Password
This Thread is Closed.

06:04 AM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
Wow, beat me to it, hahaha.

Haha great fucking minds think alike my friend.

So you're from Texas--has the fascist Obamacare regime in place down there in red state Texas made YOU get an RFID chip implanted yet? Surely they have...
06:14 AM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
deanster321
BLEGH
Birmingham/Huddersfi...
Male - 23 Years Old
It is their constitutional right to TP the computer labs.
06:18 AM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
CollectiveConfusion
New York NY
Male - 25 Years Old
Verified
There is a hell of a difference between students in a school having to wear an ID badge and what you are alluding to, which is Obama secretly or not so secretly implanting a tracking chip in our bodies/brains. It's pretty funny that you don't see that.
06:22 AM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
TX
Male - 23 Years Old

So you're from Texas--has the fascist Obamacare regime in place down there in red state Texas made YOU get an RFID chip implanted yet? Surely they have...

Oh god, it's so scary. Every time I see a car with an Obama/Biden sticker on it I have to duck behind a bush. People have to wear "Republican" badges like the Third Reich and everything.
06:25 AM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
I don't have a problem with the chips. If you're obedient like you should be in school, you shouldn't worry about being tracked. If you need a chip to access certain facilities in the school, it just prevents unwanted individuals from accessing them.

smh

I'm with NewAge on this (of course)... I live in TX and haven't seen any enforcement of this yet, but the point is, YOU SHOULDN'T BE OKAY WITH THIS... Just because you are in school and should behave doesn't mean you should have a tracking device on you at all times... and it certainly doesn't mean they should implant one in you.

I'm not saying that this is happening and I'm not even saying that it's going to happen... All I'm saying is that you shouldn't be okay with it

If I had children I would not stand for this.
06:28 AM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
NewAgeofHorus
Great Barrier Reef
Male - 22 Years Old
I don't have a problem with the chips. If you're obedient like you should be in school, you shouldn't worry about being tracked. If you need a chip to access certain facilities in the school, it just prevents unwanted individuals from accessing them.

It tracks you, obedient or not. Why do you HAVE to get a tracking device in order to be in school? Why is America okay with the government enforcing this on students?
06:34 AM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
NewAgeofHorus
Great Barrier Reef
Male - 22 Years Old
There is a hell of a difference between students in a school having to wear an ID badge and what you are alluding to, which is Obama secretly or not so secretly implanting a tracking chip in our bodies/brains. It's pretty funny that you don't see that.

Yes, there is a different between an ID badge and having to wear an ID badge WITH a tracking device in it. It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't enforcing it. The Obamacare mentions an RFID chip that can "if must" be used for Obamacare patients. If they are enforcing it on students what makes you think that they won't eventually enforce it on Obamacare patients?

The FDA approved of human implanting, what would there be to stop them? Well us, but we will without a doubt look at it now and not the misuse that can be done by it.
06:36 AM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
NewAgeofHorus
Great Barrier Reef
Male - 22 Years Old

Obamacare isn't in effect as of yet
06:45 AM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
CollectiveConfusion
New York NY
Male - 25 Years Old
Verified
Yes, there is a different between an ID badge and having to wear an ID badge WITH a tracking device in it. It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't enforcing it. The Obamacare mentions an RFID chip that can "if must" be used for Obamacare patients. If they are enforcing it on students what makes you think that they won't eventually enforce it on Obamacare patients?

The FDA approved of human implanting, what would there be to stop them? Well us, but we will without a doubt look at it now and not the misuse that can be done by it.

You're making a mountain out of a mole hill. When kids walk into a school, they give up some of their rights. That's not the case for the rest of us when visiting the doctors office (or anywhere else in the country), even if you're using public health care. You are connecting two completely different scenarios.
06:54 AM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Dustin Harkins
TX
Male - 23 Years Old

http://www.snopes.com/politics/medical/microchip.asp
06:55 AM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
bladerdude360
saved latin. What did you ever do?
Champaign-Urbana,...
Male - 23 Years Old
Except for the part in the article where they say it's on a badge that students carry with them, NOT implanted in their bodies. I don't really think it's necessary and I wouldn't support making them mandatory, but your argument that because they are used in schools, therefore we will all be implanted and tracked and such doesn't make a lot of sense.
06:57 AM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
You're making a mountain out of a mole hill. When kids walk into a school, they give up some of their rights. That's not the case for the rest of us when visiting the doctors office (or anywhere else in the country), even if you're using public health care. You are connecting two completely different scenarios.

This is true, which is why some people elect to send their kids to private schools or home school rather than public education. But don't you think that as a society, we should do our best to make public education the way we want it... I mean we are paying tax dollars to support it, and I don't want my tax dollars paying for tracking devices
07:07 AM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
CollectiveConfusion
New York NY
Male - 25 Years Old
Verified
This is true, which is why some people elect to send their kids to private schools or home school rather than public education. But don't you think that as a society, we should do our best to make public education the way we want it... I mean we are paying tax dollars to support it, and I don't want my tax dollars paying for tracking devices

That's a whole different discussion, but for the sake of argument, yes I do think whatever it cost to make those ID badges could have been better spent on teachers or other essential things. If someone proposed it in my area, I'd oppose it based on that, not because I wouldn't want the school tracking where my kid goes during his free period.
07:08 AM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Dustin Harkins
TX
Male - 23 Years Old
That's a whole different discussion, but for the sake of argument, yes I do think whatever it cost to make those ID badges could have been better spent on teachers or other essential things. If someone proposed it in my area, I'd oppose it based on that, not because I wouldn't want the school tracking where my kid goes during his free period.

I back this.
07:09 AM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
I have more of a problem with people like NewAge who make this out to be part of some ridiculous neo-communist conspiracy somehow tied to OBAMACARE of all things--which is a health care reform act established by a fairly middle-of-the-road moderate president--and also the girl who is challenging the RFID chips because they might be a sign of the apocalypse (as foretold in Revelation) than I do with the actual idea of students being required to carry an ID badge that has an RFID chip on it.

That being said, while I'm sure this seemed like a great idea in the abstract to the administrators of the school, I don't think you can require all students to carry a tracking device. Even though kids do give up some liberties when they enter a public school obviously, this seems to be a bit too much, in my personal opinion. As someone who works in public schools, I understand why this would seem like a good idea, but I also understand why there has been such a backlash from parents and students. However, it's not worthy of the hoopla and national attention it's getting.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos