AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Triple Crown Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

AP.net Chat Announcement: Triple Crown Records Tour

Posted by - 01:24 PM on 11/27/12
We're happy to announce that the guys from Moving Mountains, O'Brother and Caspian will be chatting on the website tomorrow at 8pm EST. Feel free to stop by and ask the guys about their latest albums, the new tour and more. Don't forget about our vinyl contest we posted about yesterday as well.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 22
01:31 PM on 11/27/12
ACA
Next Show: RIOT FEST CHICAGO!!!!!!!
User Info.
Moving Mountains is so ridiculously under-rated, it's insane. They are the equivalent of what fun. did with Aim and Ignite in 2009. Hopefully it doesn't take them three years and an underwhelming record to make a buck.

Caspian is totally solid, but I don't get into the genre too much so I don't really need to see them again. If you like thick, interesting, and somewhat-heavy instrumental rock, though, it's like a dream come true. I had a lot of fun sitting side-stage and just watching them play with their effects and pedals. For guitar nerds, you need to see them.

O'Brother should be up my alley, but the vocalist doesn't connect with me in any way. I've been to nearly 20 shows where they've opened, but most of the time I skip out. They remind me of how I see Pearl Jam -- the vocals just don't agree with me, but there's just so much awesomeness about the band in every other way. I think a lot of people would find a lot to love here.

Really stoked for this tour in early December, see you at the Maxwells date.
01:50 PM on 11/27/12
t00latef0rr0ses
Purple Monkey Dishwasher
User Info.
MM gives me a boner.
02:03 PM on 11/27/12
underdawg1119
fghtffyrdmns
User Info.
o'brother is a modern Pearl Jam lolol. Jesus.
02:26 PM on 11/27/12
MXP
aka Max Phillips
User Info.
WHY CAN"T THEY COME TO TEXAS?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Caspian's "Waking Seaosn" is my AOTY and I love Moving Mountains, plus O"Brother are badass...so why no texas? :(
03:02 PM on 11/27/12
ACA
Next Show: RIOT FEST CHICAGO!!!!!!!
User Info.
WHY CAN"T THEY COME TO TEXAS?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Caspian's "Waking Seaosn" is my AOTY and I love Moving Mountains, plus O"Brother are badass...so why no texas? :(
All three bands have done a ton of Texas touring lately. It is unfortunate you won't get the great pairing, but at least you've had ample chances to catch them this year.
03:16 PM on 11/27/12
baton
ftfmusic.net
User Info.
I hope I translated the timing to europian correctly and I'll catch it somehow. I enjoy every single band out of these three, seen caspian two times, and movmou once, still hoping to get o'brother here one day, and can't wait for next year's follow ups for waves and garden window!
03:32 PM on 11/27/12
Gregv
Watch The Sky
User Info.
awesome. 3 great bands, very excited to hear what will be talked about.
04:15 PM on 11/27/12
MXP
aka Max Phillips
User Info.
All three bands have done a ton of Texas touring lately. It is unfortunate you won't get the great pairing, but at least you've had ample chances to catch them this year.
Yeah, I just wish that this tour was coming here. I'm gonna catch them next time any of them are here, especially Caspian.
04:30 PM on 11/27/12
RyanGarner
Registered Member
User Info.
I really wish the Philly date wasn't 21+.
05:22 PM on 11/27/12
brook183
Leave the lunchmeat for the sharks
User Info.
I love O'Brother.
05:34 PM on 11/27/12
KenneyBN
will be gone till July 2015 on mish
User Info.
Always count on ACA for great band summaries
07:09 PM on 11/27/12
Keele
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Curious to find out more about the MM album
08:43 PM on 11/27/12
Anthony Sorendino
Don't you dare ever give up...
User Info.
Moving Mountains is fucking incredible. Seriously, if you haven't listened to them, you're a damn fool:

Pumped for the chat tomorrow!
01:40 AM on 11/28/12
JuneJuly
Allez l'OL
User Info.
I can't believe there hasn't been a ' MovMou should go back to Pneuma ' comment yet.

Personally, I prefer Waves. That album made them one of my favorite bands.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos