Old
Gen 5 is probably my second favorite. Gen 4 is the only one I loathe though.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets