Username
Password
Apple/iTunes News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 72.
03:34 PM on 11/27/12
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
You should channel this anger elsewhere, then.

Not angry. Never came off as angry. I also don't guilt trip people for listening to something.
03:56 PM on 11/27/12
Your Milkshake
...I drink it
User Info.
No one is hailing this as AOTY or claiming it as a classic or potential classic. They are simply saying that they like it or that it isn't worthy of having a giant hate bandwagon following it. I myself only truly enjoy two or her songs and dislike or am indifferent towards all her others. With that being said, when people get so butthurt about music as utterly harmless as this, I find it not only A. annoying and quintessential special snowflake material but B. useless anger that can be channeled towards something that is far more despicable (or better yet instead of channeling hate towards something they can talk about something they enjoy for once). I get it. Just because she's self-aware doesn't negate the tackiness of her music however, the fact that so many people are riled up because members on this site enjoy harmlessly silly music such as this is kind of well... silly.

Youre right. Everyone should listen to exactly whatever kind of music they want to. Although, some people may be mad when they realize just how much money there is to make in the entertainment industry via tailored mass marketing and subculturing. If they percieve an artist to be insincere or untalented it may be frustrating to know that popular artists are rolling in the dough while more honest acts are barely scraping by. Think about how many songs in the last 1 to 2 years "reuse" elements from other songs. The point is maybe too much money is thrown at the next big pop stars and their labels, in a sense, enabling and resulting in a more homogenous and exclusive music industry. Thats not necessarily a good thing.
04:14 PM on 11/27/12
Avalanche1
Keep running, keep shining on
User Info.
I was really looking forward to this, especially after Die Young, but I was pretty disappointed with the album.
04:31 PM on 11/27/12
jjm1
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This plays fast and loose with the term "music."
It seems like every Kesha post (pretty sure its usually by Joe DeAndre) you immediately come in and make sure everyone knows you think Kesha sucks. I know you like to let staff post whatever they want but does it piss you off when this stuff is posted or something?
04:35 PM on 11/27/12
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
User Info.
some real jams on here, and some of the most laughable songs ever.
04:45 PM on 11/27/12
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
Youre right. Everyone should listen to exactly whatever kind of music they want to. Although, some people may be mad when they realize just how much money there is to make in the entertainment industry via tailored mass marketing and subculturing. If they percieve an artist to be insincere or untalented it may be frustrating to know that popular artists are rolling in the dough while more honest acts are barely scraping by. Think about how many songs in the last 1 to 2 years "reuse" elements from other songs. The point is maybe too much money is thrown at the next big pop stars and their labels, in a sense, enabling and resulting in a more homogenous and exclusive music industry. Thats not necessarily a good thing.

That's the unfortunate reality though, regardless of the medium. McDonalds will always make more money than the local burger shop. Michael Bay flicks will always make more money than a risk-taking indie film. And pop artists will always sell the most records, garner the larger fanbases and gain the most exposure. It's always been like this and probably always will. McDonalds is honestly a perfect comparison to pop music. It's cheap and potentially articficial but does it's job (and is infinitely better when you're drunk); however nobody wants to be that guy that only eats at McDonalds. Music is unfortunately a business like everything else, and artists like Ke$ha, for better or worse, are more marketable. The best thing you could do is concentrate on the artists you love, do everything you can to make sure they keep making music, and let the kids like whatevers on the radio; they'll broaded their horizons eventually *knocks on wood*
05:10 PM on 11/27/12
j4callen
User Info.
This album is mediocre but people throwing around the same, tired bullshit that pop stars they don't like are "untalented" is beyond annoying to me.

I'm kind of interested in hearing someone intelligently defend a position stating Kesha is completely untalented. "Ha, ha, ha, show me watchu got!" (AP cred, y'all).
05:57 PM on 11/27/12
Your Milkshake
...I drink it
User Info.
That's the unfortunate reality though, regardless of the medium. McDonalds will always make more money than the local burger shop. Michael Bay flicks will always make more money than a risk-taking indie film. And pop artists will always sell the most records, garner the larger fanbases and gain the most exposure. It's always been like this and probably always will. McDonalds is honestly a perfect comparison to pop music. It's cheap and potentially articficial but does it's job (and is infinitely better when you're drunk); however nobody wants to be that guy that only eats at McDonalds. Music is unfortunately a business like everything else, and artists like Ke$ha, for better or worse, are more marketable. The best thing you could do is concentrate on the artists you love, do everything you can to make sure they keep making music, and let the kids like whatevers on the radio; they'll broaded their horizons eventually *knocks on wood*

I wholeheartedly agree with you although we must be careful to not speak in absolutes here. Are you familiar with popular music from the 70's? That era would like a word with your hypothesis if youre concerned with marketability. Actually every decades popular music up until after the 70's has been resoundingly acceptable to all demographics. Yes, the times are changing and music is becoming more streamlined.

For the record I personally am not the one calling Kesha untalented in here.
06:13 PM on 11/27/12
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
This album is mediocre but people throwing around the same, tired bullshit that pop stars they don't like are "untalented" is beyond annoying to me.

I'm kind of interested in hearing someone intelligently defend a position stating Kesha is completely untalented. "Ha, ha, ha, show me watchu got!" (AP cred, y'all).
On edge of my seat waiting for someone to claim computers sing instead of her.
06:27 PM on 11/27/12
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
I wholeheartedly agree with you although we must be careful to not speak in absolutes here. Are you familiar with popular music from the 70's? That era would like a word with your hypothesis if youre concerned with marketability. Actually every decades popular music up until after the 70's has been resoundingly acceptable to all demographics. Yes, the times are changing and music is becoming more streamlined.

For the record I personally am not the one calling Kesha untalented in here.

That is true. I remember reading a Cracked article a while back explaining how Frampton Comes Alive and its record breaking sales inavertingly resulting in the birth of the modern music industry; an industry where the amount of records sold becaming the top priority. Coincidentally, around the time this album came out, disco started its rise in 70s culture, arguably the first musical genre to have an active backlash.
06:33 PM on 11/27/12
Your Milkshake
...I drink it
User Info.
That is true. I remember reading a Cracked article a while back explaining how Frampton Comes Alive and its record breaking sales inavertingly resulting in the birth of the modern music industry; an industry where the amount of records sold becaming the top priority. Coincidentally, around the time this album came out, disco started its rise in 70s culture, arguably the first musical genre to have an active backlash.

Once the MBAs get ahold of anything, everything is run like a coldly calculated business. Imagine what its going to be like when all the employees at the hugest companies in the world with the brightest futures ahead of them such as Google are all superceded by these kind of people.
07:55 PM on 11/27/12
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.
On edge of my seat waiting for someone to claim computers sing instead of her.
i luv compooter sings.
08:06 PM on 11/27/12
ChaseTx
Good analogies. I have no problem with pop music; in fact I'm a fan of a lot of stuff that gets constantly derided by rock elitists. I just REALLY can't stand Kesha. And don't get me started on Flo Rida.
09:32 PM on 11/27/12
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
Good analogies. I have no problem with pop music; in fact I'm a fan of a lot of stuff that gets constantly derided by rock elitists. I just REALLY can't stand Kesha. And don't get me started on Flo Rida.
To me, Flo Rida is like the Train of hip-hop. It is void of anything special or noteworthy but at the same time, it's so harmlessly bland that if you heard it on the radio, it wouldn't come off as something so bad you need to vent about it. Maybe you'd change the station out of boredom but it wouldn't inject a leech on your brain. I'd even say some of his tracks, mainly "Club Can't Handle Me", had some sweet hooks/production on it (probably because he had absolutely nothing to do with it). Because whenever he does a song by himself (Fucking. Fuuuuuucking Whistle) it's completely atrocious.
10:05 PM on 11/27/12
TheDillon
twitter.com/thedillon
User Info.
I love Ke$ha.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music