Username
Password
Hawthorne Heights News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 58.
12:37 AM on 11/25/12
StepBackLetGo
Try To Wear Your Breakfast Clothes
User Info.
Feel bad to say that I only started listening to them once I heard about his death. They're now one of my favorite bands, and I realize now in retrospect that few works in this scene not only during that time, but today also, could even come close to the dynamic he had built with that group.

Missed.
12:44 AM on 11/25/12
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
Wow that seems like yesterday. Still remember hearing the news. I'm really glad I got to me him.
01:47 AM on 11/25/12
leftapart
User Info.
RIP
02:20 AM on 11/25/12
xxshawn
DANGER CLUB
User Info.
I still remember being at a Chiodos concert the day after it happened, but that was how i found out. Pretty sure Craig or one of the other bands that played that night announced it on stage. I was totally bummed out cause I'd recently gotten super into HH and now there was no way I'd get to see them in their prime. The albums with Casey are still some of my favorites and really turned me on to listening to bands with screaming. RIP Casey.
04:10 AM on 11/25/12
brokenwings
Tear the scene down, start over.
User Info.
Wow, it's been that long?! I still exactly remember reading about his death here.
06:10 AM on 11/25/12
The_Effort
User Info.
Just picked up Silence in Black and White on vinyl. I'll make sure to give it a spin. RIP
07:08 AM on 11/25/12
chrislauren
tiny dots on an endless timeline.
User Info.
It feels like it's been so much longer than that. If I remember correctly, he was married for not too long before he died which just made it that much more sad. RIP, Casey.
10:08 AM on 11/25/12
moneymaker.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
RIP. i saw hawthorne heights multiple times when they still had Casey. arguably one of the best screamers of all time
10:59 AM on 11/25/12
blindrider529
***NICKEL CREEK*** <--GO LISTEN NOW
User Info.
Wow, times flies. What am I doing with my life?
11:09 AM on 11/25/12
PengusNiugnep
@PenguinGengar
User Info.
So horrible. RIP.
12:15 PM on 11/25/12
Freshman15Davey
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I still feel fortunate to have caught that Nintendo Fusion tour to see them headline.

Them and RK right?
12:19 PM on 11/25/12
kazuma_ootaro28
User Info.
RIP Casey, Freddie, ...
12:42 PM on 11/25/12
mrnubnub
User Info.
wonder when jadedpunkhulk is gonna bring the rage
01:03 PM on 11/25/12
jjm1
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
RIP. hopefully, if anything, this shows his fans battling with depression or anything else that even if you are not trying to harm yourself, you must be careful with the medication prescribed. Celexa and klonopin or variations of each are routinely proscribed together, im not sure if they ever said the opiate he was taking but it just shows what can happen when just a few things are mixed together accidentally (although im pretty sure they said death resulting from this was pretty rare)

also, props to the band for being so cool and handling this situation the absolute best way possible. i remember when people on here loved to shit on HH just because it was the "cool" thing to do, but over the years they definitely gained the respect from most people by the way the handled not just this situation, but everything.
01:09 PM on 11/25/12
marsvoltamcr
Registered Member
User Info.
Glad they're still continuing on. Saw HH earlier this year and they're still so great live.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums