Username
Password
Victory Records News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 57.
01:01 PM on 11/25/12
marsvoltamcr
Registered Member
User Info.
Yeah, I prefer the era when bands like this, Drop Dead Gorgeous, Alesana, Greeley Estates, and Sky Eats Airplane were amongst the big bands in the "scene". A lot of it still sounds fresh today, and I honestly can't see anyone saying the same about Woe Is Me or Make Me Famous five years down the road. But maybe I'm just passed the age of "getting it"
01:31 PM on 11/25/12
Stouffs
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Kevin went to Day to Remember...Derek is Mod Sun. These guys have some good stuff nonetheless.
In the acknowledgements for their first two albums they're credited with writing so I feel like anything they come out with just wont be as good.
02:39 PM on 11/25/12
Aneurisms07
User Info.
What A Terrible Thing To Say was a good album.
04:18 PM on 11/25/12
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
Yeah, I prefer the era when bands like this, Drop Dead Gorgeous, Alesana, Greeley Estates, and Sky Eats Airplane were amongst the big bands in the "scene". A lot of it still sounds fresh today
Whoa.
04:56 PM on 11/25/12
mattplayscheap
plays with squirrels
User Info.
they finally replaced him, though i don't know if the new album will have clean vocals or not.

If you're talking about the bro from My American Heart that doesn't count.
05:02 PM on 11/25/12
Brandon Allin
Undisputed Champ
User Info.
The departure of both of them ruined the bands dynamic in my opinion. Derek is an extremely good drummer, and is far more talented at that than his bullshit rap. And Kevin traded in his good guitar work and awesome clean vocals to play breakdowns. Such a waste, I still jam their second album here and there.
You do realize the one ADTR album Kevin has been featured on features a grand total of two songs with breakdowns, right? And that he actually sings some clean vocals on that same record? Okay, just checking.
05:59 PM on 11/25/12
prettyLUSH16
Soundtrack To A Headrush
User Info.
I remember speaking to Mr. Nagan last year, this will most likely be the last 4LL album.
06:24 PM on 11/25/12
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You do realize the one ADTR album Kevin has been featured on features a grand total of two songs with breakdowns, right? And that he actually sings some clean vocals on that same record? Okay, just checking.

Who cares.
06:26 PM on 11/25/12
Brandon Allin
Undisputed Champ
User Info.
Evidently you do, hence your (misinformed) post.
06:46 PM on 11/25/12
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.
Yeah, I prefer the era when bands like this, Drop Dead Gorgeous, Alesana, Greeley Estates, and Sky Eats Airplane were amongst the big bands in the "scene". A lot of it still sounds fresh today, and I honestly can't see anyone saying the same about Woe Is Me or Make Me Famous five years down the road. But maybe I'm just passed the age of "getting it"
Alesana? I always felt they tried sooooooo fucking hard with their theatrical element and it got annoying.
07:02 PM on 11/25/12
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
Kevin went to Day to Remember...Derek is Mod Sun. These guys have some good stuff nonetheless.
good on his part, he's making the fucking bank joining that band over FLL
08:47 PM on 11/25/12
Shatter_Glass
Take Apart Your Head
User Info.
Terrible 04,Underoath rip off... Yawn.
08:55 PM on 11/25/12
JayDanielHammer
solidkneeplus.tumblr.com
User Info.
Terrible 04,Underoath rip off... Yawn.

Ha
11:02 PM on 11/25/12
Miketheunicycle
"Look mom, no hands!"
User Info.
stoked for this. i think a new day is highly underrated.
id be content if this is their last album, im just glad we're getting it. a new day was great, just not something i felt they should go out on. brian is the only member ive met from this band, and am glad that even though 4LL may not be full time anymore, he still cares enough to stick around in the scene.
eagerly anticipate the sounds of this record. i hope they find a good mix between their old sound and a new day. and who knows, if we get a stellar record maybe this will be their comeback.
07:51 AM on 11/26/12
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
If you're talking about the bro from My American Heart that doesn't count.

not him (i wish) but judging by their recent live videos and pictures they're a five piece band again.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests