Ampharos is a top 10 for me.
02:22 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 23 Years Old
Verified
i'm a bigger magneton fan. the part steel type makes it have a defensive edge, most electric pokemon are weak on defense so that makes it more versatile. it also has ridiculously good special attack, all the electric moves pack a serious punch.
02:32 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
WakingTheMisery
<3
TX/NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
I try to stick with mono-type electrics. I like having a very small weakness base. I also love Manetric.
03:11 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
i'm a bigger magneton fan. the part steel type makes it have a defensive edge, most electric pokemon are weak on defense so that makes it more versatile. it also has ridiculously good special attack, all the electric moves pack a serious punch.

Yeah, I agree completely with your reasoning for liking Magneton more, I think my bias lies in the opinion that I just think he's the coolest-looking electric type out there aside from maybe Zapdos haha
03:12 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
majinsharingan
Erase All Pictures of Ron
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
Magnetric? Raichu? Raikou?
03:35 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
CheckeredFloors
nah
Male - 21 Years Old
since when does starmie blow i was unaware of this

I mean, staryu didn't become available until undella town when all my Pokemon were at like level 40. Sif I was gonna wait that long to get a good water type in my team.

You blow.
03:56 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
boiledfrogs
toronto
Male - 22 Years Old
I mean, staryu didn't become available until undella town when all my Pokemon were at like level 40. Sif I was gonna wait that long to get a good water type in my team.

You blow.

i mean you could have caught an eevee in castelia and evolved into vaporeon
04:04 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 23 Years Old
Verified
Starmie is one of my favorites from the original games. it's tough in a lot of ways and can learn a lot of cool moves.
04:13 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
CheckeredFloors
nah
Male - 21 Years Old
I mean, I thought about it but then decided I didn't want one because I've already used vaporeon heaps.

Only other options until like way later were marill, frillicent and psyduck. If I'd known it'd be so limited I'd have used the water starter thing.
04:42 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
JesusV2
So it goes
ACTUALLY South Korea
Male - 23 Years Old
Porygon-Z is my jam

Also Electivire is the bees knees of electric types
04:48 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
Kris_Gontz9
Anklebiters.
Santiago, Chile.
Male - 20 Years Old
Luxray for me (L) favorite electric ever, badass design and cool moves.
04:57 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
BornUnderPunches
I am not a dirty god
--------------------
Male
Raikou/Suicune/Entei > Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres
05:02 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
Kris_Gontz9
Anklebiters.
Santiago, Chile.
Male - 20 Years Old
Because 5 was a new game. Sure, the Pokemon were essentially recycles, but at least they didn't just add a bunch of shitty evolutions and call it a new generation. There is ton to love about it.

Well i guess i prefer that over garbage, shitty mecha pokemon uninspired and horrible as they could be (the color palettes with some of them are incredibly horrid, don't know what happened, and those legendaries? wow). And besides from that fact, generation 4 added many good mechanics to the game, and improved everything from the past ones.(i.e the Pokeathlon in HG or digging in D/P/Pt,). I don't know, i guess the pokemon design is the crucial deciding factor for me.

You answered your own question right there. It's a completely new story. Even though the pokemon look like shit, they still work like normal pokemon haha. Same kind of gameplay but with a new, more unique story this time!

Well, yeah. I don't know if they developed the concept correctly/succesfully... but Team Plasma's premise was actually logical. And N is such a cool character IMO. I can't even remember the names of the leaders of magma, aqua or galactic, (that were all awful villians, to be honest) but this one is quite unforgettable i think.

What do you guys think of the possibility of a Emerald Remake for Generation 6? (or 5). It's a speculation that's going around in the fanbase...
05:04 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
yourbiggestflan
Wiw-yum Penn Eye-way!
Bethlehem, PA
Male - 23 Years Old
First gen for nostalgia, although if I played them today I'd probably enjoy 2nd gen more.

I need to buy a Game Boy Color.

i just did that a few months ago. Great decision. I'm rockin' Pokemon Blue so hard again. great memories.
09:48 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
majinsharingan
Erase All Pictures of Ron
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
Raikou/Suicune/Entei > Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres

At first I quoted this to disagree, but then I realized I hate Zapdos and love all 3 of the dogs.

I love your winter avatar by the way.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version