Username
Password

10:07 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
WakingTheMisery
<3
TX/NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
Never liked the dogs much. HATED the lake spirits. Not sure how I feel about the swordsman. Love the birds. Water/Earth/Air are my favorites.
11:05 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
Dodge725
Roll Tide Roll
Tuscaloosa
Male - 21 Years Old
Gold/Silver. Old ones are the best and these were longest and most fun of the Game Boy Era.
09:23 AM on 11/25/12 
User Info.
PaperLantern
New Valencia in 2010!
Wichita, Kansas
Male
2 > 1 > 5 = 3 > 4

Always tough deciding between Gen 2 and 1, but 2 gets the edge because the games were just amazing, and some of my favorite Pokemon are from Gen 2. And I really really want a remake of Ruby/Sapphire. I get so nostalgic when I think about those games and all the cool features they had. Diving, SECRET BASES, that awesome volcano, the weather system, and some pretty cool Pokemon. Gen 3 games were by far the most exotic Pokemon games released.
09:26 AM on 11/25/12 
User Info.
stuckonsmile
Singer; songwriter youtube/mrowks
Buffalo, NY
Male - 25 Years Old
Playing Black 2. A lot of the pokémon look awful, but plenty grow on me. And anytime I run across a new one, I'm still excited as ever.
I've got to say "Silver," "Yellow" (for the minigames and pikachu), "Sapphire, and "Pearl" are my favorites.

To anyone grobbling about any pokemon beyond the "original 150," the second generation always existed, they just were introduced over time. (In the first episode of the TV show, Ash sees Ho-oh.) I will say that this current generation of Pokémon has me hoping the next one is a ton better.
10:54 AM on 11/25/12 
User Info.
schlotty
See you later, Joben!
Omaha, Nebraska
Male - 19 Years Old
I think I go back to Gold/Silver the most. Thought Red Gyrados was the coolest fucking thing.
11:37 AM on 11/25/12 
User Info.
reallyjustizzy
go away
Florida
Female - 17 Years Old
Sapphire was the first pokemon game I ever played when I was 8, but HeartGold is a really well made game. It took me 2 and 1/2 months to reach the Elite Four. Cyndaquil will always be my favorite starter. I was too young to appreciate Gold/Silver when they first came out, so it's great to live out it through the remakes.
11:39 AM on 11/25/12 
User Info.
PengusNiugnep
PUT ON YOUR WAR PAINT
Blacksburg, VA
Male - 21 Years Old
Anyways, anyone in this thread have some love for this little guy?

I love Ampharos! It's definitely my favorite Electric-type, and it's in my top 10 Pokémon period.

As for favorite game, SoulSilver is my favorite because I love Johto, but I love all the newer mechanics it has over Gen II (including all the extra Pokémon).
02:04 PM on 11/25/12 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 23 Years Old
Verified
Never liked the dogs much. HATED the lake spirits. Not sure how I feel about the swordsman. Love the birds. Water/Earth/Air are my favorites.

i think they learn a nice variety of moves. one time i trained a Raikou to level 65 or something and could beat the entire Elite Four with that pokemon alone, all i needed was a couple Ethers so he wouldnt run out of moves.
03:14 PM on 11/25/12 
User Info.
Kris_Gontz9
Anklebiters.
Santiago, Chile.
Male - 20 Years Old
Playing Black 2. A lot of the pokémon look awful, but plenty grow on me. And anytime I run across a new one, I'm still excited as ever.
I've got to say "Silver," "Yellow" (for the minigames and pikachu), "Sapphire, and "Pearl" are my favorites.

To anyone grobbling about any pokemon beyond the "original 150," the second generation always existed, they just were introduced over time. (In the first episode of the TV show, Ash sees Ho-oh.) I will say that this current generation of Pokémon has me hoping the next one is a ton better.

Don't forget Togepi and Marrill too. 2nd Gen pokemon introduced quite early in the Anime.
03:15 PM on 11/25/12 
User Info.
majinsharingan
Erase All Pictures of Ron
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
Victreebel is probably one of my favorite pokemon ever now that I think about it. I'm gonna have to make a Top 10 eventually...
08:07 PM on 11/25/12 
User Info.
perceptrons
[ ]
Only played yellow, so that. Pigeot, baby.
09:09 AM on 11/26/12 
User Info.
saturday_snow_squall
www.facebook.com/survaysays
Denville, NJ
Male - 20 Years Old
gold/silver/crystal were revolutionary masterpieces.
11:29 AM on 11/26/12 
User Info.
NewAgeofHorus
Great Barrier Reef
Male - 22 Years Old
Gen 4 is easily the worst.

This. It's like they didnt even try and just evolved good Gen 1 pokemon into ridiculous forms
04:33 PM on 11/26/12 
User Info.
majinsharingan
Erase All Pictures of Ron
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
Wanted to do a Top 5 list but that is impossible so I'm doing a Top 5 of each relevant generation.

Generation I:

1. Victreebell
2. Articuno
3. Snorlax
4. Kingler
5. Rhydon

Generation II:

1. Bayleef
2. Ariados
3. Crobat
4. Entei
5. Houndoom

Generation III:

1. Ludicolo
2. Pelipper
3. Sceptile
4. Breloom
5. Swalot/Grumpig

Generation I and III were extremely hard although looking through the list I was reminded why II is my least favorite of the first two, pokemon wise.
04:39 PM on 11/26/12 
User Info.
deanster321
BLEGH
Birmingham/Huddersfi...
Male - 22 Years Old
Silver was my favourite but Diamond is the most recent I've played and the one with my longest-lived save. I've had the same one since release, which is an achievement considering I used to be really in the habit of starting games over on a whim.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos