AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Sum41 News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Sum41
Inside AP.net

Looking Back: Sum 41's "Does This Look...

Posted by: Deborah Remus (11/26/12)
Today we're kicking off a brand new feature where we look back on some of the key releases that are approaching 10th anniversaries. Sum 41's Does This Look Infected? was released on November 26th, 2002 and to start we have an interview with Deryck Whibley, which gets some of his perspective on the release. Feel free to leave your own memories about this record in the replies. My personal memory can be found below.
Looking Back: Sum 41's Does This Look Infected?All Killer, No Filler was the record that got me into Sum 41, but I also know that Does This Look Infected? was the record that solidified my love for this band. I remember leaving my grade 7 math class at the end of the day to grab a copy, which I was luckily able to purchase even though it was rated R in my province because of the DVD that accompanied it. This record went on to become the official soundtrack of my junior high years and I remember that "Billy Spleen" was one of my favourite tracks at the time. I'll also never forget the first show I ever attended, which was seeing Sum 41 play most of these songs at the Burton Cummings Theatre with Billy Talent and Flashlight Brown in May 2003. A lot of people thought I was just going through some phase at the time, but now I'm writing about music and I probably wouldn't be in this position if I didn't listen to this record when I was 12.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 87.
11:58 AM on 11/26/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
So many great hooks on this album.
12:00 PM on 11/26/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Ok, I am convinced, going to go back and listen to Sum 41 today.
12:01 PM on 11/26/12
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
i was attending youth group at my
church when the youth leader said "whoever can bring the most teens with them next week I'll buy a cd for each won in the group" our group one and my brother picked up "does this look infected". the youth pastor saw the album art and was mortified!
awesome album though!

edit: fucked up my one and won. i give up today
12:02 PM on 11/26/12
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
The Hell Song was a jam for me back in the day (Thanks Now 14 haha gulp), but surprisingly it took me a lot more time to get into this genre of music.
12:12 PM on 11/26/12
thatwasamoment
RICH GANNON WAR WAGON
User Info.
this cd kicked ass. the only Sum 41 I owned. saw them tour in support for it with TSL and NUFAN. good times.
12:14 PM on 11/26/12
dmcaloon
www.facebook.com/The30thOfFebruary
User Info.
When I was in 4th grade, I picked up this album and played it everywhere I went. I had one of those portable CD players... haha. This album basically shaped my musical taste, my drumming style, and a lot more. So awesome.

I didn't even want it when my brother first got it for me. I wanted "the one with Fat Lip on it" haha
12:16 PM on 11/26/12
ChaseTx
Entitled user
User Info.
It's funny how the album obviously has a lot of 80's metal influence ("The Bitter End" sounds exactly like Metallica's "Battery"), yet when asked for the influences going into the album, he says the Beatles and Elvis Costello. Haha.

It's probably my favorite of their albums.
12:19 PM on 11/26/12
Crackbaby
Stupid inflatable pants!
User Info.
It's funny how the album obviously has a lot of 80's metal influence ("The Bitter End" sounds exactly like Metallica's "Battery"), yet when asked for the influences going into the album, he says the Beatles and Elvis Costello. Haha.

It's probably my favorite of their albums.
You're talking about Chuck.
12:23 PM on 11/26/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
The Hell Song was a jam for me back in the day (Thanks Now 14 haha gulp), but surprisingly it took me a lot more time to get into this genre of music.

I have a sister who's 13 years older than me and I think that's the only reason I got a head start, haha. I remember she bought me Green Day's Dookie for my 10th birthday.
12:23 PM on 11/26/12
sixmillionways
Ima live 4eva if the good die young
User Info.
chuck was their best
12:24 PM on 11/26/12
Jack Appleby
@JackMEB
User Info.
Awesome feature.
Will never forget The Sums' video.
12:25 PM on 11/26/12
billy_yo
Registered Member
User Info.
i saw this tour last week. they were pretty okay. deryck was off a bit and seemed like he is trying to hard. also he wants to be billie joe armstrong way TOO much
12:25 PM on 11/26/12
billy_yo
Registered Member
User Info.
yes!
12:26 PM on 11/26/12
JayDanielHammer
solidkneeplus.tumblr.com
User Info.
The 2 albums prior to this were their peak. Weird that this album is this important. Even at the age of 15, I was over this band.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS