AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
My Chemical Romance News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 71.
10:21 PM on 11/23/12
Seth Robinson
User Info.
These two new songs are fantastic, so were the first two. Black Parade will always be their magnum opus, never to be topped.
Bullets really is a god-awful record. Incredibly shitty production and Gerard's voice was NOWHERE NEAR what it is now. But I understand it because it was a band finding their sound, so I don't really fault them for it.
11:11 PM on 11/23/12
PopPunkKid
extremely old username
User Info.
Danger Days is a fantastic album... and I like these two a lot more than the first two.
11:19 PM on 11/23/12
vmemories
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this new mayday parade songs sound niceĦĦ hahahaha
11:48 PM on 11/23/12
zporter92
User Info.
Ambulance is fantastic. I've started to like this band since Danger Days came out, before then I was incredibly turned off by their fans at the schools I went to. Glad to see they're releasing some new(ish) stuff
12:04 AM on 11/24/12
Robb
the last light of a dying star
User Info.
Both are very poppy, I liked the previous batch better, but these are alright.
Basically my thoughts. I loved part 1, so the fact that this can't compete isn't too shocking.

Ambulance is the much better song. It sounds like it was written while listening to lots of Queen and, well, Black Parade (which almost sounds redundant).

Gun sounds like a fun b-side, but that's all I'll give it.
12:05 AM on 11/24/12
Robb
the last light of a dying star
User Info.
As a person, who immensely enjoys everything since Three Cheers, I must say, these songs sound great. Definitely not worse than th previous two like many of you are saying...

Edit: Honestly, I have no idea what you people are complaining about, both songs sound amazing, esp. Ambulance, they're not as heavy/raw as the first two, but it's actually for the better.
Is the endgame of Conventional Weapons to release an album's worth of material, two songs at a time? If so, once we've gotten more songs, I think a much stronger balance will be achieved.
12:07 AM on 11/24/12
Ricketts
@allenricketts
User Info.
I think Gun is going to seriously grow on people. I can't get it out of my head. "If I'm old enough to die for your mistakes/ can we bleed enough to fill up what the engine takes?" That's some good, good shit.
12:13 AM on 11/24/12
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
User Info.
so proud of this band
01:08 AM on 11/24/12
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
Both songs rule, although I liked better the other two songs they released a while ago. Can't wait to purchase this b-sides record.
01:37 AM on 11/24/12
doxa_lu
protosteamcybercrust
User Info.
Gun. is such a catchy little tune. Ambulance to me is the lesser of the two. Gun. is a song i would love for them to add to their setlist. Along with Bob Bryar :p
04:59 AM on 11/24/12
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Enough of the Danger Days hate, if anything, and hate me if you must, I think Bullets was my least favorite record of theirs.
I do hate you.
Didn't realize people hated Danger Days. Call me crazy, but I think it's their best album to date.
you are crazy.
Black Parade>Sweet Revenge>Danger Days>>>>>>>Bullets imo
so are you.
and you.
and I like these two a lot more than the first two.
not as crazy, sill crazy.
These two new songs are fantastic, so were the first two. Black Parade will always be their magnum opus, never to be topped.
Bullets really is a god-awful record. Incredibly shitty production and Gerard's voice was NOWHERE NEAR what it is now. But I understand it because it was a band finding their sound, so I don't really fault them for it.
biggest crazy of all. Parade is nowhere near the first two imo and it's still a top 10 record for me. Gerard's voice wasn't as cleanly produced as it is now but his performance on that album is incredible. Easily the most passionate work he's done, with almost no production on it, mostly done one or two takes. His voice fucking soars on shit like "Drowning Lessons" and the ending of "Early Sunsets Over Monroeville" is one of my favourite things he's ever done vocally. and they had a sound on that album that was entirely their own, nothing else sounds like that album.
07:53 AM on 11/24/12
Born_For_This
Registered Member
User Info.
So much better than Danger Days, although the first two were better
07:55 AM on 11/24/12
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
I think the only song worse than these on DD is Sing.
08:28 AM on 11/24/12
ShotgunGold
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Danger Days is their best album. The band had a brilliant concept and executed it flawlessly.

New songs are great as well - loving Ambulance. Gonna be listening to them for a while!!

EDIT: Ok I wanted to buy these songs but the 7" singles are £7.99 each. Thats 12.80 dollars! Are the records that expensive in America??? Are MCR ripping people off???

It would cost me £40/$64 for 10 songs!! Could just go DD but I've never been keen on downloading.

Will MCR be pressing an actual 'Conventional Weapons' album? Have they said anything about that?
08:41 AM on 11/24/12
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Danger Days is their best album. The band had a brilliant concept and executed it flawlessly.

New songs are great as well - loving Ambulance. Gonna be listening to them for a while!!

EDIT: Ok I wanted to buy these songs but the 7" singles are £7.99 each. Thats 12.80 dollars! Are the records that expensive in America??? Are MCR ripping people off???

It would cost me £40/$64 for 10 songs!! Could just go DD but I've never been keen on downloading.

Will MCR be pressing an actual 'Conventional Weapons' album? Have they said anything about that?
Idk, I think the main point of them doing them as individual vinyls are to keep it as separate songs so it isn't viewed as an actual album. They had a set you could get for like 50 which I got but that's sold out now. They may end up putting a cd out after seeing as a lot of people want one but I'm not sure. I think they're just doing a limited number of vinyl and then going with digital downloads for the rest though..
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests